Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Stolen keys

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 09:59 PM
Brentb1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stolen keys

This morning I went to start my truck and the keys were gone "which were left in ignition" long story short 3 of my vehicles had their keys stolen as did a neighbor "I guess they think it is a couple of kids". I have spares for all but my 87 951, so my question is does/can Porsche cut new keys? If your wondering why I leave the keys in the car, I live in the country and I am an idiot!
Old 11-09-2014, 10:50 PM
Dougs951S
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Might want to call a local locksmith first, I had a copy made for my car and they actually had the blank on hand. I had multiples made since they were under 4$ each.
Old 11-09-2014, 11:38 PM
mahoney944
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Brentb1
This morning I went to start my truck and the keys were gone "which were left in ignition" long story short 3 of my vehicles had their keys stolen as did a neighbor "I guess they think it is a couple of kids". I have spares for all but my 87 951, so my question is does/can Porsche cut new keys? If your wondering why I leave the keys in the car, I live in the country and I am an idiot!
Porsche can cut you a key from your Vin. You just need you drivers license and your registration card
Old 11-10-2014, 12:21 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Yea, but what are you going to do, if the thief comes back and decides to drive your car(s) away ??
Do you think you need to change the ignition keys ?
Old 11-10-2014, 01:02 AM
Brentb1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crazy Eddie if he comes back and fires up the 951, I will shake his hand, as there is no intake on it and is in the process of being resurrected. But seriously from now on the keys will be in the house or in the locked workshop, either way he will not be stealing keys from my property again! Thanks for the info!
Old 11-10-2014, 01:41 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Crazy Eddie
if he comes back and fires up the 951, I will shake his hand, as there is no intake on it and is in the process of being resurrected
. But seriously from now on the keys will be in the house or in the locked workshop, either way he will not be stealing keys from my property again! Thanks for the info!
LOL
Or you could have warm welcome waiting for him....
Like a Mossberg 500
Old 11-10-2014, 04:34 AM
Dougs951S
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Crazy Eddie
LOL
Or you could have warm welcome waiting for him....
Like a Mossberg 500
LOL thats what I say too. My car has an 8 lb flywheel and a grabby 6 puck clutch. And its loud. By the time the would-be thief had managed to fire it up for the 5th time and get it out of my driveway, I'd be waiting...
Old 11-11-2014, 04:35 PM
jmj951
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We used to do that too, lived in a small town (we're talking maybe 50 houses) and some juvenile delinquent stole our Jeep out of our driveway in the middle of the night. Killed it twice, so my Dad was able to chase him down about three miles away and got the jeep back that night (he tried to cross a muddy field but didn't know that 4x4 doesn't engage on old jeeps until you manually lock the hubs). Police couldn't get a good set of fingerprints. Their dogs followed a trail directly to a house in the next town, but they claim they couldn't enter and question the occupants. We know exactly who it was and talked to his Dad about it, but the police didn't care to do anything about it since we got it back.

Quick Reply: Stolen keys