Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Buchanan Auto - Public Big Thanks

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2014 | 10:37 PM
glen2002
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buchanan Auto - Public Big Thanks

I have been having having intermittent starting issues for the last year or so on my car, driving me nuts. As everyone knows intermittent faults are the most fun, will show up for 2 hours when you are on the side of the road 300km from home, nowhere to be seen at home or in the workshop. During the course of these starting issues I have replaced or exchanged everything from speed reference sensors and harness, coil, DME, KLR, ignition key connection, and numerous things I have forgotten. The car had left me stranded numerous times and really I thought my twenty year plus ownership of a 951 was coming to an end.

I took the car down to Buchanan's and Sean & Bruce (JET951 on this forum) worked out through process of elimination that it must be the harness, specifically starting from the ignition key. Bruce rewired the car in the problem area, in some places using dual circuits. The difference has been remarkable, the car now starts within a rotation or two, I really cant believe the difference better wiring makes - it has halved the 'time to fire'.

Of course work like this can rarely be charged at the time it really takes, but through all this Bruce and Sean are smiling. I really can't recommend them both highly enough to anyone in Australia who has a front engined Porsche. Legends! Of course they are also good blokes and Sean is just a little swift in his 951.

Big thanks
Old 08-26-2014 | 11:15 PM
David Floyd
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good job guys
Old 08-28-2014 | 06:30 AM
Cyberpunky
Three Wheelin'

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I have heard only good things about their work, it is just a pity they are 900Ks away lol
Old 08-28-2014 | 10:17 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts

Definitely a +1 from me too. Always obliging, helpful, don't charge like a wounded bull and have almost cornered the front engine market in terms of knowledge & service. Not to say that they don't see rear and mid engine cars in the shop too but when other shops contact them for assistance on a transaxle you know you're doing something right. Having Sean repeatedly win various club events doesn't hurt either! Look forward to the new builds to come out of their shop I've heard about....
Old 08-30-2014 | 08:17 AM
fred27
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bruce and Sean are great guys. Their skill and work is of a very high standard.
Old 08-30-2014 | 05:49 PM
xtaC
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice work Gents!

Quick Reply: Buchanan Auto - Public Big Thanks