Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

88 944 Turbo S - Whats a fair price?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 11:24 PM
Scott72
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 88 944 Turbo S for sale - $13,500

*****Decided to make this my official for sale thread. Figured it has all the pics in it etc. Car is in CT about 40 miles outside NYC. PM me if interested and I can send more pics. I wanted to give the rennlist guys first crack at it before I put it up elsewhere******

Thanks
Scott

Been away for a while and have been out of touch what these cars are going for these days. I think I am going to put my 1988 944 Turbo S up for sale as it needs to go to a good home and someone who is going to use it. I'm not looking for top dollar but want to price it so it sells quickly.

It is a Silver Rose car with the check interior. It has 56K miles on it and is all stock except for 17 inch Kinesis Cup Rims with pretty new Michelin Pilot Sports on them. I have the originals (in almost perfect shape) but the tires are ancient on them. Only other mods are an older Autothority chip set and the headlights have been upgraded and a set of M030 968 sway bars/bushings. The paint is all original except the back license plate valance which was painted after it was backed into by an SUV (I have a pic of the damage before it was fixed). Rear quarters weren't touched. Paint is in great shape except normal stone chips etc. Interior is in really good shape with no rips in the seats and all original including the radio/tape deck. Dash has no cracks. Has new Lloyds floor mats.

I just replaced the steering rack and reservoir as it was leaking with on from 944online. Did the tie rods while I was at it. Also just did the plugs/cap/rotor and Beru wires as general maintenance. Also did the clear stone guards front and rear as the old ones looked original (the pics below still show the old ones).

What the car needs - I haven't had it aligned since doing the rack/tie rods and it needs and alignment. Also, the A/C works but I noticed it is leaking compressor oil. I have a new compressor for it but haven't swapped it out as it is still running R12 and would like to convert it to R134 and just don't have the time. Timing belt and water pump done around 3k ago but if you follow the 3 year rule it is about due (belt).

Extras I have - enough plaid material to redo all the seats (not that they need them) from another project I had. I also have a BB cat delete exhaust sitting around and an extra "Turbo" sticker for the front fender.

I was never a fan of "what is it worth" threads but really don't know as Silver Rose 944 turbo S seems to rarely come up. Like I said, I want to sell it without a lot of fuss or dealing with Ebay, so not looking for a crazy dollar figure that will have the car sitting for months. I will get some better pics but here is what I have.

Last edited by Scott72; 07-27-2014 at 06:17 PM.
Old 07-24-2014, 11:41 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I won't speak for the "market", because yours appears to be a very nice, almost completely original S, but I would consider paying 15k, for the car...if I had the money. That's just what I would do. It's not meant to be a statement about the larger market.
Old 07-25-2014, 10:57 AM
black944 turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I would agree with ehall, If the car is as described and you get the alignment done. $15k seems very reasonable.
Old 07-25-2014, 11:20 AM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

you would easily get that in Canada
I would pay that if I had extra cash
Old 07-25-2014, 12:29 PM
samcknig
Track Day

$15K seems about right.

My kid has the same power wheel. He loves it.
Old 07-25-2014, 01:24 PM
blade7
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

You could add $5-10k to that in Europe, sunroof would be the only downside though.
Old 07-25-2014, 02:05 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Nice car/miles. Should sell quick.

Any interest in separating the BB stainless cat delete pipe?
Old 07-25-2014, 10:58 PM
Scott72
Intermediate

Not sure if I want to sell the exhaust just yet. It is a full exhaust from cat delete and the muffler. Let me wait to see what happens with the car.

I am going to put it up for less then 15k which seems to be the consensus. I thinking more around 13.5K or so. I'm on the East coast and I think if I was in CA it would be easier to sell. I washed the car tonight and took some more pics. It really is a great car. Could really use a detail though as it just sits under a cover more then it should be. If anyone wants to see more pics - pm me and I can email them to you.

No rips in the seats. Maybe a little faded but it in great shape

I have a new jumper fuel line that comes with the car - looks like it replaced once already

Washed it tonight as it was a little dusty.

Small paint imperfection were the back was painted- it's not rust just were the paint had a reaction or some sort

Small scuff in the front bumper - haven't tried to touch it up

Original Radio
Old 07-26-2014, 12:40 AM
gpr8er
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Where are you located?
I would consider picking this car up, but shipping would really be a make or break.
Old 07-26-2014, 01:41 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by gpr8er
Where are you located?
I would consider picking this car up, but shipping would really be a make or break.
No, no, no! You are doing it all wrong. You buy it in place and do what I did! You roadtrip it back home! I bought mine in Studio City and drove it back to Florida! Awesome trip, in a great 951! For a car in this shape, I wouldn't think twice about doing it again.
Old 07-26-2014, 04:35 AM
mr965
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 87 Posts

Damn. I'm a sucker for nice 944's like this. I just might have to add another one to the garage.
Old 07-26-2014, 11:12 AM
Scott72
Intermediate

I am in CT about 35-40 miles outside NYC. Like I said, there are a lot more people who love these cars on the West Coast. Last three cars I have bought were in CA, Arizona, and this 944T came from Texas. I do know that shipping in an open trailer was about $850 a couple of years ago from Texas. Had my 911S shipped from the Auctions in Arizona in 2010 in a closed trailer and it was around $1100.
Old 07-26-2014, 06:46 PM
gpr8er
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Scott72
I am in CT about 35-40 miles outside NYC. Like I said, there are a lot more people who love these cars on the West Coast. Last three cars I have bought were in CA, Arizona, and this 944T came from Texas. I do know that shipping in an open trailer was about $850 a couple of years ago from Texas. Had my 911S shipped from the Auctions in Arizona in 2010 in a closed trailer and it was around $1100.
Well like I said, shipping is a deal breaker. For giggles I got a quote for open trailer from Raleigh, NC to Cypress, CA pretty much a straight east to west shot for $1350. So from NYC is going to be at least $1500 or more. q

Car should sell pretty quick, GLWS
Old 08-07-2014, 05:47 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

bump for rennlistrennlist. Here is the car I was talking about

Quick Reply: 88 944 Turbo S - Whats a fair price?