Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Lindsey vacuum hose kit?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2003, 03:38 AM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I called again today and talked to Dave, first time I've dealt with them and great customer service!! Just like everyone said.

Anyway, he's got the hoses for the idle stabilizer as well as for the brake booster, my order hadn't been picked up yet so he just added them in.

Thanks Dave!
Sam
Old 08-02-2003, 03:48 AM
dmoffitt
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the lindsey hoses are awesome, good quality silicone hoses, enough fittings, etc. i would also recommend instead of re-running a lot of the factory lines, take this opportunity to eliminate the cycling-valve. also, get a crank-case breather (iirc, the whole point is, plumbing this stuff back into the intake tract means introducing oil vapor into the combustion chambers thus reducing the effective octane rating of your gas, and increasing the effective compression ratio due to volume occupied by oil vapor). also get the updated brake booster hose. these things won't cost you an arm and a leg, but will (imo) improve reliability, and i'm a big fan of simplifying when/where possible on these cars.

heck, i currently have all of 4 vac. lines - manifold->T->fpr(2nd line go another T->DV+fuel rail damper. ok, i lied, 6 lines- one more T that goes to my boost gauge, and the factory KLR hardline
Old 08-12-2003, 03:56 PM
87951CJN
Advanced

Just installed the Lindsey kit yesterday. Excellent quality on the hose and fittings. It felt great to sort out a little if the vac line mess the exsists under the manifold. This was one area where it is nice to improve on design.
Old 08-12-2003, 06:28 PM
Mike Murcia
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I went the Lindsey route when I did my engine swap. Has worked very well so far. The pic is before I zip-tied most of the connections.
Attached Images  
Old 08-12-2003, 09:12 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Mike..when did you do the engine swap? any details? looks great!
Old 08-13-2003, 02:20 AM
Mike Murcia
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks Sam. I completed the swap last week. The old engine had 185K, and needed front/rear seals, oil pan gasket, head job, bearings, etc. I figured it would be easier to swap it out with a fresh engine, so 6 working days later, the beast had a new heart. It wasn't as bad as I first thought it would be. Maybe I should start a new thread with my progress pics.
Old 08-13-2003, 09:49 AM
keith
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can anyone post of email me that diagram of vacuum line routing? I've been battling low boost for a couple of months now and would like to verify correct routing on my car...
Old 08-13-2003, 09:59 AM
Duke
Nordschleife Master

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally posted by Mike Murcia
Thanks Sam. I completed the swap last week. The old engine had 185K, and needed front/rear seals, oil pan gasket, head job, bearings, etc. I figured it would be easier to swap it out with a fresh engine, so 6 working days later, the beast had a new heart. It wasn't as bad as I first thought it would be. Maybe I should start a new thread with my progress pics.
It would be great to see your progress pics!
Old 03-19-2004, 05:24 PM
KLR
Rennlist Member

I was just reading this in the archives and would like to ask a stupid question:

Can I replace the small vacuum lines with the $30 lindsey kit without removing the intake manifold? I realize that this means that I'll leave the large hoses untouched, but I figure that the small hoses would be a good start / preventative measure.

As further background, I have a reliaboost and can simply bypass the cycling valve (in fact, this seems to be Danno's suggested approach nowadays)
Old 03-19-2004, 05:28 PM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Yup easy to do with manifold still on...
Old 03-19-2004, 05:44 PM
pk951
Burning Brakes

Mike Murica

That is one clean ingine bay!
Old 03-19-2004, 06:00 PM
schnellfahrer
Addict
Rennlist Member

I just bought a 951, and looking down into the engine compartment depresses me. What's all that stuff down there? My NA was much simpler. Is there like a picture of the enginebay with arrows and descriptions of the different thingys? Where is this cycling valve everyone keeps talking about?
$30? I'd love to do this too, but have NO idea where to start.
Old 03-19-2004, 06:06 PM
turbite
Burning Brakes

Is this kit on lindsey's site?
Old 03-19-2004, 07:07 PM
KLR
Rennlist Member

The kit is indeed on lindseyracing.com. There are actually two kits, one is about $30 and replaces all of the thin plastic hoses that run around the engine compartment into little rubber connectors. This is the one that I was asking about. The other is about $60 and includes a few large hoses that live under the intake manifold. There's no way to change these without taking off the intake manifold, which, from Clark's Garage's instructions, looks pretty involved. Most people who have replaced these hoses claim that they are in terrible shape, so this is certainly worth doing if you are willing to go through the effort or have to have the manifold off anyway. I figure that I'll start with the simple approach and see how things pan out.

schnellfahrer, start searching the archives. I was in your position three months ago, and have picked up quite a bit from old posts.
Old 03-19-2004, 07:21 PM
Sam Lin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

KLR, don't bother, do the big kit while you're in there. Intake manifold, other than requiring 4 new gaskets at about 1.60 each, takes 10 minutes to remove.

Sam

Quick Reply: Lindsey vacuum hose kit?