Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Vitesse New products.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003, 07:24 PM
adrial
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vitesse,

How's the reprogrammable motronic setup coming along?
Old 10-21-2003, 07:40 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

It's fully functioning. We have few kits in use now. It will be an item we offer, but after the display module which will be released soon.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:47 PM
pikey7
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by fast951
It's fully functioning. We have few kits in use now. It will be an item we offer, but after the display module which will be released soon.
must......... have............. drool...............

More details yet John?? You can't keep me waiting on this puppy!!!
Old 10-21-2003, 08:24 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

The display module, will give you a live display of all the data as seen by the DME/KLR. AFR, Injector duty cycle, RPM, Load, Boost, Water temp, Air Temp, Timing...

Next the Motronic Editor, will allow you to modify the values. It makes the Motronic tunable same as a stand alone.. No plans to market this as a product yet, cost is a big issue!
Old 10-21-2003, 09:03 PM
Mikeaagesen
Pro

Default cupholders?

And with all this turbo talk, where are the cupholders? LOL, im just bored.
Old 10-21-2003, 11:23 PM
Ben Z.
Burning Brakes

Hey Mike- Still thinking about getting a 951??

I can't wait until summer '05 when I will hopefully be getting a bunch of packages from Vitesse! I hope the comments remain overwhelmingly positive on your products/service.
Old 10-22-2003, 12:24 AM
Mikeaagesen
Pro

Default Yep, in spring

I am but it looks like I am waiting until spring. I lost roughly 3000 dollars due to my brother crashing my car. I wouldn't really wannt to drive one around in snow anyways, so it shouldn't be too hard waiting until Spring. When spring comes though, I should have more than enough money for a 951. I was told insurance isn't actually too bad on these?
Old 10-22-2003, 12:50 AM
v944god
Addict
Rennlist Member

I hope the prices on the kits are a little cheaper. I'm trying to save as much money as possible to hopefully drop one of these kits in so I don't have to waste money switching between chips, and turbos. All I want to see is something that is decently priced, and puts down big numbers.
Old 10-22-2003, 12:52 AM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

fast951

>>>The display module, will give you a live display of all the data as seen by the DME/KLR. AFR, Injector duty cycle, RPM, Load, Boost, Water temp, Air Temp, Timing... <<<

Not bad! Finally a product that's innovative & new, and from the description, sounds like an absolute "must-have" deal....

I'm impressed.

Since I've not seen the product yet... might I offer some advise... (which I'm sure would be too late anyway... :-)

Make the display a recess/flush mount device. And... make it pretty.

Too many of the "gadgets" that come out for the aftermarket look too much like a EE Project Kit. Although this has zero affect on performance... it makes any product much more attractive with respect to permanent mounting.

Example: The Lindsey Pro-M and WideBand 02. Although the functionality of the Pro-M is "OK to Good", and the Wideband Uego 02 setup is excellent, the packaging is "so-so" at best. Acceptable at best, it's a far cry from eye candy. And it's eye candy that makes any product look good. In this case.. each of the above two mentioned devices should have had the bulky generic electronic boxes remote mounted at a minimum. It's kind of a joke to have these mounted in the interior of a nice street car.

It's not enough to just perform...

Anyway.... It really sounds like you've got a great product coming out. Good luck.
Old 10-22-2003, 12:56 AM
v944god
Addict
Rennlist Member

Like TonyG said, make the thing look good.

I hate looking at those ugly displays that usually sell on these cars. Get something creative going.
Old 10-22-2003, 01:11 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

All thanks should go to TT, he's the inventor for the Display & Motronic Editor. He has done a fantastic job!!! We teamed up on these projects, and hope to be bringing more to life... Vitesse is the sole distributor.

As for the display, we intend on having the knock control warning visible/mounted in the car. To keep cost down, initially the Motronic display will be on the laptop. This is a must for tuning, solving problems.... All the information you need in front of you. We might have Data Logging capabilities at some point..

Pricing, packaging, features, ease of install... are issues we are dealing with now. The 944/951 is a very limited market, our goal is to provide the best products at a reasonable price...
Old 10-22-2003, 02:25 AM
mochman
Pro

Excellent deal, I have a snap-on scanner that does the freeze frames, similar to datalogging, on the OBDII vehicles and it kicks *** on driveability and diagnostic problems. To have something like this in the tuning end of a 951 would be a godsend. Definitely hardcore, you release I'll be buying it.
Old 10-22-2003, 03:43 AM
cheetah chrome
Addict
Rennlist Member

wow display sounds great!

even though its more of a troubleshooting function, not a performance upgrade. i'd love to see (incorporated in your display ) a data acquisition unit that would log all of the fuel management voltages in the car (AFM, TPS, O2 sensor, etc..) vs RPM/boost/temp etc... and graph them. of coarse you would have downloadable "proper running" graphs for stock and your stage I-V setups the user could overlay with. basically making troubleshooting idiot proof so when a person gets a setup on they have it functioning 100% before they get to a dyno to fine tune it. (and it keeps the roads safer from 951 owners driving around watching RPM, boost, and a DVM instead of the road....not saying i know anyone who has done such an act )
Old 10-22-2003, 11:38 AM
crazyracer
Racer

I have seeon something similar before

http://homepage.hispeed.ch/Porsche95...ing_system.htm
Old 10-22-2003, 01:21 PM
rhesus
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by crazyracer
I have seeon something similar before

http://homepage.hispeed.ch/Porsche95...ing_system.htm
Try this instead
Translated Link

Translation isn't perfect, but it's a whole lot better than try to guess what it says.