Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2003, 01:24 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Not a problem.. I just didn't want to convert this thread into a debate.

I do not think that PiggyBack replaces EFI. There are applications for EFI systems.. I just don't see it for street/track driven 951..

Would the new system we'll be offering replace the PiggyBack, NO! Would it do everything essential in an EFI? Yes...

I agree, many functions and features look good on paper. However the Timing issue with Our PiggyBack is functioning properly.. Scopes and timing lights do not tell lies.

If the PiggyBack you used didn't work, perhaps you can try ours... But please wait till September, I need a vacation
Old 10-19-2003, 05:18 PM
B951S
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 3 Posts

John
When will the boost control be available on the piggyback?? I need boost control that feeds in TPS so I don't get huge swells of boost under part throttle. I am very close to buying a Link 2, the one thing I love about it is that it can control target boost as a function of TPS. Please let us know when the Vitesse kit will do this.
Thanks
Old 10-19-2003, 07:39 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

It does it now, and has been for a while. I use a AMP sensor to control boost, but you can use the TPS.

So you will have boost control based on LOAD, RPM and (AMP or TPS).
Remember that TPS or AMP signals are both 0-5v so whichever you want to use works.
Old 10-19-2003, 08:48 PM
B951S
Rennlist Member

Very cool, I am interested. What is and AMP sensor (absolute manifold pressure?)

Does the unit get actual boost from a pressure signal somewhere to adjust the boost solenoid (closed loop), or is it open loop. Is boost available as a datalog variable?

So if I understand correctly, I can set target boost at regular intervals in the RPM range (500rpm?), and have these targets modified by LOAD and or TPS?? What units are the target values in, PSI or just some number that represents a certain soleniod duty cycle? Lastly, what soleniod is compatiable with the system......

Sorry for the rapid fire questions, just very interested....
Old 10-19-2003, 09:34 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

You can get actual boost for a AMP or MAP signal. You alter the frequency on the selenoid which works as a bleeder valave.
Boost signal can be Logged.

You can set your boost based on RPM, LOAD (MAF signal or TPS) and Pressure (AMP) signal.
Old 10-19-2003, 10:10 PM
89magic98
In the Sink
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 75 Posts

TT was working on some pretty trick stuff. But on the simple side for N/A cars...

Are you going to enable the led output on pre-88 cars with a low cost kit?

I think all this chip would include would be a chip replacement adds this diagnostic functionality (basic blink codes that display diagnostic information)?

Kevin
Old 10-20-2003, 12:16 AM
B951S
Rennlist Member

So to clarify
The vitesse stage II ships with boost control built in??

What type of soleniod do you need, stock, nippon etc?

It would help to give us a list of new features for the kit in general. Does the stage II come with quick spool internals or is that extra money. Others on the board has speculated that the later version of stage II has the quick boost as std

I wish I could get some straight answers (preferably more than a sentence)

John
Would it help if I PM'd you

Thanks
Old 10-20-2003, 07:03 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally posted by B951S
So to clarify
The vitesse stage II ships with boost control built in??

What type of soleniod do you need, stock, nippon etc?

It would help to give us a list of new features for the kit in general. Does the stage II come with quick spool internals or is that extra money. Others on the board has speculated that the later version of stage II has the quick boost as std

I wish I could get some straight answers (preferably more than a sentence)

John
Would it help if I PM'd you

Thanks
"Straight Answers"?? As opposed to what?

You asked about boost control in the PiggyBack, and I responded. Sorry I didn't include a detailed spec list for each Stage I, II, III and IV.. I should have known you wanted info on the Stage II, What was I thinking?

And the solenoid is "Vitesse" brand.. hope this helps..

Thank you for your interest. Please email directly should you have further inquiries.
Old 10-20-2003, 10:35 AM
B951S
Rennlist Member

John
Not a problem, I should have been clearer. Just trying to visualize how much control the new boost feature will give and how I can map it. I will email you directly with any further questions
Thanks
Old 10-20-2003, 11:20 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

B951S,

The Boost solenoid works as a bleeder valve. To control the solenoid you specify frequency values (0-255) in a table. The table is 3 dimensional: Load, RPM, Boost.

The PiggyBack allows you to control water injection in the same manner. You can have either boost control or water injection (not both).

I'm testing a water injection that we will be offering soon. It will offer the features of the more expensive systems ($900+) but at a much less expensive price with better flow capabilities...

We now offer a quick spool upgrade to all of our turbos. It's an option that you need to specify when ordering.
Old 10-20-2003, 07:46 PM
TurboGuy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John,

So how quick spool is a quick spool in terms of time or rpm. What are the differences in the turbo that make it a quick spool. What does this difference cost? Who would order a slow spool?
Old 10-21-2003, 03:33 AM
NZ951
Race Director

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Buy a Link 2...!
Old 10-21-2003, 10:57 AM
turbo944
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not meaning to be a pest....I saw a mention of chips without having to buy the whole kit on the first page. I have wanted to get all the way into a MAP or MAF kit, but funds just aren't working my way right now. I'm not super happy with the Autothority chips and would like to change them out in the very near future. I checked the web page and didn't see them listed as a separate thing, but I don't see the quick spool turbo option there right off either.....I already have a few other little things as is indicated in my sig....

Any news on that front? Thanks!
Old 10-21-2003, 11:00 AM
B951S
Rennlist Member

Originally posted by NZ951
Buy a Link 2...!
I just went through the 115 page manual, man, the Link 2 sounds awsome. I am working with Neil at PD to to hook me up

My end set up will be Link 2 with a Vitesse turbo
Old 10-21-2003, 11:35 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

With so many new products in the work to be released soon, I haven't had a chance to update the website...
The turbo upgrade can be added to most turbos, it's a $200 upgrade.

Among other products, we will be offering chips as a product..

Things on the way: Chips, Water injection, Wide Band O2 kits, Motronic Display, knock display units, MAF kits for 944 NA.....