Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Replacing Vacuum Hoses - Good source?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 07:49 PM
Ronin-951
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Copper/Brass Crush Washers are used to seal the Vacuum Banjo Bolts on the Intake and J Boot. They start with a dished out shape, and once tighten, are an excellent seal, however, once moved, twisted or loosened, never seal again.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:23 PM
NM'87 951
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronin-951
Copper/Brass Crush Washers are used to seal the Vacuum Banjo Bolts on the Intake and J Boot. They start with a dished out shape, and once tighten, are an excellent seal, however, once moved, twisted or loosened, never seal again.
Ok. I didn't have a banjo on the jboot, but my jboot was cracked and broken and fixed with whatever randomness the PO could muster....

I did take off the banjo on the hard pipe from the turbo to the intercooler, so I'll look for a couple crush washers for that (those 2 washers did look brass/copper to me now that you mention it). I never removed the banjo on the intake manifold itself, but i did loosen it to get easier access to the lines.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:53 PM
BoostBuggy
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thx Ronin. I knew what crush washers were just wasn't aware of where there were used relative to the topic of this thread. U have told us where they are... Thx

Quick Reply: Replacing Vacuum Hoses - Good source?