Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Replacing Vacuum Hoses - Good source?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2013, 10:37 AM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

I like this stuff

http://techtonicstuning.com/main/ind...oducts_id=1720

1.70/foot and you don't need that much. OEM german cloth braided 3.5mm vacuum line.
Old 09-28-2013, 02:51 AM
Grandpa#3
Three Wheelin'

Location: Hawkinsville / Perry, Georgia, RETIRED USAF GO BLUE
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm very satisfied with the silicone vacuum hose kit and their price. You can chose the color you want. The hoses that run under the intake manifold I used small zip ties as an extra securing on the ends.

http://www.lindseyracing.com/LR/Pors...VDK-VHK-S.html

Cheers,
Larry
Old 09-28-2013, 10:20 AM
dmcampbell
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Best kit out there IMO - http://hiperformancestore.com/porsche.htm. Put this kit on 4 years ago, very complete and very high quality. Mike
Old 09-30-2013, 08:14 PM
mtnman82
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm satisfied with my kit from Lindsey. Between that and Laust's vacuum manifold the routing is pretty nice/easy/clean. I did use zip ties in places. I also wonder if they balloon under boost and how much it affects things.

dmcampbell's kit looks interesting...
Old 10-01-2013, 01:49 PM
BoostBuggy
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're the second or third to mention and give thumbs up for the LR kit. The pricing seems reasonable so that may well be the way to go. I'm not familar with Laust's routing. Could you share the link or info on that please? Also I'm not familiar with dmcampbell's kit. What is that? Got a link?

TIA
Old 10-01-2013, 01:54 PM
BoostBuggy
Pro

DUH!!! I didn't even see the post from dmcampbell. I don't know how I missed that. I have looked at his suggestion. Sounds like another possible good option for a reasonable price. I'll let ya know what I end up doing...
Old 10-01-2013, 02:53 PM
NM'87 951
Racer

Originally Posted by dmcampbell
Best kit out there IMO - http://hiperformancestore.com/porsche.htm. Put this kit on 4 years ago, very complete and very high quality. Mike
Darn, wish I had seen that before i ordered my other kit. Looks like it's a good replacement for everything under the hood.

I went the lindsey racing route for all my lines, so i could get them in color. I would recommend getting the air/oil separator hoses too (aos hoses) when you do the vacuum lines. If you haven't ever replaced them, or are doing the venturi delete, you will need them.

also if never replaced, I would be ready to order the 'fuel enrichment valve' and a idle control valve, just in case they are shot. My ICV was fine, but the other valve needed replaced, so the car sits apart waiting for parts.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:07 PM
BoostBuggy
Pro

@NM'87 951 Thx for your thoughts on the AOS and the valves. Good to be aware of these items so I can have everything I need ready to go and only need to tear this thing down once.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:12 PM
NM'87 951
Racer

Originally Posted by BoostBuggy
@NM'87 951 Thx for your thoughts on the AOS and the valves. Good to be aware of these items so I can have everything I need ready to go and only need to tear this thing down once.
on that note, may be someone can give us the different sizes of vacuum hose (the kits come with 1/8th, or 8mm, hose and half inch molded pieces) that you can run down there, so you can pick up some length of a few different diameter hoses. Makes running everything nice and clean and easy.

And you will need hose clamps and t connectors (and some 90* connectors too), especially if you go with the venturi delete, because there is a large hose that runs from the intake to the brake booster and the diagrams for most writeups/directions say to splice it. Since that hose is larger than the hose that is being t'd in, you will need a special t connector that has a 1/2in (19mm) inline with a 1/8in (8mm) nipple.

Oh, and be prepared to do a lot of staring at your engine if you have to wait for parts...

Last edited by NM'87 951; 10-01-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:33 PM
dmcampbell
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Installed w/ Laust vacuum manifold. Mike
Attached Images   
Old 10-01-2013, 06:08 PM
BoostBuggy
Pro

The plan is to have received everything I need in advance before tearing into this project. We'll see how well that plan works out :-)

dmcampbell - Thx for the photos as to the vacuum manifold. Too bad it seems they are no longer available. But it does seem there are many options for something similar with many universal vacuum manifolds available out there.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:18 PM
Ronin-951
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since you seem to like the LR stuff, add in the Crush Washers. Their a 'one time use' item and most likely will be disturbed as you wrestle hardware around the Bay. Small leaks add up.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:20 PM
BoostBuggy
Pro

Crush Washers for what? Am I missing something?
Old 10-03-2013, 04:23 PM
BoostBuggy
Pro

FWIW I wouldn't say I'm particularly LR biased. I do shop around for what appears to be the best solution with the great value. It's not always about just the actual price, it's about value. And there are situations where I perceive LR to give the best value. But that's certainly not all the time. Some of their stuff seems ridiculously over-priced. That said it also could be I'm simply not understanding the value of that particular item.
Old 10-03-2013, 05:06 PM
NM'87 951
Racer

Originally Posted by Ronin-951
Since you seem to like the LR stuff, add in the Crush Washers. Their a 'one time use' item and most likely will be disturbed as you wrestle hardware around the Bay. Small leaks add up.
Now that i'm delayed for parts, i'm wondering too... what crush washers are you referring too? I dont' remember taking any of those off, but the PO might have not replaced them when they did any of the work they did.

Quick Reply: Replacing Vacuum Hoses - Good source?