Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

looking for Yukari

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2013 | 09:54 PM
rufrob
Three Wheelin'

Received 345 Likes on 220 Posts
Default looking for Yukari

Looking for a 1988 951 burgundy on black leather interior, no sunroof, sold from Japan to either Saskachewan or Regina can`t remember.
I miss that car and lost contact with the buyer.
So let me know if anyone has seen her.
Old 06-13-2013 | 11:25 PM
Reimu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck
In my experience half the time when you see what the new owner did to the car you wish you never looked for it to begin with...
Old 06-14-2013 | 01:07 AM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Regina is in Saskatchewan Saskatchewan is the Province. I'll do some research for you and see what I can find. There aren't many left in Western Canada. I'm guessing you meant Saskatoon.
Old 06-17-2013 | 07:48 PM
rufrob
Three Wheelin'

its probably Regina. I will have to dig into some old documents. Everyone warned me I would regret selling her, but I bought a 930 as well and couldnt justify 2 turbo Porsches. Then i bought a blk 951 and planned to sell it but in the background of the ebay listing was my burgundy baby, and the buyer instantly wanted it. He too said he bought back one of his old cars once and promised to keep in touch. pre-Lehman, 944s and 928 were dirty cheap and plentiful here in Japan. Now they are either crazy expensive or basketcases. The 930 is an awesome piece of kit, the 928S4 has gravitas, W210 E55 wagon is the highway queen and best daily driver, but the 951 is the wonderful balance of great handling, easy driving, 4 banger gas mileage, some practicality and when tuned properly scary performances. Mine was chipped, with adjustable fuel pressure regular, Koni yellow adjustables all four corners, 3inch exhaust from the manifold, 2 mufflers, no cats, and Boxster turbo twist style 17in wheels. I was amateur street tyre division champion for 3 years in that car and placed even in S tyre class. Then again I am preaching to the choir here.
Where ever you are baby, daddy loves you!!!
Old 06-22-2013 | 05:58 PM
beamishnz
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Hi Rufrob. Just stumbled upon this tread whilst trying to research Japanese 944's. I have a very tidy low km Japanese alpine white S2 that was optioned air con & sun roof delete and arrived with a very nice original Nakachimi CD 45-z CD receiver which must have been state of the art at the time. It has tidy black Porsche script interior. Option sticker is messing from the boot well, but I'm slowly bring it up to M030 specification.

Do you know if an any S2 ClubSport spec cars ever made it to Japan in the early 90's. Like the 7 that went to USA in Turbo Cup spec but with the S2 motor?

I'm interested in any info on the 944's racing in Japan back in the early 90's as background to the improvements I'm planning for my car.
Old 07-09-2013 | 10:04 PM
rufrob
Three Wheelin'

Sorry I dont know much about 944 racing in Japan in the 90s. I arrived here in 1999. Your car sounds very familiar. I sold such a car in Toronto around 2004. It was crazy fast. It had so much torque it would spin tires if I accelerated too hard. When I bought it in Tokyo it was setup like a track car, racing seats, 17in Turbo Twist wheels, crazy big exhaust, cut front springs, etc. I civilized it. I think it was chipped, but I didn`t compare it to another S2 so I wouldnt know. I liked that car but loved my 951.
Old 07-13-2013 | 09:18 PM
wpgcrazy
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hi

Hi Rob

Sent you a PM, but not sure you got it or saw it. I was the person you sold her to. And I also lost your contact info in an older comp.

Send me an email at dabrough @ gmail dot com and I will tell you how she is doing at present.

David
Old 07-25-2013 | 05:06 PM
beamishnz
Rennlist Member

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

My S2 is in New Zealand and I'm pretty sure it came direct from Japan not via Toronto

It was pretty stock but is slowly acquiring a few performance parts to suit DE outings. It seems quite a lot of the S2's imported from Japan are sunroof and AC delete which is interesting. A nice start for a car if you want to stretch its legs one in a while on the track.

Originally Posted by rufrob
Sorry I dont know much about 944 racing in Japan in the 90s. I arrived here in 1999. Your car sounds very familiar. I sold such a car in Toronto around 2004. It was crazy fast. It had so much torque it would spin tires if I accelerated too hard. When I bought it in Tokyo it was setup like a track car, racing seats, 17in Turbo Twist wheels, crazy big exhaust, cut front springs, etc. I civilized it. I think it was chipped, but I didn`t compare it to another S2 so I wouldnt know. I liked that car but loved my 951.
Old 07-31-2013 | 10:06 PM
rufrob
Three Wheelin'

Hey. I got you PM and replied. Might want to check your junk mail folder.

Quick Reply: looking for Yukari