Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive
View Poll Results: how big is your mouth?
I have a big mouth
17.39%
I speak when spoken to
67.39%
I've glued it shut
15.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Attn modded 951 owners.

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 02:57 AM
95ONE
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, try explaining that you drive an Acura NSX. NO ONE ever gets it. They always thought Integra. LOL. So I always just said I drove an Acura. nothing more.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:45 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Cyberpunky
To another car enthusiast I'll talk about my car but when I am talking to a customer(I'm a car salesman), and they ask what I drive, I just say it's an old 4 cylinder
People freak when they realise it's a little (large) 4 pot

Originally Posted by 95ONE
yeah, try explaining that you drive an Acura NSX. NO ONE ever gets it. They always thought Integra. LOL. So I always just said I drove an Acura. nothing more.
Love the NSX! how can people not know what it is.
Old 12-24-2012, 07:59 AM
Dubai944
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Mines got a cam in it.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:04 AM
Crackership
Rennlist Member

Not that this is indicative of NSX owners as a whole, but I once had a spiky-haired-popped-collar-shirt-guy in an NSX tell me that the Japanese pronounced Acura "A-kooo-Ra" (in his absolute best Samurai voice - and in all seriousness). I told him that my Japanese accent wasn't as good as his, but I was pretty sure they pronounced it "Honda"... But, I was sure to tell him that I was certain that the Japanese pronounced Lexus "Rexus"

The NSX is a beautiful car (although a bit overpriced, IMO), and I'm sure they're a blast to drive... but that guy...
Old 12-24-2012, 12:27 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by Crackership
Not that this is indicative of NSX owners as a whole, but I once had a spiky-haired-popped-collar-shirt-guy in an NSX tell me that the Japanese pronounced Acura "A-kooo-Ra" (in his absolute best Samurai voice - and in all seriousness). I told him that my Japanese accent wasn't as good as his, but I was pretty sure they pronounced it "Honda"... But, I was sure to tell him that I was certain that the Japanese pronounced Lexus "Rexus"

The NSX is a beautiful car (although a bit overpriced, IMO), and I'm sure they're a blast to drive... but that guy...
HA! I found many that owned those cars were much the same. They kept it real purty too. I just drove the hell out of the thing. The cars talents were wasted on 90% of the owners in my opinion.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:53 PM
Crackership
Rennlist Member

HA! I found many that owned those cars were much the same. They kept it real purty too. I just drove the hell out of the thing. The cars talents were wasted on 90% of the owners in my opinion.
I think it's kinda like the 911 in a lot of respects... Nice car, wasted on a large majority of their owners.

There is one that I see regularly nearby in Redmond that the guy clearly drives more than he washes, which I respect. On the other hand, his license plate says "PWN"... Not that an NSX is slow, but that's brave in Redmond... E92 M3's are as commonplace here as Honda Civics are in most of the country... 997 Turbos are very common, and it's not at all uncommon to see the occasional LFA, Koenigsegg or Veyron out and about...
Old 12-24-2012, 07:50 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Oh no.. You may certainly say the NSX is slow. Because they are anywhere other than a very twisty track.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:31 PM
EliteThink
Pro

Originally Posted by Crackership

we just need more at exotics at redmond town center !!.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:50 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by CyCloNe!
sounds dirty
LOL!
Old 12-25-2012, 03:17 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

When they hear it running, they always want to know. If they see me on the street, and I blow I 4X6 fire bomb out of the exhaust between shifts, they have no chance of catching me to ask.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:11 PM
blown 944
Race Car

Hmm I have the opposite situation. They all assume that they're all as fast as mine. I suppose it'd be different if I were playing on the street. At a car show I just say "it runs ok".

When I go to the local spots I hear quite a few comments on them seeing me at the track. I've tried to get some races going, but no dice, they all know the car and won't bite.
Old 12-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

I don't say much.....until after the track session and the people stop by in the pits and ask "how'd you do that?".....

Quick Reply: Attn modded 951 owners.