Received 28 Likes on 17 Posts

A little frustrated here :sigh:
Attached Images  
Old 12-12-2012, 04:53 PM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

I have NO freakin' idea why these are all upside down! Frikkin' iPad!
Old 12-12-2012, 05:04 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 104 Posts

Looks like a legit Canadian Silverrose. The VIN is the same as mine except it ends with 9 and mine ends with 2.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:37 PM
jss
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I need to step in now to address a few issues on the car. I share this account with my friend. and we are both fans of porsche cars.
this car is owned by me. wooot lol. I don't have it listed on here but it is forsale thru kijiji. I am currently having a little storage problem which is why I have her up for sale.

questions about car can be sent thru PM instead of guessing answers on here.

this car is a 1988 944 turbo S. real silver rose and canadian car.
dead giveaway that its a silver rose is that the colour under carpets etc is silver rose, fenders are all rolled just as a true S car, frame rails yes they have the added supports. The car has been painted in the past not by me.
also in regards to interior. The front seats were replaced with the ones you currently see.
Steering wheel is the one I got with car and not original. Shifter **** was aftermarket so I tossed that out and got some random oem one to replace it with.

motor itself is just like I got it. no mods etc. (does have rebuilt head/water pump/belts)

as to my ad "not" stating as a "turbo s". well thats because the proper 928s4 brakes have been removed and replaced with regular 951 brakes. same with transmission. which means no AOR transmission . . My thinking is that since it is missing some of the gear which makes it a turbo S. I didn't think it was fair to call it a turbo S.. hense why its listed as a 944 turbo. I didn't want to be misleading.

she does have oem koni gear. which is easy to spot.
as to some calling car rough condition. well lets just say if it was in mint condition and with all M758 options this would be listed for 16000. but since it needs work etc price reflects this. I am here to be honest so if you have question ask away thru PM.

I should also mention a big thank you to Michelle for taking time to see the car for a member who was going to give a deposit.
she is a true car guy (lady)

Last edited by jss; 12-12-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:30 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by jss

as to my ad "not" stating it as a "turbo s". well thats because the proper 928s4 gear has been removed and replaced with regular 951 brakes. same with transmission. which means no AOR transmission . . My thinking is that since it is missing some of the gear which makes it a turbo S. I didn't think it was fair to call it a turbo S.. hense why its listed as a 944 turbo. I didn't want to be misleading.
Are there adapters for the brakes, or are the spindles non-m030 as well?
Old 12-12-2012, 08:08 PM
jss
Pro

my research says adapter are used when going from 951 to 951s brakes not vise versa. but I could be wrong.

these are complete 951 brakes.spindals/flex lines
Old 12-13-2012, 12:23 AM
MichelleJD
Jane Bond 007
Lifetime Rennlist

Although the car was not a pristine example, I think the seller has priced it fairly for what it is. He has been honest about the car to a fault. This is not the car for someone that is looking for a perfect example, but if you're willing to turn your own wrenches, I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger on it.
Old 12-13-2012, 12:44 AM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 541 Likes on 408 Posts

Originally Posted by Snugglepush
Hey Guys,

Here are the option codes for that Vehicle.

A27 c36 f35 220 418 288 685 758 990

Notice the 220 for LSD and the 758 for the Turbo S. Honestly, the seller is a little clueless about this car. He bought it last year and now wants to get rid of it. If you're looking for something as your first 951, you might want to pass on this because after the pics/vid that Michelle kindly sent me, there's some work to be done. 6k$ is a bargain price for a 951 but it's hard to tell when there's no history of maintenance on the vehicle and well it's suspicious enough that he had to repaint the color to Silver Rose...

Anyways, I was the first buyer who was interested. I'm going to pass on this one because of the strict importation rules we have here in Quebec.... Keep us updated to whoever that will pick up this jewel! Michelle has the pics/vids and she saw the car personally today for me so she's your best shot to know the car better Thanks again Michelle!
what are these "strict importation rules for Quebec"? I have never heard this. Also kind of ironic considering some suspicious cars exported from Quebec
Old 12-13-2012, 01:53 AM
jss
Pro

I dont think "strict importation rules for Quebec" is the problem he is waiting more so to sell his current car to have money to buy next. (good thing I didn't take your deposit eh)
anyhow he said he wanted it and now not interested so time to move on. no harm done.

if anyone has question feel free to PM me will try my best to reply asap
if not sold well I guess Michelle can have for 50 bucks
Old 12-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Snugglepush
Advanced

Well the importation rules to Quebec was one of the factors I didn't want to pick up the car.... But there are other factors too...

Here's my thought process:

1) I would have to first get it approved mechanically by the SAAQ (the DMV of Quebec). Their inspection is rigorous because they will fail you for something really silly such as windshield liquid detergent.... or cracked flashers (even thought they still flash, they want you to replace it....) So a majority of these cars fail the first try (150$ /inspection) and then they have 48 hours to fix it. If they fail to do so, the car can't be registered for a sustained period. Your ding on the windshield and the alignment will be checked right away too...

So considering something silly like that, imagine all the leakages I would have to resolve on your car before getting it approved. Funny thing is that you don't even know where they come from, you said something broad as engine bay... On top of that, the fact that you don't want me to do a PPI is what really killed the deal. It's always suspicious when a PPI is refused right away. The fact that it isn't insured isn't a problem, you can get in insured for a day to bring it to the garage and trail it with a uhaul trailer if you really wanted to do a PPI, just let the interested pay for all of that...

2)And then after that, you sold the orignal wheels and the tires currently on it are completely finished. No way I could drive the car back a 6 hours trip so I would need to trail it back. that's around 800$ if I go with UHAUL and about 1000$ if I make a private company do it for me. I would of opted for the 1000$ but I need to be there to establish the transfer of ownership. The trailing company can't take any responsibilities on my part, I called the SAAQ to ask. And then to pass the first inspection

3)Any vehicle of 25 years old has to go through a second inspection... Which is another 100$. This one is to see if you have a cat. and emissions are acceptable. There's a reason why you don't see much imported tuners/cars in Quebec, it's way too much of a hassle.

4) For insurances, I can only get it insured for Civil liability. Theft, Fire and etc are not insured right away. I have to go through another inspection for that type of insurance...

5)In less than a week, I won't be able to bring the car anywhere because by the 15th of December, all vehicles must have Winter Tires equipped to be able to move around town. So goodbye all works that needs to be done prior to the inspections. I needed more time to get wheels changed, to repair the windshield, to fix the alignment and to find the sources of the leakages. And these are the only problems that you told me, it's possible you had forgotten to tell me something.

6)When I import your car to Quebec, I will still have to pay the TVQ tax. That's 9.5% of the vehicle. which is just extra expenses for no ridiculous reason. Government steals our money too easily.

7) Michelle knows a lot about the 951s. Nevertheless, God Forbid if something goes wrong, I can't blame it on her, I would have to take full responsibility since she's only doing me a favor. And thanks again btw Michelle for taking a look for me.

All in all, after calculating the expenses, 6k$ is a real good deal. but for me, I'd have to add an instant 2-3k right away considering that I do everything legally.

My deposit was ready, if I couldn't pay 6k right away, what I am doing looking to purchase a new car? It's just that I wanted to prevent withdrawing from my TFSA and mutual funds. and I need an extra storage space for that vehicle for the winter :/ That's why selling my Old Benz E-180 was an easy 2-3k and a slot will be open for storage.

Finally, you told me on that day that 2 other rennlisters were interested. I replied to you that it was fine with me and that I wasn't in a rush so the other could take the offer.

No harm to be done here, I'm just explaining my thought process... Maybe I used the wrong word : Strict.. .Instead of strict, consider it more of a hassle and a burden. But guys, this car is still a jewel to pick up so whoever buys it, please keep us updated

Good luck with the sale
Old 12-13-2012, 01:20 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 541 Likes on 408 Posts

Snuggle push if you want a set of 17" boxter wheels (twists) with good snow tires I have a set I would sell for $700 (wheels have some scratches)
Old 12-13-2012, 02:24 PM
Snugglepush
Advanced

Thanks for the offer but I don't need winter tires. I'm actually looking for 225/50/ZR16 front tires. Not sure if you have those, let me know

Quick Reply: No Affiliation: $6k Silver Rose in Toronto area