Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

T04B Install Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2012, 01:36 AM
CyCloNe!
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

The bolt is locked in there firm, wouldn't even budge a mm. Every time I get a wrench on it the wrench hold then rolls off. It's the only bolt I need off everything else is unhooked.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:40 AM
CyCloNe!
Rennlist Member

I started grinding it down with a dremel, a very slow long process. I tried a cutting wheel bit for the dremel and can't get the right angle so the grinding stone is my only hope. I'm grinding the side with the welded nut, figure that may be the best side.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:40 PM
White_951
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CyCloNe!
I started grinding it down with a dremel, a very slow long process. I tried a cutting wheel bit for the dremel and can't get the right angle so the grinding stone is my only hope. I'm grinding the side with the welded nut, figure that may be the best side.
I'm sure it's a nightmare....I had to have help from a neighbor, holding the box end on the bolt while I took a 3 foot cheater pipe to it from underneath...I highly recommend you find a 3 piece crossover for reassembly, allowing you to assemble both turbo pipes to the turbo before inserting the whole thing down the hole and onto the pedestal....
Old 10-19-2012, 01:21 PM
CyCloNe!
Rennlist Member

Ya, I'm actually tempted to just cut the crossover and then slide an coupler pipe and clamps and weld a v-band flange down the road. I almost got the bolt cut out but I'm like a mm to short and I have nothing that can get that last nudge, even went to hardware stores and can't find anything. I've been using a dremel with a 90 angle attachment, had to cut into the flage some but I need a larger disc for hit but they don't seem to make one large enough.
Old 10-19-2012, 05:57 PM
CyCloNe!
Rennlist Member

Well I work in auto parts and a guy I talk to regularly works on corvettes for his bosses at a storage place was nice enough to come to my townhouse with a cutoff tourch and remove that bolt for me. I have spent close to 10hrs and 100bucks on tools to try and get that bolt off, he did it in 3min

Ok everything is disconnected but the down pipe isn't free, the bolt are all off it and the studs come through the bottom of the exhaust so I get need to tap it out I think? Let me know if that's correct.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:52 PM
numbskull
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

That must have been a hassle. I thought the turbo comes out with the short downpipe still attached, at least that's what I remember from doing that job 8 years ago.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:49 AM
CyCloNe!
Rennlist Member

^ ya its does, thats the downpipe I'm referring to that may need a few taps to free. I'm so glad that the one bolt is cut off, so hopefully in the morning I'll get a lot done. The turbo I have is oil cooled, so I have the pleasure of taking out all those water pipes and turbo aux water pump. Also with the intake mani off I replaced the AOS hose that was all nasty and split and found some vac leaks in the process.

Quick Reply: T04B Install Question