Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Godzilla Bov question

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 08:33 PM
badcoupe
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

here's a dirty/shamefull pic of my blowthru setup. My tubes look a bit different because I'm running a big frontmount.
Attached Images  
Old 09-16-2012, 09:51 PM
shortyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 25 Posts

Bad coupe, I'm interested in this setup, we're there any changes to the vitesse system or did you just move the maf sensor?
Old 09-16-2012, 09:57 PM
eric951turbo
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by badcoupe
here's a dirty/shamefull pic of my blowthru setup. My tubes look a bit different because I'm running a big frontmount.
now you got me more lost!
Old 09-16-2012, 10:36 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 87 Likes on 50 Posts

maybe the reason of your problem is that you got a Godzuki instead of the Godzilla
Attached Images   
Old 09-16-2012, 11:41 PM
badcoupe
Three Wheelin'

I made a custom mount for the sensor to center the element in the tube. Some small changes were made on the smt-6 to dial in the AF's. I occasionally need to clean the element as there is a bit of oil residue in the pipes. Nothing big a small shot of brake clean to clean it off. Works very well and my AF are good across the board. I'm running a custom header 2.5" crossover to a 60-1 hifi with a v-band outlet true 3" downpipe, I fabricated it all myself. I went full t3 turbo about 7 years ago and made the header etc then. I've been on a big frontmount IC for 5 years, a bit ahead of most of us. Unfortunately the car hasn't been driven in almost 2 years, stripped awaiting paint plus I'm enjoying my 968!
Old 09-17-2012, 12:15 AM
Dr. Dynamics
Pro

Just out of curiosity...how are your vacuum lines? If they havent been looked at for some time or never, that could be adding up with the bov leak. Probably if the only leak was the bov the leak and hesitation would be less severe
Old 09-17-2012, 10:49 PM
eric951turbo
Burning Brakes

Hey guys,

I finally found a way to hook the bov back to the maf pipe without any welding. The hose in between goes under the maf pipe and back to bov. That was pretty much the only space I had left. I did the job with ordinary plumbing suppling from the hardware store and some bit and pieces I had left from tuning jobs. Maybe one day I could bring my system to a welder, but I'll live with it for a while.

There was absolutly no problem with the bov. The sound is great. A bit like my forge, but with a ''flag flapping in heavy wind'' sound.

I would like to thank Jim (lejams) for his support after his sell. He didn't have to, but he helped me all the way. Thanks Jim.

BTW dr. dynamics, my vacuum lines are fine.

It's true, with all the post I read in the last 3 days, that running atmospherically a 944 turbo without a map system will run like crap. If your like me, who wants a steady idle, who need to plug hat bov back in the maf pipe.

Next winter project: My intake looks like crap now with these beautiful pipes, I'll take it off, remove all the paint crap, and polish them.

thanks all for your help.

Last edited by eric951turbo; 09-03-2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:05 PM
eric951turbo
Burning Brakes

also, ''yes'' everything looks dirty. Somebody as hit my right side wing months ago, my insurrance paid, went to this shop, and did the sanding with my hood open.

I have an appointememnt tomorrow at 8 so that they will clean my engine bay (for free), with some products and air pressure.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:19 PM
Dougs951
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats dirty?

Makes mine look like a well used offroader ha.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:37 PM
eric951turbo
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Dougs951
Thats dirty?

Makes mine look like a well used offroader ha.
For me, yep it's dirty. Everything that's suppose to black is grey. I tried cleaning all the crap away with engine cleaner, and everything as stained.

I been and working hard on this car, I don't accept gettting my car back from the body shop, with the engine bay covered in primer dust.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:35 AM
Naplesguy06
Racer

Default Godzilla vs. Godzuki

Luis, every time I see your post I LMAO too funny.
Old 11-24-2015, 12:48 AM
Naplesguy06
Racer

Default Godzilla BOV

This is the correct MAF tree to recycle the boost into the MAF stream when the TB plate closes. I don't know why some people believe that the piston is supposed to be partially open on this on low throttle, the job is for this to open only at your set limit, it's adjustable and if you set the spring to 18 psi it opens at 18 psi and opens quickly. The long pshhhhhh sound is a bad thing this means it's opening s l o w e l y, you want a fast crisp PSH this this means it released the air quickly.The spring in mine is very stiff, requires a lot of push to get the piston to move, I had to back it out a few turns so you have to adjust them but they work great. People who say the Tial 50 mm is faster might not have actually owned Godzilla. It's big but it looks like it means business like a chrome colt .45
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Godzilla Bov question