Vitesse MAF

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 10:43 AM
Ryan_U
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vitesse MAF

Hi,

The car I am about to buy has a Vitesse Racing: MAF, MAP sensor, Chips, V-Flex software, Vitesse Piggyback/laptop programmable, Vitesse electronic boost controller and 83lb injectors but I'd prefer the Rogue MAF. I am looking at selling Vitesse MAF and have no clue how much I could get out of it. The system has about 5k miles on it and it is very clean... I don't have any pics yet but I'm just trying to budget how much the swap will cost me. Does anybody know how much they go for in this condidtion?

Thanks,

Ryan
Old 08-29-2012, 11:52 AM
86 951 Driver
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are you trying to accomplish? I'm sure you could sell the Vitesse setup for about what it would cost to buy the rogue setup.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:55 AM
carlege
Drifting

Originally Posted by 86 951 Driver
What are you trying to accomplish? I'm sure you could sell the Vitesse setup for about what it would cost to buy the rogue setup.
i doubt that. Used, no installation support. are the instructions included?
Old 08-29-2012, 11:59 AM
sparkyman215
Instructor

You should be able to sell the setup for a bit less than what it will cost for the M-tune. But like above I would like to ask what you are trying to accomplish. Both setups are very similar and if you have one already in a car, it is a decent amount of work to switch them. I know I personally would not want to go through and undo all of the wiring from the piggyback unless there were problems with the current setup.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:01 PM
eric951turbo
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Ryan, your in Mtl??? Have you owned a 944 before?

May I ask ''why'' your planning on selling your Vitesse Kit? Specially that you will have everything with it, and almost new.

I'm asking because you will have an excellent set-up. I'm very satisfied with mine.

I've been looking at prices on Rennlist for the past 4 years, and I'm sure you won't get a little bit more than half the original selling price.

Too bad I already have the kit : )
Old 08-29-2012, 12:08 PM
eric951turbo
Burning Brakes

I'm also curious to know who's car your buying
Good luck and congrats on your new car!
Old 08-29-2012, 12:34 PM
Ryan_U
Racer

The only reason I am asking is because I like the idea of the Rogue MAF and its 3d mapping better than a piggy back system but if the Vitesse MAF works well than I might keep it. It's just that I beleive that with the Vitesse MAF it has to have been configured and tested on a DYNO to get the best results or else it might actually hurt the engine. Am I right? Could be just an idea I have that isn't founded. I don't want to say who's car I am buying just yet because I don't want to jinx it... but it has a lot of the mods that I had "planned" of doing on my 944. The only thing that was different then my wish list was the Vitesse MAF instead of the Rogue MAF... I ownded a stock 944 turbo in 2001-02 and was really impressed with the power and handling then.... I can only imagine a nicely modded one... I will definitately be active in the Montreal Porsche scene....
Old 08-29-2012, 12:34 PM
brrgrr
Racer

Both Rogue and Vitesse are very good by all accounts. I don't see the value in switching. Lot's of work and $ for very little tangible difference.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:44 PM
carlege
Drifting

Originally Posted by Ryan_U
The only reason I am asking is because I like the idea of the Rogue MAF and its 3d mapping better than a piggy back system but if the Vitesse MAF works well than I might keep it. It's just that I beleive that with the Vitesse MAF it has to have been configured and tested on a DYNO to get the best results or else it might actually hurt the engine. Am I right? Could be just an idea I have that isn't founded. I don't want to say who's car I am buying just yet because I don't want to jinx it... but it has a lot of the mods that I had "planned" of doing on my 944. The only thing that was different then my wish list was the Vitesse MAF instead of the Rogue MAF... I ownded a stock 944 turbo in 2001-02 and was really impressed with the power and handling then.... I can only imagine a nicely modded one... I will definitately be active in the Montreal Porsche scene....
You bought JoshB old car
Old 08-29-2012, 12:54 PM
eric951turbo
Burning Brakes

I've put my car on the dyno 3 weeks ago to try to find a problem. I adjusted at 15 psi by myself on the street, before putting it on the dyno. On the dyno, the reading was 15.5psi, so I was pretty close. If you put the Petro Canada 94oct in, the engine should be ok, meaning ''safe'' all the way up to 16psi I believe.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:42 PM
Ryan_U
Racer

Originally Posted by carlege
You bought JoshB old car
No, it isn't JoshB's car... I think that was a 3L. and a little over my price range.... Ok whom am I kidding... it was a lot over my price range...
Old 08-29-2012, 02:11 PM
ausgeflippt951
Rennlist Member

I'll echo what others have said: unless there's a problem with the Vitesse setup, don't bother with the hassle.

Yes, the Rogue setup's 3d mapping is really cool, but you won't see much benefit, if any, assuming the Vitesse is working properly and you aren't planning on doing anything outrageous.

Hell, I've got a Vitesse St 3 that is about 5-6 years old -- dinosaur electronics by today's standards. In the 5 or so years I've owned the car, it has been DEAD NUTS reliable (crap, now I've just jinxed myself) and have had zero problems. What's more, I've driven a number of 944/951's over the years with various setups and my car runs CONSISTENTLY at least as well as anything with newer technology. That's both on the racetrack and on the street.

You've got yourself a solid setup there, sir. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:45 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Sold a comparable Vitesse setup along with an engine harness and spare DME/KLR for $1100 recently. I would expect to hold onto it for a few months to find a buyer.

I agree with what some have said (who actually have experience in this matter) that it really might not be worth swapping. If the car is running right and the tune is dialed in already i would just leave it be. You are going to have to cut out a handful of wires from the engine harness from the piggyback, injector resistors, then you are basically installing probably the same exact MAP sensor and harness over again.

I have driven two Rouge MAF equipped cars and can say i dont think you will notice any difference between a Vitesse MAF equipped car.
Old 08-29-2012, 02:59 PM
blown 944
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'd have to agree and I'm a huge supporter of the Rogue tuning products. The only reason I could see changing is if you are planning on using the self tuning software or data logging that is soon to be released. Most people wouldn't notice the difference. Both products are solid.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:45 PM
shortyboy
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

and for those who think John does not support used products, he has helped me wire up/install/troubleshoot the first ever wasted spark kit vitesse created ( the kit from special tool). as for reliability on his products, that prototype wasted spark kit is 10years old and is working properly.

Quick Reply: Vitesse MAF