Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

LR loses another customer

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 06:05 PM
chris951
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

BTW I'm not cheap, I've spent over $700 on ignition parts on my 964 in the last two weeks. About 5 years ago I bought some LR camber plates that. Had a bunch of play in the spherical bearing. Mike and Dave tried to help, I ended up having to buy 2 new strut inserts.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:28 PM
400hp944
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TonyG
FWIW... in 5 years of racing a V8 951, I've broken all of 2 transmissions and a hollow Motorsport axle rated at 60 hours. There has been nothing else broken that can be attributed to the V8, and the axle was long over due.

On the other hand... I've had 0 blown head gaskets, 0 engine oil leaks, 0 powersteering leaks, no mixed oil and coolant, no scored cylinder walls, no exhaust leaks, no cracked headers, no boost issues, no detonation issues, have only used 91 pump gas (no race fuel), no water/meth injection, no a/f ratio monitoring, nothing.

My reliability rate with the LS engine has gone from <50% to over 90%.

TonyG
True. Can't argue with that!

Let's see, for the past 3 years of track duty I have had:
0 head gaskets (cometic only!)
countless oil leaks
0 mixing oil/coolant
perfect cylinder walls on my sleeved 2.7ltr
0 exhaust/header/boost issues
0 detonation issues running 100 octane and Vitesse

1 failed timing belt tensioner resulting in $3000 in head work
blown shocks
CV boot issues - solved with a trans brace
1 failed alternator

Not too bad I guess

Other than that it's been great!!!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:37 PM
Ben951S
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They don't respond to my emails. And I am trying to buy things. Lame.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:52 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've never had good luck with cometic gaskets. They always leaked a little. Either with stock studs or aftermarket. No real difference. And I guess if you sleeve the engine, the cylinders will live, assuming that you don't have a sleeve that moves. Been there, done that. Many many times.

I'm glad you've had good luck. You're the only person I know that has (that was seriously racing).

Knock on wood...

TonyG

Originally Posted by 400hp944
True. Can't argue with that!

Let's see, for the past 3 years of track duty I have had:
0 head gaskets (cometic only!)
countless oil leaks
0 mixing oil/coolant
perfect cylinder walls on my sleeved 2.7ltr
0 exhaust/header/boost issues
0 detonation issues running 100 octane and Vitesse

1 failed timing belt tensioner resulting in $3000 in head work
blown shocks
CV boot issues - solved with a trans brace
1 failed alternator

Not too bad I guess

Other than that it's been great!!!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:55 PM
john durdin
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They have always been good to me, I would give them another chance . John
Old 07-30-2012, 01:45 PM
Mike Lindsey
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by chris951
Today I got a bill and a phone car from Lindsey Racing a month and a half after ordering a bunch of parts. I ordered the breather can and after they called me and told me I had to upgrade to the 1'' hose, I said ok. I received the parts, mediocre quality. The 1'' AO hose is a big pain to install. My engine project didn't work out and I'm parting my 951 out (Junk Engine from DC AUTO).

Today I was called the told that I owe LR $20 for the 1" upgrade, I guess it is my fault they can't keep their books straight or their customer service. 2 months ago, I ordered new pressure plate/clutch/flywheel hardware and had a counterfeit bolt break off in my flywheel from LR. They tried to say that this never happens and instead of sending me a new set of bolts, they sent one.

Years ago I bought a set of camber plates and had issues with cheap hardware, play in the bearings with no help. I was going to buy another 951, but not now.

Pelican Parts and Paragon have always been there for me with great customer service, and great quality parts.

For $20,LR has lost another customer.

-Chris G.
Chris,

Every once in a while we have to tell our side of the story and correct the record. Here is what happend Chris regarding your $20.

Your bunch of parts on your order was the mentioned breather tank kit and intake manifold gaskets. Nothing else.

When you placed the order on the web site for your breather tank, for some reason the web site did not ask you if you wanted the 1" upgrade or not. It should have. Normally you cannot complete the transaction unless you specify that. That was due to some site or server problem we were seeing a few of at that time that we don't know what was causing it. So we gave you a courtesy call and explained that to you and asked if you wanted the 1" upgrade or not since from our view the site didn't ask you. That saves you calling us later asking where it was if you thought you were going to get it but didn't. Or since we wern't sure if the site was telling you you were getting it, but not telling us, the order would of been incorrect. Again, we wern't sure what was happening and in these situations we would call the customer and get the order straight. You were told it was a $20 upcharge if you wanted it and you said yes you did and you agreed to the order change. So we adjusted you parts and sent it out as you requested.

Yes, the 1" upgrade does require extra work which we show how in detail with pictures in our Tech Garage. If you were not famailar with the extra work or steps required, we could of explained to you the amount of work. Had you asked.

Problem came in where the web order you placed and the amount it showed us to charge you didn't include the $20 worth of additional parts you said you wanted over the telephone conversation after the fact.

So recently our accounting person caught the error while doing her job. We forgot to charge you and we simply called and asked if that would be OK to charge you now. You said OK. You could of said no. We don't charge credit cards for non authorized purchases so we needed your blessing. That keeps everybody in good graces with the credit card company.

Yes, it was only $20. But it could of been $200 and we would of done the same thing. After you had OK'd us to charge you, but we hadn't yet, we get a email saying your going to bring a lawyer into this if we charge you the $20.

We haven't charged you and we won't charge you. Had the tables been turned and we overcharged you $20, you would expect a refund had you caught it a month later and we would expect to refund you no questions asked. It's a two way street when you're in a relationship with a customer. At least that's
how it should be and what we try for.

It's unfortunate that you feel the need to discontinue our business relationship because we "in effect" gave you 45 days to pay the $20 and when we tried to collect you didn't want to pay. The reason it took us that long to catch the error is that we have been in the middle of the busiest year we have ever had.
That's why this is probably our first or second post here in 6 months. Mike and Dave don't have time to waiste chasing down someone for $20 and we would of probably blown it off, but the office clerk was just trying to do her job. They are intrusted by us to watch out for our monies coming in and out, no matter the amount. And your money had that been the case and we owed you. If you had employees, you would expect them to do the same when it came to your money they are watching over.

We have never seen a flywheel bolt break off unless improperly torqued. Yes, you really are the only person we have ever seen that happen to. Yes, that's the only flywheel bolt we have ever replaced. You asked for a replacement bolt, and we gladly and quickly sent you a replacement bolt. If you felt you needed 8 more, all you would of had to do is ask us for 8 more. We don't think any of them are deffective but it's possible as in anything else manufactured.

Should you change your mind and decide you would like to purchase again from us once you realize how silly this really is, you're welcome to.

Good luck and we hope you enjoy your 951.
Other 1-405-947-0137

Last edited by Mike Lindsey; 07-30-2012 at 02:29 PM.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:00 PM
Mike Lindsey
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by chris951
I'm done. I was charged for the 1" upgrade

Chris,

You probably "thought" we charged you because you OK'd us to do so. But we hadn't gotten around to it yet. Bigger fish to fry that day. Thus the reason you are making the claim that we did, even thought it didn't actually happen.

You were NOT charged. You were NEVER charged and you WON'T be charged. I think that's a pretty clear statement from us. Your CC company will tell you the same if you call them.

Have a great day and enjoy that 951!
Old 07-30-2012, 03:03 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

So what about my square LR Pipes?
Old 07-30-2012, 03:15 PM
944CS
Drifting

Originally Posted by robstah
Sounds like a bunch of errors on your side. You should have just eaten the $20 and saved the hassle of the customer.
It's guys like you that cause these nightmares for vendors. There is a sick sick culture nowadays with forums and idiot consumers. Not implying you and the OP are idiots but if you are defending this than you may fall into that category. Regardless if it's Lindsey Racing's fault or not, they gave you the courtesy of the phone call and clarification. Now it's you who does not want to have the integrity to pay for the product you received because it's been 45 days?
Old 07-30-2012, 03:19 PM
Mike Lindsey
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by robstah
Sounds like a bunch of errors on your side. You should have just eaten the $20 and saved the hassle of the customer.
Maybe so, but sometimes your in the middle of the mess before you realize it. It started out trying to help the customer and make sure he got what he needed and it may have cost us one in the end.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:31 PM
mudbuddha
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

To give credit where it's due, I have bought stuff from Lindsey and they always came through- never an issue. Recently, I order a fuel pump from them and being the idiot, I somehow ordered 2 fuel line connector fittings. Dave called me the following day to let me know that I only needed one and it came with the kit so basically I didn't need the extra fitting- I was only charged for one in another word. They could have just sent me exactly what I ordered but made the correct call and I appreciate that from a vendor. This is good customer service in my book.
Old 07-30-2012, 05:01 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Well it all seems pretty straight forward. OP has had some serious bad luck with his 951 so I image, he's probally a little frazzeled? I know I would be!

LR is not on my vendor bashing list... now how are things at Speedforce Racing lately?
Old 07-30-2012, 07:35 PM
gruhsy
Drifting

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

So are you still selling your 951 since you weren't charged the 20 Dollars and you can get 8 replacement bolts from LR for the clutch if you ask them?

Just a heads up though there are much harder things on building a 951 than installing the 1 inch catch can hose.

If you decide to get rid of the car i'm sure someone such as Lart would buy it from you.

Good Luck
Old 07-30-2012, 08:00 PM
eman930
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by gruhsy
So are you still selling your 951 since you weren't charged the 20 Dollars and you can get 8 replacement bolts from LR for the clutch if you ask them?

Just a heads up though there are much harder things on building a 951 than installing the 1 inch catch can hose.

If you decide to get rid of the car i'm sure someone such as Lart would buy it from you.

Good Luck
LOL I think the 1" can is one of the easiest things
Old 07-30-2012, 08:25 PM
LRTRACI
3rd Gear

I wouldn't normally get on a forum & reply to things like this but I feel it necessary because I have so many customers that I deal with regularly on here.

Regarding Chris saying how "rude" & "atrocious" I was is extremely exaggerated. I contacted him ONE time, only ONCE. I told him I was going to discuss the charge with Dave since it had been a month & a week since the parts went out & I made an accounting error. After I emailed him a copy of his invoice showing his payment (less the $20.00 owed) so that he could see we never billed him for it, I never even had the chance to talk to anyone before getting an email saying he 'would not be paying the $20.00" & "if we continued to pursue the $20.00, we'd hear from his attorney".

I LOVE my job! And I am partial to LR because of what we stand for. I know that we cannot make everyone happy 100% of the time but I do try my hardest. Everyone makes mistakes, we are only human & that's why I was trying to take care of it by giving a courtesy phone call 1st. Obviously $20.00 is not worth losing a customer over so that's why Dave said to just let it go. There was never any harrassment to the customer, or 'forcing' him to get the 1" upgrade.

I greatly appreciate you customer's who stand behind LR & know by dealing with us that there is more to the story than being told! We will continue to take care of our customer's as we always have.

***I AM NOT RESPONDING ON BEHALF OF LR, THIS IS MY OWN PERSONAL RESPONSE***

-TRACI-

Quick Reply: LR loses another customer