chris951
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought my lisle torx set at sears, worked great
Old 07-26-2012, 08:57 AM
URG8RB8
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wtih two highly modified cars on both coasts, I have been working closely with LR for over ten years and have never had anything but great service and courtesy from them, especially Mike who is an absolute wealth of information. I have more in parts from them than most people have in their whole car. I am not saying they are perfect as nobody is, but never had any problem taking care of issues in a very timely and professional manor. I have the bolt kit in question on both cars and have no issues with either of them. I am quite sure there are hundreds using the same bolts from multiple vendors, as stated earlier these are supplied to nearly every vendor for this type of kit.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:14 AM
F18Rep
Three Wheelin'

I'm not exactly a big fan of the original bolts, I always thought a better bolt head could have been found. And BTW, they're a bitch to drill them too....Bruce
Old 07-26-2012, 09:38 AM
carlege
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would be more mad about installing a bad engine that was suppose to be rebuilt 20k miles ago and that causing me to throw in the towel on a beautiful car when everyone else warned you about the engine when it was outside of the car. What type of horse chit is that?
Old 07-26-2012, 11:02 AM
flipo
Racer

Over the past years I have had lots of different supliers but to me LR turnes out to be the best.a couple of months ago i ordered a set of cv axles and when i got them one of them didn't fit correctly ,they send me a replacment along with alot of other parts i ordered and paid for the(overseas) schipping of the complete order ,they never even asked me if i could schip the faulty axle back.
Old 07-26-2012, 02:58 PM
944hal
Pro

I've done a number '44 of clutch jobs, all using parts purchases from LR, including the T45 torx bolts. The most recent less than a month ago. I just bought a set of Torx bits. Not that expensive. I've never had any problem with the LR hardware, either installing or removing. People in business make mistakes so I can't comment on the $20 bucks. I've have also had fantastic customer service from Paragon. Just ordered some stuff from them today.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:22 PM
CyCloNe!
Rennlist Member

Received 124 Likes on 105 Posts

Personally I have never had any issues from LR always received my parts fast and prices were reasonable, but on the side note I haven't purchased from them in a year due to needing parts they don't have so things could have changed.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:39 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Originally Posted by jimbo1111
Yea, These cars are plagued with BS problems.

Yeah. Until you put a V8 in.

TonyG
Old 07-26-2012, 08:52 PM
400hp944
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TonyG
Yeah. Until you put a V8 in.

TonyG
Then you just break more stuff faster Tony!
Old 07-26-2012, 09:49 PM
lee101315
Three Wheelin'

Ive dealt with many companies that offered great products and service, only to find that their record keeping/billing department was run by a bunch of jerry's kids. Ive had pretty good service from Lindsey racing. Their maf kit may be a bit outdated, but they manufacture many indispensable parts few companies offer.

Regardless if the bolt was cheap or not, its a lack of experience that it caused it to break. While tightening the bolt, experienced hands would have felt the gradual decrease in resistance thats screaming " Im about to breakkkkk!!!!!!!!!"

I'd say it was polite of them to even entertain the idea of sending a replacement, instead of reprimanding you over the phone for breaking a bolt in such a critical spot!
Old 07-26-2012, 10:02 PM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by piperporsche180944
You wouldnt be the first unhappy customer... I spent quite a bit more money with them.... Then I resorted to Rogue and other vendors.
No one resorts to Rogue, we are uplifted to Rogue once we see the light.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:12 PM
chris951
Rennlist Member

All of the other bolts torqued just fine. The one that broke, never seemed to accept any torque, because it was stretching. It broke off with 15ft/lbs. I like the torque type head instead of the cheese head ones. I can see where the bolt stretched and failed. The bolt ended up being over 1/8 " longer than the other ones. I will give LR credit for stuff like 3 piece crossmember and 2 piece x over pipe. If I had any issues with parts from Pelican or Paragon, they would immediately take action and have it corrected. LR would first accuse me of breaking stuff on purpose, then claiming that nothing they sell ever breaks. After their "Jerry's Kids" accounting, I'm done. I was charged for the 1" upgrade
Old 07-26-2012, 11:13 PM
lee101315
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by chris951
All of the other bolts torqued just fine. The one that broke, never seemed to accept any torque, because it was stretching. It broke off with 15ft/lbs. I like the torque type head instead of the cheese head ones. I can see where the bolt stretched and failed. The bolt ended up being over 1/8 " longer than the other ones. I will give LR credit for stuff like 3 piece crossmember and 2 piece x over pipe. If I had any issues with parts from Pelican or Paragon, they would immediately take action and have it corrected. LR would first accuse me of breaking stuff on purpose, then claiming that nothing they sell ever breaks. After their "Jerry's Kids" accounting, I'm done. I was charged for the 1" upgrade
Youre right about the $20...its rude. Ive been in business for years. If you bring a car to me, and have me rebuild a transmission or do something big, I will never charge you for nonsense things like repairing brake lights or scanning an engine light.

It seems to be common today, its the only way big companies/corporations get ahead of their competetion. It starts with nickeling and diming, and grows to outsourcing or moving to another country to make even more money....
Old 07-26-2012, 11:42 PM
alxdgr8
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

I use LR for small stuff and have always had great service. I'm not sure I'd ever buy any big ticket items from them though.
Old 07-27-2012, 12:04 AM
eman930
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

I've Used LR, on both my highly modified 924S that I sold and my 951, been using them for over 11 years, never had a problem, Fast delivery and if I have a issue they fix it, Yea some of their stuff is pricey but I'm willing to pay a little extra for some of their stuff, Lots of small
Mods and repair parts you can't find anywhere else then LR..... Your really gonna bash them
Over a bolt?? Looks to me like you over torqued the bolt, it's over stretched

Quick Reply: LR loses another customer