Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Pics needed for routing PS hoses.

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 06:16 PM
DrZ1
Burning Brakes

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Edit: Best method to bleed clutch master using Motive bleeder?

I Thnink I have it correct, but would like to double check.

I am sure sure the corrrect routing of the hoses from the cooler and which hose fits on which nipple of the resiviour.

I also need a new hose from the PS pump to the resiviour as well does it have to be anything special for occasional track use, or just pick up PS hose from AZone?

Thanks
Steve

Last edited by DrZ1; 06-20-2012 at 06:33 PM.
Old 06-09-2012, 01:42 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Received 69 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by DrZ1
I Thnink I have it correct, but would like to double check.

I am sure sure the corrrect routing of the hoses from the cooler and which hose fits on which nipple of the resiviour.

I also need a new hose from the PS pump to the resiviour as well does it have to be anything special for occasional track use, or just pick up PS hose from AZone?

Thanks
Steve
I will shoot one tomorrow for ya...
I went to a different reservoir and really screwed up ( I didn't get it right, regarding which hose went to the correct nipple ) I though the fit was wrong because I was using a different tank and I forced it, cracking a little bit of the line ( The expensive one !!) But it was OK in the end No pun intended
Old 06-09-2012, 12:25 PM
DrZ1
Burning Brakes

Thanks,

The images of all associated hoses and routing would be a large help. The crimped hose on the coolor looks to be in good shape. The other two are missing. One from cooler to rack and one from pump to resiviour.

I was not sure if I can use hose from Auto part store. I had read I need high pressure. If a special type hose is needed I will need to order Monday, as I live in the sticks and no close sources.

And also read it should be compatable with ATF fluid rather the PS fluid. I had always place PS fluid in, is this correct?

Steve

Steve
Old 06-09-2012, 06:59 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Thanks,

The images of all associated hoses and routing would be a large help. The crimped hose on the coolor looks to be in good shape. The other two are missing. One from cooler to rack and one from pump to resiviour.

I was not sure if I can use hose from Auto part store. I had read I need high pressure. If a special type hose is needed I will need to order Monday, as I live in the sticks and no close sources.

And also read it should be compatable with ATF fluid rather the PS fluid. I had always place PS fluid in, is this correct?

Steve

Steve
Hope this helps ?
That hose that goes to the cooler is a tad pricey.. Like 160 +
I have read on Rennlist where so have gone to a hydraulic fittings place and had the hose replaced and re-clamped ...?
And it was a lot cheaper ... Like 20 -25 bucks, if I remember correctly ?
Regards
Ed
Attached Images      
Old 06-09-2012, 09:46 PM
DrZ1
Burning Brakes

Thanks for the photos, that should help. I will work on it tomarrow.

To be sure, the large nipple goes to the pump and the smaller to the cooler? This is what it looks like.

Steve
Old 06-09-2012, 09:58 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Thanks for the photos, that should help. I will work on it tomarrow.

To be sure, the large nipple goes to the pump and the smaller to the cooler? This is what it looks like.

Steve
Yes
That's how I almost broke the cooler hose I tried to force it one the front nipple ( the one to the pump) and cracked the first 1/8 -1/4 inch of the hose
Old 06-15-2012, 08:36 PM
DrZ1
Burning Brakes

OK I bought the updated cooler hose from paragon that goes from pump to resiviour. There is a brass piece with threads which is supposed to be inseted into the resiviour. Is there an updated resiviur with threads as well? Or does it replace the banjo? I thought I was told it went in the resiviour, but that does not seem right.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:43 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

OK I bought the updated cooler hose from paragon that goes from pump to resiviour. There is a brass piece with threads which is supposed to be inseted into the resiviour. Is there an updated resiviur with threads as well? Or does it replace the banjo? I thought I was told it went in the resiviour, but that does not seem right.
Picture ???
I think ( not sure ), that is for the pump side. My pump side has a threaded piece with a barb fitting ( is that what you are referring to ?) see my third picture down for top...
To my knowledge there is nothing that goes on the reservoir except hose clamps ..?
Old 06-15-2012, 09:50 PM
DrZ1
Burning Brakes

Nvermind, Thanks

When I went to put the hose on the banjo fitting, I see why they replaced it with this fitting. Better angle. It goes on the pump.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:23 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Nvermind, Thanks

When I went to put the hose on the banjo fitting, I see why they replaced it with this fitting. Better angle. It goes on the pump.
Yea that what I was sayin'
Old 06-16-2012, 12:12 AM
DrZ1
Burning Brakes

Thanks again for the help.

Next is master cylinder. It is not pressurizing the system when I tried to bleed the clutch.

Steve
Old 06-16-2012, 01:03 AM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

Thanks again for the help.

Next is master cylinder. It is not pressurizing the system when I tried to bleed the clutch.

Steve
Your welcome
I hope you have a power bleeder They work great and are perfect for that bleeding job ! They sell them all over for under 50 bucks and they make the job so damn easy ...
Old 06-16-2012, 07:52 AM
DrZ1
Burning Brakes

I was going to order on Monday. Is there a brand that works best? I saw this at summit . is it all I need?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MVP-0100/

Last edited by DrZ1; 06-16-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old 06-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Crazy Eddie

Rennlist Member

I was going to order on Monday. Is there a brand that works best? I saw this at summit . is it all I need?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MVP-0100/
That's the one I got and seems to be the favorite
If you paln on doing your brakes eventually get the 10 dollar bleeder bottle that hangs off the wheel its a great convenience to have it....
I think I bought mine off Amazon ? but same brand Motive
Good luck
Regards
Ed
Old 06-16-2012, 10:39 PM
DrZ1
Burning Brakes

Will finish PS tommarrow, did not have long enough hose for the cooler to the rack. I had a new hose from paragon, but decided to just replace the hose from the hard line to the cooler. Will secure with Otiker clamps.

Instead of going to town, since I did not have much time today, I finished up the mofified glove box. I sectioned it in half, and fiberglassed the back back on. I did not need that deep of a box, and it is a pain to get to the wiring back there. Will see tommarrow as I start to put the interior back.

I did have a question for the PS. Do I need to do anything special to fill the lines? Or do I just crank the car and turn right to left?

I just ordered the bleeder from SUmmit, should be here Thurs. Hopefully it is air in the line that is the issue and not the slave or master. IIRC I replaced both a three yrs ago, but it has sat for two yrs.

Quick Reply: Pics needed for routing PS hoses.