Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Low boost with manual boost controller.

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2012, 11:14 PM
Dougs951S
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Low boost with manual boost controller.

I got to drive my car with the LR manual boost controller installed for the first time today. It is only making boost pressure equal to the spring pressure in my stock waste gate. I switched the lines around on the controller to make sure I had them correctly as well as turned the adjustment **** all the way in both direction with it hooked up in both configurations and could not get it to make more than 4 psi boost unless I unhooked the signal line to the wastegate, then I got 13 psi. Yes I remembered to plug the J boot, the car runs fine on and off boost, it just is not making a whole lot of power. What did I do wrong?
Old 06-04-2012, 11:24 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

J boot? The MBC line interrupts the line from the intake banjo bolt to the waste gate.

Edit: sorry, I realize that you were probably referring to the line that used to run to the cycling valve.

Have you turned it *all* the way in both directions? I was surprised how far I had to turn the MBC in my car before it did anything (and how sensitive it was at the very end of the range -- 1/4 turn in mine is > 5psi).
Old 06-05-2012, 12:37 AM
Dougs951S
Race Car

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes, thats correct, I was talking about the line that went to the CV. Anywho, no, I dont think I turned it "all" the way in either direction; I didnt want to break it. When I turned it to the no boost setting, I turned it till I heard it click, and then I locked it in place. In the other direction, I can turn it till it gets loose, but I thought that was too loose So i turned it in some. It seems weird to me that I dont get atleast "some" boost, but I will try what you said tomorrow and turn it out as much as I can and see if I can get it to make pressure. Is your controller also the LR black dial one?
Old 06-05-2012, 08:59 AM
dillon410021
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

yeah, you have to turn it a lot but be careful as the boost will go up fast once you hit the sweet spot
Old 06-05-2012, 11:12 AM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Dougs951S
Is your controller also the LR black dial one?
Yes, mine is, and the **** does get loose as you reach the end, but there is still more turning to do if you're running it in the single port configuration. As Dillon says, the control is very sensitive at the end of the range.
Old 06-05-2012, 01:11 PM
onspeed
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Should be an arrow indicating the direction of air flow on the MBC. Arrow should go towards the wastegate.

You might try blowing through one end and turning the ****. Find the spot where your blowing is becoming difficult as the valve closes. Attach it, and start adjusting from there.

Quick Reply: Low boost with manual boost controller.