Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should bookmark the entire site!
Old 03-20-2012, 12:52 AM
onspeed
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by David.N
Where is the Ignition switch? I tried replacing the speed sensor and it still doesnt work. Im getting to the point where I wanna just tow it to a mechanic. Might as well try this ignition switch and jumping the alarm terminals.
You're very close to changing just about everything that would cause no-spark condition. Don't bother with a mechanic now. If ignition switch and alarm bypass is a no-go, you might try to find someone on here who will let you borrow a 951 DME to test.
Old 09-15-2012, 02:40 PM
David.N
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I've literally done everything anyone has ever thought of checking. So I'm just gonna buy a new dme, even though mine seems to work fine. Who knows. It gets all the correct signals from sensors etc And it has power coming out of the pin that sends the signal to spark coil, but I don't think it's enough, only 1volt, and it doesn't seem to pulse, but that could just be my voltmeter.
Old 09-28-2012, 03:46 PM
jfeid
2nd Gear

I had a no start condition, turned out to be the fuel pump. This video is useful to check the reference and speed sensors. the manual says to check the ground point on the bell housing as a first step. Good luck. JF

this is a link to the full troubleshooting guide http://arnnworx.com/DME_KLR_Test_Plan.pdf
Old 09-28-2012, 06:51 PM
Slow Project 951
Rennlist Member

I had the same issue, Replaced the dme relay first off, then followed all the suggested tests above . Ended up towing the car to a mechanic who replaced the dme relay yet again. Turns out the new dme relay I just replaced was a pos. Car runs now, good fule, spark and I own a new non working dme relay. Perhaps some one in your area with a running car will allow you to borrow a dme relay for a test start ? Good luck. On a side note, My mechanic friend and previous owner of my car recently replaced eight relays for a client of his to have five of the eight go bad in a week. Apparently everything is made in china now.
Good luck, I understand your frustration.

Quick Reply: 88 Turbo died when driving, wont start.