Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

OT...I'm a terrorist!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2003, 10:29 PM
Mike A.
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post OT...I'm a terrorist!!!

Did you hear? I drive an S.U.V., ergo I'm a supporter of terrorism, if not an actual terrorist. According to Arianna Huffington, I support Bin Laden because I drive an S.U.V.
But she's not...she just traded in her Esplanade for a 50 mpg econobox.
Old 01-09-2003, 10:44 PM
keith
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had a suspicion about those SUVs....
Old 01-10-2003, 10:13 AM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
Just think, ole Ferdinand himself designed a WWII German fighting vehicle. Does that make us *****? That whacky and nutty Arianna.
Old 01-10-2003, 12:22 PM
ian
Nordschleife Master

Received 65 Likes on 37 Posts
Again proof that money and inteligence don't go hand in hand....
Old 01-10-2003, 02:33 PM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Some interesting data came out with the whole Ford Explorer & Firestone tire fiasco...
Old 01-10-2003, 04:32 PM
TT
Racer

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva"> But she's not...she just traded in her Esplanade for a 50 mpg econobox. </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">If spending money on gas/oil is supporting terrorists, what's the difference if you buy 10 gallons at a time for the econobox compared to 30 for the SUV? I guess she only buys gas refined from Venezuelan crude.
Old 01-10-2003, 06:11 PM
BigPorscheGuy39
Banned

So wait...just thinking about the reaction she's getting from y'all. Are you guys saying you think oil has nothing to do with US Foreign Policy? Or that terrorism has nothing to do with US Foreign Policy?

If so, gimme a break. The connection she's made might seem to you absurd, but if you connect the dots, she's on the mark.

Consider the state of our world if there was no reliance on foreign oil. Try that mental experiment out. Is she right? I think so.
Old 01-10-2003, 06:52 PM
Stuttgart
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
i personally like the "What Would Jesus Drive?" commercials, they show just how stupid these people are, according to religious historians Jesus was a carpenter. If he was a carpenter he probably would drive a Chevy 3500 dually with duramax deisel or maybe a Dodge dually with a v10, complete with ladder rack, tool box and big ol' super swamper mud tires.
Old 01-10-2003, 08:00 PM
Steve Cooper
Racer

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by Stuttgart:
<strong>i personally like the "What Would Jesus Drive?" commercials, they show just how stupid these people are, according to religious historians Jesus was a carpenter. If he was a carpenter he probably would drive a Chevy 3500 dually with duramax deisel or maybe a Dodge dually with a v10, complete with ladder rack, tool box and big ol' super swamper mud tires.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">...with a window sticker of Calvin pissing on Satan...
Old 01-11-2003, 12:09 AM
pig4bill
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bin Laden is an oil producer? First I've heard of that. Does she mean Hussein? Wait, they have sanctions and the only oil we buy from them is under the Food For Oil program. And Syria does not produce oil, right?
Old 01-11-2003, 01:55 AM
Kit_Chris
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BigPorscheGuy, this is clearly not the right forum for political analysis. This said, I fully agree with you. Seems like only non-americans have the intellectual freedom to cast a doubt on US government action!

Forget the SUV story. Want real nonsense? How about this: If you question the official american position, you're not patriotic. Talk about democracy!!
Old 01-11-2003, 04:51 AM
Ahmet
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
I noticed a bumper sticker on a Jeep Cherokee today, it read "SUVs are killing out planet" in white over black. That ranks right up there along with "*** grass or gas, no one rides for free" on a new Bentley, and the "I love my Volvo" (really beat up plate) on a new BMW. Although I'm not a big SUV fan myself, I'm not going to blame their owners for supporting terrorists, and not global warming etc. but rather for being wastefull in many, many ways.
Ahmet
Old 01-11-2003, 06:40 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
"but rather for being wastefull in many, many ways."

Yes! very, very decadent... Too bad they're not as safe as they think, HAH!
Old 01-11-2003, 01:44 PM
L8 APEKS
Three Wheelin'

Interesting.

I personally HATE SUV's because where I live, it's 4'11" housewives driving Excursions and Escalades while yelling at kids in the back and putting on make-up, not bothering to signal any turns or lane changes because the other hand is holding a cell phone.

It's either that, or SUV's badged as 4x4's, with 8" lifts and 38" tires, which have NEVER SEEN A SPECK OF DIRT in their LIVES.

That being said...what about sports cars? My Corrado, when stock, would get 31 mpg on the freeway if I stayed near the speed limit.

Now, with all of it's modifications, it can go as low as 15-17 mpg during city driving if I'm playing with cars from light to light.

I must be a terrorist too. My bad!
Old 01-11-2003, 02:34 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
Okay, how about all race cars, for that matter all enjoyment cars such as our Porsches are supporting terrorism. They serve no "true" purpose other than consuming oil for the sole reason of giving driver satisfaction. After all, any electric golf cart could get a person from A to B. But wait, electric golf cart's's need to be charged and that takes either, energy derived from petroleum, nuclear, hydro, coal or sun derived power. Since 4 of the 5 would be non-PC then we must power it from the sun. It sure would suck to be in Alaska when the sun doesn't come out.

The only answer is that we should all sell our cars and start riding horses! Ohhhhhhhhh, except how will I fit my two kids baby seats on a horse? Damn, I guess maybe we should all walk, but wait.........how are they going to make our shoes? Isn't petroleum one of the key ingredients of our shoes and don't they need power to sew them together? Wow, seems like to me that the only true answer is that mankind has progressed so far that we now have to go back and become cavemen........uh ohhhhhhhh, wait they had issues with treating women as equals........all damnnnnnnnnnn, let's just all commit suicide because that's truly PC,,,,,,,,but wait that would take a gun........................

This is really kinda silly for people on a Pcar forum to be chatting about this. Like it or not it is the consumers choice on how they want to spend their own damn money.

Quick Reply: OT...I'm a terrorist!!!