Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Because I need more GM parts...C6 Z06 Brakes

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 03:25 PM
xschop
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey Schue, I see that you rotated the caliper down. Did you do a full wheel-wheel turn to make sure the caliper body didn't hit the Control arm? I rotated my Wilwood Superlite kit up near the stationary strut to insure no intereference. Alternately I had to rotate them down on the 928 kit because of the 928 upper control arm.
Old 12-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Schuepbach
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xschop
Hey Schue, I see that you rotated the caliper down. Did you do a full wheel-wheel turn to make sure the caliper body didn't hit the Control arm? I rotated my Wilwood Superlite kit up near the stationary strut to insure no intereference. Alternately I had to rotate them down on the 928 kit because of the 928 upper control arm.
I can check clearance tomorrow.
Old 12-01-2011, 05:47 PM
caseydt
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Schuepbach
XSChop will prob be manufacturing it so you can bug him, I'm sure he'll be very good on pricing. I can share the design if need be, but if you dont have a CNC readily available, its not worth much.
I have access to a CNC and SolidWorks at work, if its okay with XSChop I could use the files. If not it's not an issue, just happened to see the comment earlier about designing them in pro/e and figured it was worth asking.

Either way I'm sure I'll have a couple of questions soon, pulling the cover off the 944 in about a month when I have my current projects done.

Thanks
Old 12-01-2011, 07:18 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok... so I used a 965 spindle/hub setup to see how the 996GT3 rotor/caliper would align since my 944 uses a M030 spindle with 965 rotor and big red.

I just don't see how it could be cleanly done without rotating the caliper, and even then it doesn't look to be a very clean deal.

But what I do know is that the 996 GT3 rotor and caliper will fit under a 17" cup 2 rear 9x17 wheel with a 3/8" spacer (and probably would fit without the spacer, but the rim was hitting the strut on the car so I couldn't be sure.

That said... Where are the adapter brackets to put 996 GT3 rotors & calipers on a 944 non-M030 spindle????????????????????????????????????

TonyG
Old 12-01-2011, 11:41 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

???
Old 12-02-2011, 12:13 AM
95ONE
Race Car

tony, the adapters I made should fit those. (axially) They would just need ANOTHER spacer to bring them up higher. (radially) Although, I think Pro technik sold them all, and is now out of business....

That said, won't Ollies kit work?
Old 12-02-2011, 12:57 AM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Originally Posted by 95ONE
tony, the adapters I made should fit those. (axially) They would just need ANOTHER spacer to bring them up higher. (radially) Although, I think Pro technik sold them all, and is now out of business....

I PM'ed Ollie but no reply.

I'm not a big fan of adapters (which is why I bought the M030 knuckles in the first place). That said... and adapter with a spacer is sorta pushing it. Normally, it wouldn't be that big a deal... but on a fast car with big fat sticky tires and huge brakes... I dunno...

I can get the adapters fabricated, but I have a time issue to deal with.

TonyG
Old 12-02-2011, 03:15 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

PM:ed Tony.
This adapter kit is available from my friend Antti's company 9Products.

http://9products.com/gt3-brake-adapter-kit

This is a complete kit for front & rear. Also just front adapters are available.

Monoblocks under my friend Pete's 951

Ring adapter for handbrake shoes installed

Old 12-02-2011, 03:49 AM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 79 Posts

Is there any downside to switching from a Mo30 to non Mo30 spindle? Can the non versions be tapped to run the larger spindle pin that comes with the Racers Edge A Arms? Is there any loss of strength between the Mo30 and non versions?
Another thing I'm wondering. If we are able to switch over to a non Mo30 spindle and then run these adapters for the Monoblocks, will this mean a different offset on the new rotors? I've got some 2 piece floating rotors now and I'd like to be able to retain these and just get some larger rotors made up, but maybe I'll need some new hats as well?

Last edited by 333pg333; 12-02-2011 at 04:10 AM.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:09 PM
Schuepbach
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by xschop
Its very close, at first it hit but thats because i put new tie rods on and my toe is way off. After playing around w/ the toe some it didn't hit, but I can't give you a 100% ok until after my alignment. Kinda ****ty I know but I'll rarely be at full lock on the track.

Originally Posted by caseydt
I have access to a CNC and SolidWorks at work, if its okay with XSChop I could use the files. If not it's not an issue, just happened to see the comment earlier about designing them in pro/e and figured it was worth asking.

Either way I'm sure I'll have a couple of questions soon, pulling the cover off the 944 in about a month when I have my current projects done.

Thanks
ya I can convert the file over to solidworks, just need to know the extension.

The adapter is very close to done, I checked clearances today and need to do some more minor milling. Hopefully it will be ready by the end of the weekend to where I can adjust my drawings.
Old 12-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Schuepbach
Rennlist Member

also tomorrow I'm going to steal bruces 17" cup 2 replica and see if it fits
Old 12-02-2011, 07:20 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Originally Posted by Schuepbach
also tomorrow I'm going to steal bruces 17" cup 2 replica and see if it fits
Get a real one. The replica's are cast not forged. The dimensions are not the same.

TonyG
Old 12-02-2011, 07:23 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Originally Posted by Olli Snellman
PM:ed Tony.
This adapter kit is available from my friend Antti's company 9Products.

http://9products.com/gt3-brake-adapter-kit

This is a complete kit for front & rear. Also just front adapters are available.

Monoblocks under my friend Pete's 951

Ring adapter for handbrake shoes installed

Ollie...

Tried to order some front adapters from their web site, but the cart doesn't allow you to specify which version, nor does it accept any form of payment. And the site has no phone number or email address in order to contact anybody there....

TonyG
Old 12-02-2011, 09:36 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 515 Likes on 346 Posts

Schue, I've got some real Cups 2's sitting in my garage. I can send you one if you want to check fitment...
Old 12-02-2011, 11:45 PM
rlm328
Rennlist Member

Received 309 Likes on 206 Posts

Originally Posted by 95ONE

Sam and his mill now resides at Steiner Racing Service, if you want to contact him for spacers.

Quick Reply: Because I need more GM parts...C6 Z06 Brakes