Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 09:39 PM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Post SFR, max power chipset

Greetings all!

Well I have made the journey to San Diego to have Speed Force Racing improve the power output of my 951.

John and Tim have solicited the use of my bone stock 951 to develop a custom chipset to squeese the maximum power out of the stock setup. No map, no maf, no dual port wastegate, etc, simply a chip. Max power for Min dollars and Min headache!

SFR is going to dyno the car in stock trim for the baseline. Then with multiple dyno runs they will develop the max power chipset (John/Tim please correct me if I missed anything).

I am very excited to see how much power SFR can get whith this simple (at least from a consumer standpoint) upgrade!

Stay tuned.
Old 03-02-2002, 01:21 AM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YOu didn't miss anything!

We are developing this chipset to controll the cycling valve (yes we can) and the fuel and timing maps. We will set the chips to run 1 bar. No more messing with boost controllers, shims, restrictors etc etc...this will be a very clean setup for the individual that would like more power and keep the car as stcok as possible.

I'd like to thank Bill for taking the one day drive to our shop for this. Its great guys like this that help us keep our products up to date!

Take Care all!
Old 03-03-2002, 02:35 PM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

Well the project is half done and the upgrade looks very promising.

I say half done as John and Tim were able to manipulate the DME program (fuel and timing), but were unable to work the KLR program (Boost). As with any project that enters uncharted waters, stumbling blocks are encountered. SFR now has to develop a custom program to burn the KLR chip. SFR should have the custom KLR chip burning program in about a week.

So after two days of dyno time spent on tweeking the fuel and timing only, SFR was able to get an increase of 20hp! I drove the car and could feel a definate "seat of the pants" improvement. I now have what John refers to as "one wheel peel" (open differential wheel spin) in first gear.

The car as it was tested in stock trim, was only achieving a boost level of 8 psi. SFR plans to raise the boost to somewhere around 14.5 psi.

Given the initial gain of 20hp and an additional 6.5 psi of boost, SFR is anticipating this simple modification to be an impressive one.

I will post the print-outs from the dyno runs next.
Old 03-12-2002, 03:28 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Any chance you can post these dyno charts here? I'd be interested in where this 20hp gain occurs.
Old 03-12-2002, 02:31 PM
Bill
Addict
Rennlist Member

John,

Can you post the dyno print outs? Stock vs DME reprogram would be cool.

I know that you have yet to reprogram the KLR.
Old 03-13-2002, 02:56 AM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

Bill Danno,

I don't knoe how to post a picture on this forum..I'm lame. But I'll get a scan of them and email them to Danno, maybe he can figure it out :-)

Danno, you still don't have my dyno run on your website..you have the other low powered runs...what about mine man???

Old 03-13-2002, 03:41 AM
Danno
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's on there! Clear out the local cached files on your internet browser:

IE:View -> Internet Options -> TemporaryInternetFiles -> DeleteFiles

Netscape: Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Cache ->` ClearDiskCacheNow

Then go back to my page and hit the RELOAD button. Your dyno chart should show up at the bottom of the list.

Email me Bill's chart. I've got a bone-stock 951 that I use as a baseline for all my comparisons. I'll super-impose his chart on top of that.

See ya at the PIZZA RUN!!!!
Old 03-14-2002, 12:44 AM
John Anderson
Burning Brakes

Danno, I did what you said...your right...and I'm sorry...its there LOL

I'll send that dyno of Bills soon!
Old 03-16-2002, 11:07 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
The official price of the SFR chips are in,.. at $425US for a set. Just thought I would let everyone know.

Quick Reply: SFR, max power chipset