Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 01:41 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep, no need to re-hash the old "will E85 destroy my engine" debate.

The answer is no. Is E85 good for stock fuel lines. The answer is also probably no. But if anyone is still running stock fuel lines, then they should be changed immediately - regardless if you plan on using E85 or not.

What E85 does offer is more power potential, much greater margin of safety, and lower mpg.
Old 09-30-2011, 02:21 AM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by blown 944
I'm having flashbacks..I should go look look on pelican and see how long ago it was I was having these discussions.

I truly thought everyone was over this...... I need to just avoid this...but I can't. I'm not sure how many years or miles it will take for this thinking to go away. One thing I know for certain is that my engines have lived a hell of a lot longer due to E85. Very certain!!!
Don't sweat it man we are over it!
Old 09-30-2011, 02:22 AM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant

The answer is no. Is E85 good for stock fuel lines. The answer is also probably no. But if anyone is still running stock fuel lines, then they should be changed immediately - regardless if you plan on using E85 or not.

What E85 does offer is more power potential, much greater margin of safety, and lower mpg.
Tru that!
Old 09-30-2011, 04:25 AM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant

Hard lines or just the lines in the engine bay?
Old 09-30-2011, 04:46 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

The rubber, the hard lines are fine.
Old 09-30-2011, 08:57 AM
carlege
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my only complaint about going to E85 is availability. i only know of one gas station 15-30 min in another city that sells it. (of course i only look on my route to and from work)
Old 09-30-2011, 09:44 AM
ChrisJ951
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by blown 944
Lolololololololololololololol......

Hmmm how many years has it been now? Let me think, over fifteen years running ethanol and over seven years running e85 in my DD and stored 944's. Got to love the enthusiasm...
Hey Blown, It was a serious question. You don't have to be a dick about it. Glad you haven't had any problems running E85.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:38 PM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carlege
my only complaint about going to E85 is availability. i only know of one gas station 15-30 min in another city that sells it. (of course i only look on my route to and from work)
Do you have Kroger grocery stores in Atlanta? All of the Kroger stores here added E85 a few years ago.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:43 PM
zerMATT951
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Oh, and for the record, I didn't start this thread to debate the use of E85 in these cars. As others have pointed out, there are several other threads that do a great job of beating that horse to death. My goal was to see some real-world MPG differences between the two fuels, and what I would REALLY like to see are some comparison dyno charts.

Maybe I'll be the first to post both in a week or two. That's fine with me...
Old 09-30-2011, 03:54 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by carlege
+1
Old 09-30-2011, 03:55 PM
ChrisJ951
Burning Brakes

I'd like to see the differences for sure.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:03 PM
refresh951
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by zerMATT951
Do you have Kroger grocery stores in Atlanta? All of the Kroger stores here added E85 a few years ago.
E85 Stations in the ATL:

http://domesticfuel.com/2008/05/30/t...en-in-atlanta/
Old 09-30-2011, 05:00 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Oh, and for the record, I didn't start this thread to debate the use of E85 in these cars. As others have pointed out, there are several other threads that do a great job of beating that horse to death. My goal was to see some real-world MPG differences between the two fuels, and what I would REALLY like to see are some comparison dyno charts.

I doubt many have gone into the true chemical make up and abilities of this fuel. Many, not being us. I mean ALL. The actual mileage that can be had on this fuel is actually quite incredible. NOT through an engine designed for gasoline use, but for an engine designed for DEISEL! At Diesel Compression ratios actually, not a true diesel motor. A college designed a motor for the limits of this fuel and found that it was so efficient, it could attain the fuel mileage equal to the best Fuel motors. So.. Keep all facts in mind. And it's pretty hard when most everyone does not truly know or can obtain all the facts.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:12 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

MPG vs. MSPG (more smiles per gallon)

E85 wins! (no not running yet...)
Old 09-30-2011, 05:13 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 95ONE
I doubt many have gone into the true chemical make up and abilities of this fuel. Many, not being us. I mean ALL. The actual mileage that can be had on this fuel is actually quite incredible. NOT through an engine designed for gasoline use, but for an engine designed for DEISEL! At Diesel Compression ratios actually, not a true diesel motor. A college designed a motor for the limits of this fuel and found that it was so efficient, it could attain the fuel mileage equal to the best Fuel motors. So.. Keep all facts in mind. And it's pretty hard when most everyone does not truly know or can obtain all the facts.
Hmm, throwing E 85 and Diesels Engines together? Not the way to clear things up!

But I take your point!

Quick Reply: M-Tune with E85 vs Pump Gas