Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

New Product: MoMonitor Pre Release.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 05:57 PM
Richgreenster
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

John,
Will it log knock count? Also will it be able to tell you if it is in limp mode?
Old 09-08-2011, 07:05 PM
odb812
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

<--This guy's interested
Old 09-08-2011, 07:33 PM
400hp944
Burning Brakes

Bring it on John! I'm on board. Can I get it tomorrow?
Old 09-08-2011, 07:41 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

IN!
Old 09-08-2011, 07:57 PM
Rick Ryhal
Rennlist Member

Hi John, Count me in.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:59 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Any chance it can feed into an existing datalogger in the car... like an Aim or Traqmate system? I assume it'll work on N/As, too?
Old 09-08-2011, 08:48 PM
Baptizo
This didn't cost
me any drachmas
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Just when I was ready to commit to something else along comes this awesome tool and quite affordable, too!!!
Old 09-08-2011, 09:13 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Richgreenster
John,
Will it log knock count? Also will it be able to tell you if it is in limp mode?
Which "limp mode"? The KLR limp mode, or the V-FLEX or V-MAF+ limp mode which is triggered when a MAP sensor fault is detected?

We will detect the limp mode based on the MAP sensor fault detection.

Knock/KLR related things are on my plate, a bit too early for full details.. Will elaborate when I have more details.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:21 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Van
Any chance it can feed into an existing datalogger in the car... like an Aim or Traqmate system? I assume it'll work on N/As, too?
I'm not familiar with what interface existing Data Loggers offer. So for now I would say no.. However, you will be able to generate a CSV (Comma Separated Values) file and import into other tools for further analysis. If other data loggers can generate a CSV file with time stamps, writing a program to merge both files is not out of the question..
I know of a couple of racers wanting to overlay some data over the data collected by their track logger. Ex. would be When are you at WOT etc..

Another possibility will be to do a run, make some modification (like a cam), do another run and compare the results.. You'll be able to figure out the effect the cam had on the VE of the engine based on the air flow.. The software will also have a HP calculator etc...

Again, this is getting into the details which will require a user manual to explain..
Old 09-08-2011, 09:29 PM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I received a couple of questions regarding the difference software we offer. I'll address these questions here.
We originally had the base MAF software, then in 2008 we offered the V-FLEX upgrade which added boost based tuning. Recently we released the V-MAF+ which includes all of the functionality of the V-FLEX plus additional features and made it the standard MAF system. So the only available MAF system now, is teh standard system which includes all the features.

The V-MAF+ was released with the MoMonitor in mind, and it will support all the features of the MoMonitor. Earlier version of the software will support the MoMonitor, however some features may not be applicable.

If you have a Vitesse MAF software as on the chipboard (TM), the MoMonitor will work with it.

The MoMonitor works on the 951 and the 944NA as long as they are running Vitesse MAF.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:27 PM
Tim-C.
Instructor

John,

This is Tim, Kerry is installing the Stage II you sold me way back in June in my beat up grey '86. Provided this is compatible, I'm interested. Now that I'm up in NJ and away from my normal 951 support group in ATL, I need to be somewhat self sufficient. Besides, I definitely did not spend all I spent on my car only to run the engine at 90% efficiency. Seems that this sort of easy-to-read diagnostic would be just the ticket for me.

And getting to look at data in a CSV file outside of work is a definite added bonus!

Tim
Old 09-08-2011, 11:28 PM
Richgreenster
Burning Brakes

John,
Do you know how many hours this will save you. LOL.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:12 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

John,
very interesting product. Is it possible to have it with metric system ? We europeans are not used to Farenheit & PSI.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:49 AM
Josh B
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Put me down for one
Old 09-09-2011, 11:09 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

The product will save me and the customers lots of time. There have been a few instances where I spent 20-30 hours assisting a customer (emails, phone calls,...) to find out the problem had nothing to do with the Vitesse products. As you can imagine, wasting 20-30 hours is no joy for anyone.. So yes, the MoMonitor will save time and will make trouble shooting much more efficient.

There are many customers that are not hands on or don't have the time to work on their car. They rely on their local shops for all repairs. The 951 is old enough, that many shops are not very familiar with it. If you check the shop rates to diagnose a TPS or a Engine Temp sensor, you can easily spend hours in the shop and $100s in labor. With the MoMonitor, you can perform the same 2-3 hours task in 5 minutes without opening the hood. It will pay for itself the first time you use it!

Think of the intermittent issues and of the amount of time it takes to track and solve. With the MoMonitor, you log till the issue appears. Then go back and review the data to see the status of all the variables and sensors at the time.. No need for someone else to monitor the gauges for you while you drive...

This reminds me of a customer who was not sure if he wanted to spend $1250 on the VR V-MAF+ kit vs. what's available on the market for $100 or so less.
I mentioned the user defined overboost and the rev-limit features as part of the safety features we offer. At the time, he questioned if he'll ever need the overboost as he's always on top of things. Sure enough, a few days later he called to tell me, in his exact words "You saved my engine!". Apparently, while on the track, the pressure hose to his wastegate came in touch with the exhaust and melted, allowing the WG to boost as hard as it can. There was no way he could have noticed it fast enough to react!
By setting the over-boost, the DME caught it and did not allow the engine to run over the user defined pre-set boost limit. So the extra $100 he spent to get the VR kit, saved him $5000-10000 (cost of a rebuild).

The same principle applies here, the $250-$300 someone will spend for the MoMonitor, will save them $100s if not $1000s, not to mention the time..

If there is enough demand to support the Metric system we will consider it.

Sorry for the long post, too much coffee this morning ).

Quick Reply: New Product: MoMonitor Pre Release.