Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Vitesse MAF + aftermarket KLR chip .. ok?

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 06:02 PM
teveo
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Vitesse MAF + aftermarket KLR chip .. ok?

Hi, I am putting together a 951 for a daily driver, I have had the car for a while and it was initially going to be a racer. I am mostly into early 911's and 356's so I decided to build a vintage racer instead.

The 951 is an '87 and does a have few cheap mods (LR instant boost enhancer and Autothority Stage 2). I have converted to manual steering and taken out the AC system.

To make it a better daily driver I bought a Vitesse MAF stage 2 from a fellow rennlist member (vitesse maf stage 2), and I have ordered a 3 bar bimmer FPR (the recommended one) and will install the MAF next week.

I am not into turbo engines and electronic engine management, what I would like to know is if the Autothority KLR chip will work with the new Vitesse stuff going in? I do not have the original chip for KLR.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:33 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Was it working with the Authority chip? I would think it would have a Vitesse chip with it?
Old 09-01-2011, 07:53 PM
StyleLab
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The vitesse setup works with the stock klr chip
Old 09-01-2011, 08:17 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by teveo
Hi, I am putting together a 951 for a daily driver, I have had the car for a while and it was initially going to be a racer. I am mostly into early 911's and 356's so I decided to build a vintage racer instead.

The 951 is an '87 and does a have few cheap mods (LR instant boost enhancer and Autothority Stage 2). I have converted to manual steering and taken out the AC system.

To make it a better daily driver I bought a Vitesse MAF stage 2 from a fellow rennlist member (vitesse maf stage 2), and I have ordered a 3 bar bimmer FPR (the recommended one) and will install the MAF next week.

I am not into turbo engines and electronic engine management, what I would like to know is if the Autothority KLR chip will work with the new Vitesse stuff going in? I do not have the original chip for KLR.
A stage 2 MAF should mean that it goes with the corresponding chips and mods to support the stage 2 turbo, injectors, etc. If you don't have that stuff, you had better contact Vitesse before installing.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:36 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by StyleLab
The vitesse setup works with the stock klr chip
KLR chip bit me in the A$$ again! Stupid Toyota's!
Old 09-02-2011, 04:48 AM
teveo
Advanced

Thanks, there was a guy selling a std set of chips and I will see if they still are available.

I do not have the vitesse turbo but have 83 lb injectors, resistor etc. I was planning on changing the turbo and install a Tial wg I already have in the near future.
The setup was working with Dave's car so in the lag between my turbo spools up until I upgrade turbo I suppose the car would take me from A to B

Its a couple weeks until I get new tires and I still have to setup the suspension.. PO had it all out of specs.
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...ing-setup.html

Anyone interested in a set of Autothority stage 2 chips ? Cheap and complete..
Anyone in for a trade for original chips?

I have read both good and bad about the authority chips, but they should give 48 hp extra according to their specs.. I would trade the banjo bolt and chips for std setup..

"STAGE II - 48 hp increase

The Stage II DME and KLR chip set come with a new Banjo Boost bolt that has an air correction jet installed in it to bump up the boost pressure to 1.0 bar (14.7) psi. With over 40 hp being gained, this kit provides you the best bang for the buck and makes a true seat of the pants difference. Be prepared to hold on to the steering wheel as your car accelerates through the gears."
http://www.autothority.com/products....e=stageupgrade
Old 09-02-2011, 08:54 AM
fast951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 37 Likes on 27 Posts

You can use any KLR chip, be it stock or aftermarket. I personally prefer the stock KLR chip, as I have seen some strange behavior with some aftermarket chips.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:16 AM
teveo
Advanced

Thanks, I will be testing with the autoth.. chip then. Its going to be a year round driver so I am not looking for max power here.

Quick Reply: Vitesse MAF + aftermarket KLR chip .. ok?