Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

What size injectors do you run? I'm going lean and need Help

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2002, 03:52 AM
tecart
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post What size injectors do you run? I'm going lean and need Help

Hey Guys i need bigger injectors i think for my 86 turbo and i heard of 42,52,55,72 pound ones as an upgrade but what are you guys using? i need them because im going lean on my air/fuel ratio meter while on 3/4 to full boost, my car is using a maf#4 kit with arm1, arc2, k29#8 turbo, adj. wastegate and boost, my arc 2 settings are Low 11:00 Mid 2:30 High 2:00 Accel 1:30 but im going full lean if i turn my High **** below 2:00. I even turned the adj. fuel pressure reg. to 58 psi of fuel pressure (from 46 psi) at idle with the vac. line disconnected but i didnt get any help on the leaning out part(if i set the high **** below 2:00 i will go to the far left red lights on the meter at full throttle meaning very lean!! so i wonder is this all because i need bigger injectors or is it because its normal to set the High **** to my 2:00 position and higher and just leave it there without getting bigger injectors? Im just confused to that and also if i go with bigger injectors meaning ill get a same fuel with lower fuel pressure and a lower high **** setting does that equal more power than what im doing now to my car? So in summary: #1 is my arc2 setting fine or should i go with bigger injectors? #2 if i go with bigger injectors will i get more horsepower from my setup? I'm not sure i would get more power because im already running almost 60 psi of fuel pressure #3 what size injectors do i want to get for my setup and what OHM should they be? i heard low ohm like 2.8 is best then the next guy says high OHM like 8 is good, then next guy says youll fry your DME, god is this confusing, i just wonder if i go this way what OHM should the injector be? #4 where to buy this injector set for the best price and what make, Bosch, Simmens? Not to mention each maker makes the same pound injector at different OHM's again more confusion in deciding here...
Please respond if you can help and have these bigger injectors on you car with a bigger turbo and let me know
Old 02-08-2002, 03:57 AM
tecart
Pro

also im running the boost between 17 and 23 psi dialed in for 17 psi max most of the time on my wastegate and i want my setup set for this area of fueling not less then these numbers, i man run less boost but want the fuel for 17-23 psi
Old 02-08-2002, 08:17 AM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

just buy the one from the 993TT. It works. mayn say the ywill fry teh DME other say the controller can hadnle them.
Peoles use them and teh DME is still ok nafter years.

Konstantin
Old 02-08-2002, 12:38 PM
IanM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This topic has been beaten to death. If you do some searches, you'll find all the information you need. I had very similar problems as you do, my recommendation is to get 52 lb/hr Bosch injectors (no bigger if you're running an MAF). Go to <a href="http://www.injector.com," target="_blank">www.injector.com,</a> they've got the best prices. Set your afpr to about 40psi when you start the tuning process, but you'll probably end up setting it at 36-38psi in the end. Your ARC2 settings will be about 11:00, 3:00, 8:30, 1:00. Note: if you're running as lean as you say (in the red under boost), then you're going to seriously damage your engine really soon. Turn that boost down as low as it goes, and baby your car until you get this sorted out. Check out my thread on this board entitled
<a href="http://forums.rennlist.com/scripts/rennforums/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=15&t=003149" target="_blank">"Setting up a big turbo 951 with MAF"</a>
Old 02-08-2002, 06:58 PM
tecart
Pro

hey ian im not going lean if i keep the high **** above 2:30 only if i go lower then that do i go lean, but my point was if i go with bigger injectors and then i can lower my fuel rail pressure and put the high **** at 8:30 will i make more power than just leaving my car alone the way it is now? this is what im trying to figure out, is more power gonna be made if i get no leaning out but my high **** is at a low 8:30 or at a high like it is now 2:30 level? which high setting produces more power? im not leaning out as my car sits now with new stock 2.5 liter injectors but since my high **** is so much higher then everyone else i wondered if i lower my high **** to say like 8:30 or even 9:00 (again to do this level i understand i will need bigger injectors to lower my high **** and not lean out) will my car be making alot more power? am i loosing like 30-40 horses due to the fact my high **** is so high? Derrick at huntley says the high **** isnt meant to be run so high and it looses its efficiency or something to that effert? also lastly i am gonna get the 52 pounders from bosch but what Ohm should i get with it? thanks and please take it easy on me
Old 02-08-2002, 07:03 PM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

How is the k29? How's the lagg. What kind of power do you make?
Old 02-08-2002, 08:11 PM
tecart
Pro

not much lag as compared to the k27#7 dr turbo i had from powerhaus its about the same, but i really havent tapped its potential due to it needing a lot of fuel at full throttle but it seems to add 20 horses over the k-27 but if the fuel is gotton right i bet 20 more will be had at the same boost as now ill let ya know when i put the bigger injectors in also i still need my above questions about Ohms and high **** setting power output answered if anyone didnt know thanks
Old 02-09-2002, 02:34 AM
IanM
Burning Brakes

check your email

Quick Reply: What size injectors do you run? I'm going lean and need Help