Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

dyno day results!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2002, 12:08 AM
Paul Bloomberg
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry dyno day results!

The Az region. had a dyno day at Technodyne this morning. My results were less than expected. My 2.5 944t made 320 RWHP with the boost at 20psi, AFM was OK. The last time I ran 330, Chris thought something wasn't right. He suggested some new system he has with bigger injectors/programming. I'll go for it when they have a little more time Technodyne is busy getting ready for the 24HRS of Daytona.
FYI
Boxster S=220RWHP
944 n/a=120
Boxster=180
911 2.4=140
914 2.0=97
Old 01-27-2002, 09:40 AM
Sean951
Track Day

Paul what mods do you have in your 944t?

Sean
Old 01-27-2002, 09:54 AM
Paul Bloomberg
Pro

MAF,3 bar reg.,K27#8,mod.IC,hard pipes,pnp
Old 01-27-2002, 10:11 AM
Paul Bloomberg
Pro

MAF,3 bar reg.,K27#8,mod.IC,hard pipes,pnp o-ringed head,jet hot coated headers, b and B full exhaust,LBE (easier to adjust than changing bj restrictor), at least 100 octane, 19-20psi. weltmiester sway bars, eibach springs, heavier torsion bars, adj. bilsteins frt, bilsteins rr, BIG tires.
I lost at least 10-15 Hp from my last dyno session!The only changes to the car were the mod. IC.
Plug wires and dist. car are about a year old but low miles. When Technodyne gets back from Daytona they will figure it out. He said something about slightly larger injectors with something else that won't kill the bottom end and still be good up top. Paul
Old 01-27-2002, 07:53 PM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

which MAF do you use? Settings?

Konstantin
Old 01-27-2002, 09:49 PM
Paul Bloomberg
Pro

It is a Auto Authority. I don't know about any settings for it. The new setup is probably like some of the newer MAF's that you can adjust. So you can use bigger injectors w/out the low end prob's. It will add adjustment to my MAF.(mine is prob. old tech). So I get injectors, piggyback thing-a-ma-jiggy, new chip, oh ya swap my 3-bar reg. back to the stock reg. I think that is it.
Old 01-28-2002, 01:41 PM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

you need an adj FPR to tune it right.

Well APE is the only MAF that I wouldn't buy. It is not alot that you can adjust with it.

<a href="http://www.968turbo.de/kosMAF.html" target="_blank">http://www.968turbo.de/kosMAF.html</a>

Konstantin
Old 01-28-2002, 06:16 PM
Paul Bloomberg
Pro

Konstantin,
Your link shows what was on the car that I was told would help my car.(I can't read German) It has a two pot adj. on it(idle-high). Are you saying this is not the recommended way to go? I also was out at Powerhaus today and he told me to get some 52# injectors and put the 2.5 bar regulator back on and I will realize a gain. I still don't understand how bigger injectors will give me more HP/torque if my A/F is fine at 19-20psi? Also what is difference between a K27#8 hybrid and a Huntley stage 3? With my car tuned up making 330RWHP everyone else seem to be making 20-30 hp more with less boost what's up?
Thanks,
Paul
Old 01-28-2002, 06:53 PM
IanM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's nothing wrong with 330rwhp!! My car has a Huntley Stage 2 turbo, and it's supposed to make around 340hp at 20psi of boost. The K27#8 is quite a bit different than an HR Stg2. The HR turbo is actually a Garrett hybrid, with a T04E compressor side (50 trim), and a #8 exhaust housing. I'm no turbo expert, but I've been told that the Garrett hybrids are more modern and efficient turbos than the KKK's. I've got 52 lb/hr injectors, and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. My MAF has an ARC2 fuel controller, so I can dial in my fuel curve. My fuel pressure is set at 36psi, so a 2.5 bar regulator is about what you need. I'd personally get an adjustable regulator over a fixed one. Did you monitor air:fuel ratios on the dyno? Are you at 12.5:1 under boost? If your A/F is where it's supposed to be throughout the rev range, then bigger injectors won't give you any more power. I suspect you're getting lean at high rpms, which is what was happening to me with the stock injectors.
Old 01-28-2002, 11:30 PM
Paul Bloomberg
Pro

I don't have the a/f #'s but it was getting a little lean up top. I am going to go with the bigger injectors/MAF mods that Technodyne suggested. It should be safer as I'm sure the stock ones prob. max out real quick.
thanks,
Paul
Old 01-30-2002, 03:08 AM
pig4bill
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Change your air filter element lately? The Phoenix dust can be deceptive. I remember changing my air filter element at a gas station in town, and it was noticeably clogged (could tell by the induction sound) by the time I had driven the 25 miles or so out to PIR for a DE.
Old 01-30-2002, 11:16 AM
Paul Bloomberg
Pro

Question

I cleaned the filter afterwards. I couldn't do it while at the dyno to many people waiting. I am going to put on bigger injectors/MAF mods. I currently have a K27#8 hybrid, what would be a step up? I plan staying a 2.5ltrs.
Old 01-30-2002, 08:26 PM
Konstantin
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

@ paul
This look similar but this is not what you have for sure since you can not buy this stuff at any place.
The differenc eis not only tha the adjustability is better and that is bigger with almost no restriction. The good thing is teh MAF will be calibrated for your specific car and comes also witha set of chips specific for your car. You say your FPR, Injectors, engine etc and everything comes ready for your engine. You do not have to be a pro tuner to adjust it right because it is adjusted. You "may" have to fine tune it only. thsi kit made 350 Hp on teh wheel and this was at 18 PSI and with a small leak in the intake.
the Bigger Turbo kelps beause even if you go very high (like) 25 PSI your k27 will not make much more power. The Turbo runs out of efficiency after a given RPM and boost. A bigger Turbo still has a good efficiency at the same turbo RPM. i.e. the k26 at 1 bar is a s powerfull as teh k27 at 0.7 bar.
If you want a good Turbo you can have one like the one on the page I gave you. You will also get cheaper than everywhere alse and it is by far the best and biggest Turbo you can install in teh 951.

Injectors. If you go to bigger Injectors you can lower four FPR. Thsi is good for teh injectors as bigger injector will runn cooler but they do not make more power. They only make more power if the stock one can not delivery enough fuel or if tehy runn at 100% all teh time at WOT. (it should be ~80%)

I never saw a k27 higher than 330 HP and that is the limit for this Turbo.
I wouldn't hear to Powerhouse but teh technodyne guy Chris knows a lot about these cars. He can tune it right if he has teh time.

Konstantin

Quick Reply: dyno day results!