Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Going in for timing belt/rollers/front seal (also bought a 2000 C5 Vette)

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 11:45 AM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by piperporsche180944
Agreed!

It would be nice to see what a modified 951 would get in the mile. I trap 111mph in the 1/4 at 15lbs... Either way, we need to get this planned!
my guess...145
Old 07-27-2011, 01:09 PM
piperporsche180944
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by racerxrick
my guess...145
If we actually participate id have to run at least 20lbs :P
Old 07-27-2011, 01:33 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by piperporsche180944
If we actually participate id have to run at least 20lbs :P
I understand the registration fills up quick. Don't know the safety rules, not planning to jump into this soon. Would be interested in going to spectate...I think I'd be slack jawed.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:03 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

congrats (for your son) on the new car. i know how he feels

probably the same when my dad told me he bought me a 944 turbo when i was looking for an na/s2.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:22 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Paulyy
congrats (for your son) on the new car. i know how he feels

probably the same when my dad told me he bought me a 944 turbo when i was looking for an na/s2.
nice...!

Thanks
Old 07-27-2011, 08:47 PM
Scott H
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by racerxrick
If it was going to be mine...she'd get a set of rear gears in a hurry. It is geared verrrry looooonnng.

I didn't realize those side moldings were anything other than stock. And the passenger side has a bunch of nicks with touch up. Good thing they have been on there! The car has a lot of touch up/scratches/scuffs but is mechanically sound and looks really great from 10 feet!

The car has the following options:

Memory Package
Power Passenger Seat
Body Side Moldings
Dual Zone Air Conditioning
Selective Real Time Damping
Active Handling System (will help keep him safe...if "on")
6-Speed Manual Transmission
Telescopic Steering, Power
Fog Lamps
Bose Speaker Package
Front License Plate Frame (in the trunk!)

I don't know if it has the sport seats..wouldn't know the difference?
Side moldings were an option. I have mine in a bag in the closet, you can remove them with some heat, 3M adhesive remover and some heavy gauge fishing line. I luckily haven't had a door ding yet, just some rock chips because of highway construction

I think the sport seats looked exactly the same, only you could inflate/deflate bolsters in the seat via 3 switches on the side of the seat. Good idea, bad in practice. The plastic air bladders have a tendency to crack around the 10 year mark and become unusable. Most people never replace it as it's an expensive service and a pain the butt to DIY, so you aren't missing out on much. The PO said mine worked until he had it serviced for some seat rail issue; I assume the tech didn't hook it back up.

And I know what you mean about the gearing. I would have stuck a 3.91 rear end in there (stock is 3.42, a 3.91 will effectively match the gearing of the Z06 box) months ago if I wasn't in the middle of modding the 951/didn't have to rely on the C5 everyday. I'm eying some upgrades (headers, cam, intake manifold, valvetrain, heads, misc. supporting mods) for when I'm done with the 951 project. It's tempting to just sell the 951 now and go full-on into the C5 because I know in the end I will end up with a much more capable car for much less money, but damn if boost isn't addictive!

In the mean time I'm looking at some suspension upgrades I can do to liven up the car on the cheap. C6 Z06 shocks and C6 Z51 swaybars. The grand total for all this? $450. That's 4 shocks, 2 swaybars, and free poly bushings. The C5 is really the performance bargain of the decade.

Quick Reply: Going in for timing belt/rollers/front seal (also bought a 2000 C5 Vette)