Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Cut slots in Front(badge) panel

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2002, 12:23 PM
lou951
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is an alternate view. One option that I considered was the installation of the factory vented panel from the 924 turbo. It will look nice and is factory.

Old 01-27-2002, 06:22 PM
keith
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The 931 panel will not fit. It is too short.
(well, it could be made to fit with some cutting and welding, or course..)
Old 02-01-2002, 02:11 PM
Alpine951
Drifting

Its me again. this may be a double post because I had a computer problem. Dam, I forgot was I said. Oh yeah......

One of the issues I have thought about in doing this mod is the location of the IC to the radiator. You can increase the frontal flow to the IC with unobstructed air, but put cardboard on the back of the IC and it won't matter if you vent the nose panel. The air has to be able to flow out the back of the IC without obstruction as well. Doesn't the radiator and the brackets prevent this from happening. Isn't this why Porsche vented the rear of the IC on the 968 turbo's. I have also wondered about whether the air can then exit the engine bay because it is so cramped in there. this factor will also prevent air from freely flowing through the IC. I hope Porsche deigned this into the engine bay, but have never seen anyone address this.
Old 02-01-2002, 02:55 PM
JGriff
Racer

[quote]Originally posted by JGriff:
<strong>

Thanks.

Yesterday, I removed the nose piece. It is indeed fiberglass. So... you are probably correct... it was probably bought from Performance Products (unless someone else also sells them).

I am planning on installing an OEM Porsche hood crest on it... hopefully today.

BTW, I swiss-cheesed my airbox yesterday. FWIW, I posted some pics in a post on the Pelican forum (since the images can be embedded in the post).

Here's the URL:

<a href="http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58056" target="_blank">S2 airbox mod</a>

Jim</strong><hr></blockquote>

And here's the webpage that I recently put up regarding the airbox mod. At the same time, I also put a Porsche hood crest on the fiberglass nose panel.

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/4475/Porsche/airboxmod.html" target="_blank">S2 OEM Airbox Mod</a>

Jim
Old 02-25-2002, 06:26 AM
pikey7
Drifting

Just to dig this old post up again.........

I have a router attachment for my Dremel, that I've actually been using to cut up thin sheets for my Girlfriends etching hobby. Should be pretty good for cutting nosecone slots aswell!

I'm either gonna try this, or...

Has anyone tried the GT racing nosecone? Does it fit better that the Perfomance products one??

Quick Reply: Cut slots in Front(badge) panel