Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Just Ordered A-Tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 05:32 PM
slap929
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rogue... Thank you. I haven't bought your product yet, but I am glad to see you "throw your hat in the ring". Good luck with it and thank you again for giving our small niche group something else.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:59 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Tedro951
I ran into a 951 near my place the other night. Actually found the owner in the pub across the street. I ordered a calzone and 20oz PBR. He owns a shop that specializes in euro cars, and has done the partial resto on his barn find. His next upgrade? "Autothority has chips that will give it 330 HP".

What the hell was I going to say after that?

Moral to this story? No one is making a living selling 951 MAF kits, and as long as there are websites, many will buy randomly.
Ok two questions, is Autothory still doing stuff for the 951 and 330 with just "chips" ? Did the guy look like he was on crack? OK three questions!
Old 04-14-2011, 06:05 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
I'm fairly certain the Rogue stuff does NOT include boost control through the stock CV anymore (or does it? Can someone comment for sure?) So you'll need some sort of boost control.

The 3-bar FPR is a Bosch unit used on some BMWs I believe. I have the part number at home, I can post it back here tonight after work if someone doesn't get to it first. Most of the standard vendors stock them (Lindsey, Pelican, etc.) and you should be able to order it from most typical car parts places that carry or can order Bosch stuff. That or just search through the "for sale" section - they pop up every now and again. My first 3-bar FPR I bought off of a fellow Rennlister. My 2nd one (when I was incorrectly convinced my first one was faulty) I bought from a local parts place.
Hmm do those things fail? The nut backed off on my 3 Bar FPr So I'm installing an in cabin FP Gauge, i bought an add on gauge an then discovered that my Zetronic can monitor FP!
Old 04-14-2011, 06:17 PM
Tedro951
Three Wheelin'

LOL He's just a normal dude, and has probably changed thousands of 944 T belts. A little out of touch thinking he'll get 330 HP from a 26/6 on nothing more than a chip change. I didnt bother to explain that gate shim, FPR, and cat delete still wont get there...

It looks like Autothority is still in business.

Now back to ATune
Old 04-14-2011, 06:29 PM
slap929
Pro

Lols, Autothority. Good for the early 90's.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:36 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by slap929
Lols, Autothority. Good for the early 90's.
right? the 90's called. they want their chip back...
Old 04-14-2011, 08:11 PM
CyCloNe!
Race Car

Received 121 Likes on 103 Posts

well 330hp=280whp that's possible with a k26/6 but not with just chips
Old 04-14-2011, 08:41 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

agreed.
Old 04-14-2011, 10:55 PM
Supachink
Racer

Can the maf be run as a blow through before the throttle body as to be able to dump unmetered air properly? or does this not matter because of the whole map condition for the dme to read boost?
Old 04-14-2011, 10:58 PM
AScholtes
Pro

SO... Im thinking that the A-Tune may be in my future as it will meet my performance needs..... so, now it's a matter of when...
Old 04-14-2011, 11:23 PM
rocketrider2
Racer

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
I'm fairly certain the Rogue stuff does NOT include boost control through the stock CV anymore (or does it? Can someone comment for sure?) So you'll need some sort of boost control.

The 3-bar FPR is a Bosch unit used on some BMWs I believe. I have the part number at home, I can post it back here tonight after work if someone doesn't get to it first. Most of the standard vendors stock them (Lindsey, Pelican, etc.) and you should be able to order it from most typical car parts places that carry or can order Bosch stuff. That or just search through the "for sale" section - they pop up every now and again. My first 3-bar FPR I bought off of a fellow Rennlister. My 2nd one (when I was incorrectly convinced my first one was faulty) I bought from a local parts place.
OK. So in addition to the A-tune and 3 bar FPR, will I need something to control boost? I'm not looking to get mad horsepower, I just want to improve on stock delivery and maybe get a few more horsies. Ok so teach me the ways of the force here guys.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:10 AM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Default Thank you!

Thank you everyone for the comments and excitement!

The 944 community is one that I have had the privilege of being a part of for quite a while. The purpose of me putting together my kits, is and always has been, to provide the community with a reasonably priced MAF option, that works great and delivers on its promises.

Now to answer some of the questions that came up:

Re: comparisons.
- Dyno comparisons are coming soon! Unfortunately the dyno doesn't really quantify the improved drivability, but for the sake of comparison, we are doing dyno comparisons.

Re: ease of use.
- The A-Tune require wiring in the MAP sensor, which is only three wires, and changing the DME chip.
- The M-Tune uses the same MAP sensor (and thus wiring). But, the MAF comes with all necessary hardware, couplers, clamps, and air filter, AND plug-n-play wiring. There is no wiring needed for the MAF, we provide a jumper harness that plugs into the stock AFM plug. Furthermore, with True-MAF software, MAP, and 3-Dimensional tuning the M-Tune is 95-97% on right out of the box. So minimal end-user requirements.

Re: A-Tune upgrade to MAF.
- The A-Tune upgrade course is the M-Tune. I designed the kits to use the same hardware, this way it provides a clear and easy path for future growth.

Re: C-Tune.
- This is a True-MAF solution similar to the M-Tune, but is setup for the Lightning MAF sensor... Because I'm not supplying the MAF hardware, there is more required on the end-user. And frankly, this route is not something I am suggesting for most. Because I'm not supplying the MAF and associated hardware, I have no quality control over these items. This can present problems that can be frustrating to both parties...

Re: Stock CV use.
- The A-Tune you can still use the stock CV to control boost, but we definitely suggest a manual or electronic boost controller. Either will provide increase in performance by reducing the spool time of your turbo.

Re: A-Tune requirements.
- The A-Tune is designed to use the stock injectors and a 3bar FPR. I also suggest having your injectors professionally cleaned, and ensure your fuel system is in good condition. Not enough fuel is one of the quickest ways to destroy an engine.c
Old 04-15-2011, 08:50 AM
Mark-87-951
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CyCloNe!
Couldn't have done it without ya

Got my k27 cold side housing, wheel and back plate in yesterday... Now I just need to get a cheap k26/6 with a good hot side and turbine and I can make my k27/6
Where did you get those or are you the one who beat me on ebay? ;p lol
Old 04-15-2011, 09:54 AM
CyCloNe!
Race Car

Received 121 Likes on 103 Posts

^ lol I did get them on ebay... I the seller had a buy it now and I went for it... was like 190 plus 20 for shipping. At that price I had to give it a shot, since k27's are usually around 450+ I could make one for 300-350
Old 04-15-2011, 10:28 AM
86 951 Driver
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
Thank you everyone for the comments and excitement!

The 944 community is one that I have had the privilege of being a part of for quite a while. The purpose of me putting together my kits, is and always has been, to provide the community with a reasonably priced MAF option, that works great and delivers on its promises.

Now to answer some of the questions that came up:

Re: comparisons.
- Dyno comparisons are coming soon! Unfortunately the dyno doesn't really quantify the improved drivability, but for the sake of comparison, we are doing dyno comparisons.

Re: ease of use.
- The A-Tune require wiring in the MAP sensor, which is only three wires, and changing the DME chip.
- The M-Tune uses the same MAP sensor (and thus wiring). But, the MAF comes with all necessary hardware, couplers, clamps, and air filter, AND plug-n-play wiring. There is no wiring needed for the MAF, we provide a jumper harness that plugs into the stock AFM plug. Furthermore, with True-MAF software, MAP, and 3-Dimensional tuning the M-Tune is 95-97% on right out of the box. So minimal end-user requirements.

Re: A-Tune upgrade to MAF.
- The A-Tune upgrade course is the M-Tune. I designed the kits to use the same hardware, this way it provides a clear and easy path for future growth.

Re: C-Tune.
- This is a True-MAF solution similar to the M-Tune, but is setup for the Lightning MAF sensor... Because I'm not supplying the MAF hardware, there is more required on the end-user. And frankly, this route is not something I am suggesting for most. Because I'm not supplying the MAF and associated hardware, I have no quality control over these items. This can present problems that can be frustrating to both parties...

Re: Stock CV use.
- The A-Tune you can still use the stock CV to control boost, but we definitely suggest a manual or electronic boost controller. Either will provide increase in performance by reducing the spool time of your turbo.

Re: A-Tune requirements.
- The A-Tune is designed to use the stock injectors and a 3bar FPR. I also suggest having your injectors professionally cleaned, and ensure your fuel system is in good condition. Not enough fuel is one of the quickest ways to destroy an engine.c
Thanks for the general recap of the products. My question is about the A-Tune to MAF upgrade. I would like to get a MAF eventually how is the A-Tune upgradeable to MAF?

Quick Reply: Just Ordered A-Tune