Advice needed: Have LEDA and Bilsteins coilovers must choose

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011, 10:12 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Duke
Reliability is a big difference here. Bilstein have panzerwagen reliability while the Leda's need regular rebuilds. But if you want to as quick as possible on the track I would take the Leda setup due to the adjustability. The Bilstein setup is IMHO better suited if you it's street car you take on occasional track days and don't want to tinker with the setup.
I agree completely. Too many people want all of the bells and whistles for their street cars, but never use them, which is fine. However, most would be better off and spend less money for a set of Bilsteins or Koni's and will never maximize them.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:13 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by robstah
I my own opinion, I do find that to be too low for the rear. Plus, it's not the spring that creates the harsh ride, it's the damper.

My only problem with the adjust-ability paradox is I have seen so many drivers, from amateur to professional, sit there and fiddle with their suspension. A whole season goes by and nothing was really established and consistent. If anything, having less adjustment will only do better for the driver, unless we are talking professional racing teams with actual people outside of the driver making the adjustments.
Fair enough. I really liked mine.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:27 PM
schip43
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
I agree completely. Too many people want all of the bells and whistles for their street cars, but never use them, which is fine. However, most would be better off and spend less money for a set of Bilsteins or Koni's and will never maximize them.
Get out of my head!

Yep I have Dbl Adj Koni's Camber Plate's and a Welt and MO30,Adj rear sway bar,the **** for the Koni front is the only thing I've ever changed! But it's better to have and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
Old 04-11-2011, 02:36 AM
StyleLab
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks for all the comments guys. I like the potential reliability of the Bilsteins and may give them a try when I get a minute.

Stephane, I am running at the very bottom of the settings but will try running a higher setting. I may need to borrow your c spanner wrenches if you don't mind.

-Nick

Quick Reply: Advice needed: Have LEDA and Bilsteins coilovers must choose