Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Need information!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2003, 01:55 AM
rcldesign
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Need information!!

I'm getting widebody fenders for my 951, and I'm going to be converting from the US sidemarkers to the euro ones - which are on the fenders instead of the bumber. So, I need to know where to drill the holes.

If someone wants to give draw me a nifty picture of where the holes are - with precise measurements - I could arrange for you to receive say, $20 for your troubles. Anyone can email me at chris@rcldesign.com and we can work out a deal.
Old 01-22-2003, 03:07 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
euro fenders does not have side markers.They are blinkers.I have never seen these blinkers used as a side marker.Check out pic of my car.It's US spec car with blinkers (mandatory here).Blinker units are the same as Golf II has.Several different colors available.I have clear,black,white & amber units.It takes about 30 seconds to change these.
Old 01-22-2003, 03:13 AM
PorscheG96
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What about measurements?

Is it above/below/DIRECTLY ON TOP of the ridge that runs horizontally on the doors? Is it directly in line with the door moulding? Is it directly in the middle of the wheel well and the line where the door hinges? How about a measurement from the bottom of the rocker to the bottom of the blinker, and from the door hinge to the back side of the blinker?
Old 01-22-2003, 03:24 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

i can check it out.Got to go my garage to make some measurements.
Old 01-22-2003, 07:23 AM
rcldesign
Racer

Ok... well, I'll ditch the US sidemarkers and implement the euro side blinker solution... I would be interested in clear lenses for them. Let me know what your prices are for those...
Old 01-22-2003, 07:57 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Let me know what your prices are for those... </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">i don't sell these blinkers.I just have several different colors for my own use.Usually these blinker units cost about 10-20$ pair.All well equiped speed shops have them (at least in europe)
Old 01-22-2003, 03:21 PM
rcldesign
Racer

I have the blinkers themselves... I'm looking for the lenses
Old 01-22-2003, 06:03 PM
sybelix
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by Olli Snellman:
I just have several different colors for my own use.Usually these blinker units cost about 10-20$ pair.All well equiped speed shops have them (at least in europe)[/QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">I'm getting mine ( white ) tomorrow,
29 € ( =same in US$ ) a pair, a bit expensive, I think. But they are legal.
Made by Hella, I guess.
Old 01-24-2003, 02:07 AM
rcldesign
Racer

Ok, my fenders are coming from A.I.R. no later than Tuesday, and my euro blinker thinggies are sittinig here in front of me... I need measurements, people!

Quick Reply: Need information!!