bang for buck EBC

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2011, 04:55 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default bang for buck EBC

Yes i know theres alot of EBC threads out here, but all i've seen is ones from 6+ years ago and not alot of help now.

I'm thinking about buying one. nothing cheap and crap and nothing over the top.

right now i like this one. for $350 AUD

GFB G-Force
For some reason they don't have specs on their website but here they are:
* Controls Boost Pressures up to 50 PSI
* Scramble Boost with remote trigger (program a timed boost increase for that extra edge when needed)
* Spike-Stop feature eliminates boost spike
* Open or Closed loop operation (closed loop logic helps prevent boost variations that can occur in different gears, RPM ranges and atomospheric conditions)
* Over-Boost warning (user adjustable warning to indicate if the boost pressure is too high)
* Displays boost in psi, kPa, or bar
* Comes in rugged billet aluminum casing

But i don't know where to mount it. Ideas will be great

Then i was looking at Turbo Smart E boost street but it's $400 aud and it dosn't really do much But i would mount that one in the glove box.

Also same with the greddy profec b II Id mount it in the glove box but i don't know much info about this one. all i konw its roughlt $360 AUD

Old 03-10-2011, 09:35 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bang for your buck is to buy one that is used.

Or DIY

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=ele...ost+controller
Old 03-10-2011, 10:17 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

I don't want to by used because usualy the boost solenoids are always broken. i've heard alot of them stories and i don't want to tell one my self.
Old 03-10-2011, 11:28 PM
Iridium
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 39 Posts

The last time I saw a bunch of controllers tested, this Blitz unit produced the fastest boost curve and sharpest cut-off once peak boost was reached. http://www.blitzpowerusa.com/products/sbcid/sbcid.html

I have one and once I hit max boost it is simply a flat line instantly.There are some odd setup things about it, like it's scramble boost isn't scramble boost (push to win) at all. But I was looking for the sharpest, best control possible and in my case the performance matched what one of the mags (grassroots IIRC) got.

The thing that drives me NUTS is that I have never found a stand alone boost controller that would allow you to map boost against the throttle position sensors. It's what kills driveability compared to OEM or full stand-alone systems like MOTEC. We just get full boost, all the time, rather than being able to give 50% throttle and get 50% boost...
Old 03-11-2011, 12:08 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

That one dosn't look to bad. do you remember where you found the test? if so please post

If that was possible with an EBC it would cost quite abit
Old 03-11-2011, 12:11 AM
pole position
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AEM Tru Boost
Old 03-11-2011, 03:47 AM
StyleLab
Burning Brakes

I have turbosmart e-boost with a tial 38 mm and 0.8 bar spring and it does all the things you mentioned. There is however a bit of a learning curve before you get everything right. YMMV

-Nick
Old 03-11-2011, 06:01 AM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by StyleLab
I have turbosmart e-boost with a tial 38 mm and 0.8 bar spring and it does all the things you mentioned. There is however a bit of a learning curve before you get everything right. YMMV

-Nick
Eboost street or Eboost 2?
Old 03-11-2011, 09:44 PM
2bridges
Drifting

Originally Posted by pole position
AEM Tru Boost
X2

nice budget unit with all the key add on features - multiple boost settings, overboost alarm and control, etc,etc
Old 03-11-2011, 10:18 PM
StyleLab
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Paulyy
Eboost street or Eboost 2?
Oops sorry I have the eboost 2 and not the eboost street.

-Nick
Old 03-11-2011, 10:49 PM
Mighty Shilling
Wax On, Wax Off
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Iridium
The last time I saw a bunch of controllers tested, this Blitz unit produced the fastest boost curve and sharpest cut-off once peak boost was reached. http://www.blitzpowerusa.com/products/sbcid/sbcid.html

I have one and once I hit max boost it is simply a flat line instantly.There are some odd setup things about it, like it's scramble boost isn't scramble boost (push to win) at all. But I was looking for the sharpest, best control possible and in my case the performance matched what one of the mags (grassroots IIRC) got.

The thing that drives me NUTS is that I have never found a stand alone boost controller that would allow you to map boost against the throttle position sensors. It's what kills driveability compared to OEM or full stand-alone systems like MOTEC. We just get full boost, all the time, rather than being able to give 50% throttle and get 50% boost...

+1. this is the boost controller that I use.
Old 03-12-2011, 09:46 AM
mwc951
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Yep...LOVE the Blitz SBC-iD. $250 used on eBay-IIRC.
Attached Images  
Old 03-12-2011, 10:16 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

The eBoost2 does some pretty nice stuff. Its very programmable – which is nice once you figure it out and a real learning curve if you are not a control freak!

My favorite set up is the up / down external button boost control. I have a Momo steering wheel with two buttons (one on each spoke) that are programmed for 1.5 lb steps. I can keep pressing the right button for more boost in 1.5 psi steps from 10 psi (‘wet’ setting) to 19psi. The left button deceases the boost in the same manner.

I also like the round format, it fits in much better than the odd shaped add on boxes. While I do like the display info in some of the other boost controllers that is no way to make them look ‘nice’ (a matter of taste of course!)

In the interest of full disclosure – I am a turbo smart dealer…but only because I decided I like it the best! If anybody is interested in their products please let me know. chris@944enhancement.com
Old 03-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Richgreenster
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

AEM's true boost is cool if you need a boost guage with it. SMT6 will also control the exact same solenoid.
Old 03-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Paulyy
Professional Hoon
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chris White
The eBoost2 does some pretty nice stuff. Its very programmable – which is nice once you figure it out and a real learning curve if you are not a control freak!

My favorite set up is the up / down external button boost control. I have a Momo steering wheel with two buttons (one on each spoke) that are programmed for 1.5 lb steps. I can keep pressing the right button for more boost in 1.5 psi steps from 10 psi (‘wet’ setting) to 19psi. The left button deceases the boost in the same manner.

I also like the round format, it fits in much better than the odd shaped add on boxes. While I do like the display info in some of the other boost controllers that is no way to make them look ‘nice’ (a matter of taste of course!)

In the interest of full disclosure – I am a turbo smart dealer…but only because I decided I like it the best! If anybody is interested in their products please let me know. chris@944enhancement.com
I was thinking about the Eboost2. alot of guys run them here in aus.
we have some quality products made in aus huh chris
where did you mount yours?

Quick Reply: bang for buck EBC