Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Made up my mind Im going with a Garrett GT!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2003, 11:05 AM
DFASTEST951
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Whoa, you guys get up early...968TurboS, If you want to see a dyno, check out the website. Also I met a great guy named Paul Bloomberg there and he witnessed it. He's on here all the time. He'll vouce for it as he dynoed his car too. I would take a pic of my car over 190 as I have done 193-194mph before, but Steve Lavigne already figured it out. Steve, What do you do for a living if you don't mind me asking. I could never have figured that out. I just wanted to see what it would do, and that's what it did. I run 18's on the car. That just blows my mind how you calculated that.
Tony, do you have some beef with David at Powerhaus?
Why the hate mail. We're just here doin a little smack talking. If I offended you, I'm sorry. 21psi is nothing. David has the same motor in his car with almost 100k on it, daily driver. Drives it to the track and back. He's been doing this since 87'.
The car will last. He said that for my benefit. I've blown a few motors. All my fault. That's all.
I can also assure you he has not gotten wealthy off of my money. I'm sure Turbo Tim can relate. It's just a business of people helping people achieve better performing cars that share the same passion for them that we do. We're all lucky to have these tuners out there for us. Oh, and Kurt's motor? I don't know him but that is also impressive numbers. Compare his tq to mine though and I still have him by a fair amount. Again, I will outpull it.
Turbo Tim, look what you stirred up! Nice goin man! I'm just playin'. I'm thinking about your offer. Thing is I may be giving the car away in a raffle with a portion of proceeds to go to a childrens charity. Anyway, I'll let you know or let me know if you get a bunch of people to go. Tony, don't get me wrong, I'll say it again, you have a hell of a 2.5. The best I've seen. I'm just sayin if we meet, you'll be lucky to read my license plates after 100 mph. Also, my car is more powerfull than what the dyno said. About 1200 miles later I felt the motor set a bit more and had to turn down the boost. I'm glad I don't have the 9-5 job and live a stress free life in that sense. It's Friday man, take it easy, the weekend is here. Relax, have a beer, take out a pretty girl. Or come to Vegas, I don't drink but I'll buy the beer and I'll hook up the girl as I said before. You crack me up...but I'll still whoop your ***... and my daddy can whip your daddy's *** too. And my...I'm just playin'
Old 06-27-2003, 12:31 PM
evil 944t
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey dfastest951..when are you raffling the car..I'm coming out that way soon..I'll buy some tickets!!
Old 06-27-2003, 01:04 PM
J Chen
Drifting

Hey Tony,
With so much power being made, would'nt the cross
overpipe now be the bottle neck ? I don't recall
anyone talking about increasing the diameter
of the pipe to combat back pressure.
Since there is a limited amount of mods that can
be done for the exhaust port of the 951 head
to increase flow, why not use the NA heads ?
Old 06-27-2003, 01:09 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
J Chen

I am using a highly modified N/A head.

And the cross over is a tad larger than stock.
Old 06-27-2003, 01:12 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

DFAST951

I've got no beef with David at Powerhaus. In fact, I refer a lot of people over there for his head & K27/6 turbo combo for street cars.

I just read that and it sounded like he was blowing wind up your skirt!

And I'm sure your car is faster. Heck... it better be for the additional $10k+ you have into the motor!
Old 06-27-2003, 02:19 PM
J Chen
Drifting

Hi Tony,
Guess you're the first to address these problems.
Congrats. By the way, if I use the the 60-1 hifi
on my 951 running at 15-16 psi,do you think it
will be a pig to drive ? Any recomendations for
a really good turbo besides this ?
Thanks Tony
Old 06-27-2003, 03:39 PM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

J Chen

The lag, and when the turbo spool will be a function more of the exhaust housing and the turbine wheel.

The turbo that Sean is selling will drive very much like a TurboS stock turbo (at least with respect to spool up).

Quick Reply: Made up my mind Im going with a Garrett GT!