Thumbs up for TPC customer service

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2011, 05:36 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 599 Posts
Default Thumbs up for TPC customer service

As most of you know Eric from Texas Performance Concepts finished my LS1 swap project. Prior to doing some track shakedown runs I noticed that my hot oil pressures were not as robust as I felt comfortable with. I discussed this with Eric who suggested we check the infamous pickup tube O-ring. He volunteered to come R&R my oil pan and install his new pickup tube reinforcement collar.

The existing pickup tube has one mounting flange despite the fact that the block has been factory drilled for 2 retainer bolts. He engineered a simple collar to utilize the second bolt and give more positive clamping to the tube. You can see it on this picture as mounted:

At the same time we changed to a Melling high volume and pressure oil pump and now my pressures are beyond adequate. Hat's off to Eric at TPC
Old 02-26-2011, 12:22 AM
TX951
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad to hear you've got it sorted Gene. Have heard nothing but praise for Eric/TPC. He'll be getting some of my business in the future.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:17 AM
Max Energy
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Gene/Eric,
You all may want to install a spacer between the new flange and the block (same thickness as the factory flange thickess) to insure that it is bottomed square with the block.
Additionally by doing this it will have both the original and the added flange square along with minimizing the chances of the bolts from lossening.
I can't wait to see some of the videos.
Eric I will call you on Saturday
Max
225 573-0664
maxenergy@***.net
Old 02-26-2011, 01:48 AM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 648 Likes on 502 Posts

Old 02-26-2011, 08:46 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 599 Posts

Originally Posted by Max Energy
Gene/Eric,
You all may want to install a spacer between the new flange and the block (same thickness as the factory flange thickess) to insure that it is bottomed square with the block.
Additionally by doing this it will have both the original and the added flange square along with minimizing the chances of the bolts from lossening.
I can't wait to see some of the videos.
Eric I will call you on Saturday
Max
225 573-0664
maxenergy@***.net
Max we actually did shim it with washers to make it square. Unfortunately we did not grab a photo of the final install

Quick Reply: Thumbs up for TPC customer service