Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Quick Question: did 968's come in Champagne/Black interior?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 06:52 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gregeast
I think Ehall is right after looking at it again. Champignon is French for mushroom and is easily confused with champagne which of course is French for bubbly white wine...

And E, hope you're doing well!
Doing fine. Back in CONUS for a while. I have a blown HG, so I'm going to be tearing into the motor this coming week. No biggie, I hope. I have a new head with some porting etc, to put on the car.
Old 02-12-2011, 11:45 PM
ausgeflippt951
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ehall
yes, but linen is basically white with just a faint hint of beige, if that makes any sense.
Champagne and Cashmere are the same color. Greg's car is that color. The dye he used was SEM Palomino. It's a perfect match for Champagne/Cashmere. I did the same. My old 86 was black/champignon.
I'm going to guess that the similarity in the two names is what made Porsche change "champaign" to "cashmere".
After giving your post prior to this some more thought, this was the conclusion I came to -- thank you for the clarification -- looks like I've been living a lie this whole time...

I can understand why porsche used the french word for mushroom -- the German word for it doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

So I guess a more apt rephrase to my original question should be: "did 968's come in champignon/black?"
Old 02-13-2011, 02:08 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

I've never seen one, BUT....

I guess one could have been ordered that way. Check Clarks-garage. The GSM has a section with codes. It may be in that info. Also post to the 968 board.

I went to cashmere because it very closely resemble both Ferrari and Astin Martin's old leather and current leather interiors. BTW, I died black panels with SEM and it looks as good as Greg's. I will some day send it all for leather.

Quick Reply: Quick Question: did 968's come in Champagne/Black interior?