Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

SOLD Forclosure sale(not mine) FS 3.0 ltr stuff 968 block,S2 crank,2.7 8v head SOLD

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2010, 05:51 AM
FASTRNU
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SOLD Forclosure sale(not mine) FS 3.0 ltr stuff 968 block,S2 crank,2.7 8v head SOLD

I just found out the house I rent is being forclosed on.I got a paper posted on my house stating the owner/my landlord had stopped making payments on her house in May and I have less than 90 days to move.I have a 968 block,S2 crank and a 2.7ltr 8v head that I bought 18mnths ago for a 3.0 that I was going to build.I need to come up w/1st,last and deposit on a new place fast and I'm willing to let these go for much less than I paid for them.I also know prices have dropped for these items in this economy.They are in great shape,not bored or machined in any way and I'd be happy to post or pm pics if there is anyone intrested.Reasonable offers welcome Thanks Joel
968 block w/ balance shafts and piston sqrts $700/offerSOLD S2 crankshaft $700/offerSOLD
2.7 ltr 8v head $600/0fferSOLD

Last edited by FASTRNU; 12-21-2010 at 11:45 PM. Reason: sold items
Old 12-21-2010, 05:57 AM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Too bad you couldn't get the money you paid for rent back, since your landlord obviously wasn't using it to pay the mortgage... Wow, though, tough luck man. Some people, I tell ya... Good luck with the sale and good luck on finding somewhere decent to live.

EDIT: At least you already have a decent enough machine as is.
Old 12-21-2010, 08:53 AM
Tedro951
Three Wheelin'

Paging Alex!! You're in Seattle and have a new job! This looks like fate/karma/my name is Earl type stuff!
Old 12-21-2010, 10:41 AM
gpr8er
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

FYI
Here in Cali there are tons of foreclosed homes on the market and as many or more that are just sitting. The banks don't want to put them on the market as yet to avoid further driving prices down.

I would suggest to you if you are not inclined to be moving, find the bank that holds the mortgage and contact them. It's in their best interest to have a tenant in the property to maintain it and to protect it from vandals. Tell them you will keep the property clean and make it available to prospective buyers anytime. Start talking and sometimes you can negotiate a better monthly rate than you're paying now. It's worth a shot if you don't want to move.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:08 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gpr8er
FYI
Here in Cali there are tons of foreclosed homes on the market and as many or more that are just sitting. The banks don't want to put them on the market as yet to avoid further driving prices down.

I would suggest to you if you are not inclined to be moving, find the bank that holds the mortgage and contact them. It's in their best interest to have a tenant in the property to maintain it and to protect it from vandals. Tell them you will keep the property clean and make it available to prospective buyers anytime. Start talking and sometimes you can negotiate a better monthly rate than you're paying now. It's worth a shot if you don't want to move.
Ask the bank if they will do a no-money-down short sale to you. The worst they can do is say no.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:41 PM
FASTRNU
Pro

Default THANKS EVERYONE

Thanks to the Rennlist community for all your PMs with offers and legal advice to this situation.Special thanks to vendors Mike Lindsey and Chris White for stepping in with back up plans for me.I sold the works to a local Rennlister who's ready to do something with it.I owe beers to alot of people if I ever make it to Fest. Happy Holidays Joel
Old 12-22-2010, 01:00 AM
smac951
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Some really good advice here! I hope it works out good for you. Merry Christmas!
Old 12-23-2010, 02:49 PM
alxdgr8
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Tedro951
Paging Alex!! You're in Seattle and have a new job! This looks like fate/karma/my name is Earl type stuff!
Damn, I was traveling back home to Indiana the day this was posted!
Good to see Joel got everything worked out though.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:40 AM
FASTRNU
Pro

Originally Posted by alxdgr8
Damn, I was traveling back home to Indiana the day this was posted!
Good to see Joel got everything worked out though.
Thanks Alex

Quick Reply: SOLD Forclosure sale(not mine) FS 3.0 ltr stuff 968 block,S2 crank,2.7 8v head SOLD