Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

LS1 kit suppliers, list of avaibale suppliers

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 03:25 PM
KSira
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts
Default LS1 kit suppliers, list of avaibale suppliers

I thought a thread with a list of the current LS1 kit suppliers would be nice. I'll go first with the obvious one:

www.renegadehybrids.com/

Feel free to fill in with suppliers and comments with experience.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:38 PM
VOoDOoGTX
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

putting a stroker kit in my truck that has a LQ4(LS bassed engine) looking at over 400whp when im done.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:39 PM
m73m95
Nordschleife Master

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't bother dealing with Renegade

944hybrids is where all of the useful information is now.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:57 PM
KSira
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by m73m95

Fore someone located in Europe, like me, ordering all the parts from one suppliers is easier, and probably much cheaper when shipping is added to the equation.
Old 12-06-2010, 05:45 PM
m73m95
Nordschleife Master

There is another vendor that posts on 944hybrids. He is in Texas, and from what I hear, and have seen, he does quality work. I cannot remember the company name.... but go to the link I gave you.

I know for sure there is at least 1 person on this forum that had his car built by the Texas company. It seemed to be pretty quality work when I saw it....hopefully he will post here.
Old 12-06-2010, 06:37 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 494 Likes on 330 Posts

That's my car that was built down in Texas, and another forum member is having his car built there right now.

You want to talk to Texas Performace Concepts, Eric Hill is the owner. Their website is www.944hybrids.com, they can get you everything you need for the swap.

Stay AWAY from www.944v8s.com. They're having extreme financial difficulties and have not been fulfilling orders or refunding money.

I'm very pleased with the work completed on my car, it runs great!
Old 12-06-2010, 07:10 PM
arthropraxis
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll second what Doc said.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:37 PM
Baptizo
This didn't cost
me any drachmas
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Yep, TPC are definitely the go-to-guys based on my research earlier this year when I found a LT-1 944 for sale locally and got up to speed on the conversion. The 944 hybrids site is where I found the most current information on the conversion. I also found a very nicely put together PDF on one of those sites but can't find it at the moment.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:58 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,176 Likes on 577 Posts

I will echo the sentiment of the others here. Eric at Texas Performance Concepts is a great resource. He is very conscious of price and value and is more enthusiast advocate than business mogul
Old 12-06-2010, 11:09 PM
rdanford
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eric is starting my swap....Great guy to deal with and knows his stuff!
Old 12-06-2010, 11:32 PM
968ls1
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Texas Performance Concepts

Deal with Eric at Texas Performance Concepts you will not be disappointed he sells quality parts at competitive prices. I have built many of the parts over the years to do my conversions and can attest that Eric is the best vendor out there hands down.
Old 12-07-2010, 01:27 AM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Huh?

I don't think so.

First... the DB of extensive conversion info resides where it always did.:

http://www.renegadehybrids.com/

That's where it started. And just because a couple of people pouted and took their sand toys and went play in another sand box doesn't mean that anything has changed.

Secondly... they by far, have the best kit available.

You may not like them, but their products work. And they work well.

I can fully attest to the quality and strength of their products in the 951 with a LS1 that I have raced competitively for over 5 years with zero problems.

You might save a buck or two by cobbling together your own kit. But for those of us where time = money.... And when your life is on the line racing with a conversion kit...... I'll stick to what's tried and true.

Saving a few bucks doesn't mean anything to me when my I put my life on the line every time I buckle in and go race.

Building a street car is one thing. Building a fast competitive race car is another.

Yeah....

And... I have never received 1 penny from Renegade Hybrids.

I just tell it like it is.

TonyG
Old 12-07-2010, 11:04 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 494 Likes on 330 Posts

I have some Renegade stuff on my car too, they make nice products. I'm not concerned with the "rift" or whatever, I just want what works for my car.

I've been very pleased with what TPC/Eric has done and I've been pleased with the products I've gotten from Renegade as well.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:23 PM
m73m95
Nordschleife Master

There is another vendor that posts on 944hybrids. He is in Texas, and from what I hear, and have seen, he does quality work. I cannot remember the company name.... but go to the link I gave you.

I know for sure there is at least 1 person on this forum that had his car built by the Texas company. It seemed to be pretty quality work when I saw it....hopefully he will post here.
Originally Posted by docwyte
That's my car that was built down in Texas, and another forum member is having his car built there right now.

You want to talk to Texas Performace Concepts, Eric Hill is the owner. Their website is www.944hybrids.com, they can get you everything you need for the swap.

Stay AWAY from www.944v8s.com. They're having extreme financial difficulties and have not been fulfilling orders or refunding money.

I'm very pleased with the work completed on my car, it runs great!
There he is^^

I don't like to give out peoples names, if they aren't already in a thread.....but I had a feeling he would post here.

Originally Posted by TonyG
Huh?

I don't think so.

First... the DB of extensive conversion info resides where it always did.:

http://www.renegadehybrids.com/

That's where it started. And just because a couple of people pouted and took their sand toys and went play in another sand box doesn't mean that anything has changed.

Secondly... they by far, have the best kit available.

You may not like them, but their products work. And they work well.

I can fully attest to the quality and strength of their products in the 951 with a LS1 that I have raced competitively for over 5 years with zero problems.

You might save a buck or two by cobbling together your own kit. But for those of us where time = money.... And when your life is on the line racing with a conversion kit...... I'll stick to what's tried and true.

Saving a few bucks doesn't mean anything to me when my I put my life on the line every time I buckle in and go race.

Building a street car is one thing. Building a fast competitive race car is another.

Yeah....

And... I have never received 1 penny from Renegade Hybrids.

I just tell it like it is.

TonyG
I know Tony got a great kit. I also believe he got one of the first kits (or first generation).

I was literally within a click of "buy it now" (mouse hovering, staring at the button) on Ebay to getting an LS2 for my car. And, not that I want to get up on my high horse, but anyone that knows me knows I research the hell out of the things I buy... And from what I've found, looking for an LS swap kit, Renegade isn't the company to work with anymore. Slow shipping times, different pricing than was advertised, and the quality of the parts just isn't there anymore. I think a lot has changed in Renegade since Tony got his kit.

The guys on 944hybrids may have pouted and taken their toys somewhere else.... but better toys is better toys.

Again, this is just what I've found, and I'm sure YMMV....
Old 12-08-2010, 02:54 AM
TonyG
Rennlist Junkie Forever

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know Tony got a great kit. I also believe he got one of the first kits (or first generation).

I was literally within a click of "buy it now" (mouse hovering, staring at the button) on Ebay to getting an LS2 for my car. And, not that I want to get up on my high horse, but anyone that knows me knows I research the hell out of the things I buy... And from what I've found, looking for an LS swap kit, Renegade isn't the company to work with anymore. Slow shipping times, different pricing than was advertised, and the quality of the parts just isn't there anymore. I think a lot has changed in Renegade since Tony got his kit.

The guys on 944hybrids may have pouted and taken their toys somewhere else.... but better toys is better toys.

Again, this is just what I've found, and I'm sure YMMV....

I can't say that RH is the best out there. What I can say is that, at least for me, their products have been top notch and have performed without failure under race conditions for over 5 years.

What I will say is that their 2 piece bell housing is absolute OEM quality and saves a ton of time when servicing the clutch & flywheel for sure. I will never go with a one-piece bell housing in a 944.

In 5 years of racing, finally blowing up the junk yard LS1 installed in 2005.... I installed a brand new GM Performance LS6 and reused the clutch (which was i perfect condition). Zero slippage. No hot spots. And the disk looks like it's brand new.

Their race oil pan, with it's boxed design and quad trap door setup and windage tray are easily up to the task under race conditions with very wide, sticky tire'd race cars.

The rest is history...

I'm back into a 2nd engine in this car, using the kit, fully disassembled and inspected, and put back into service.

The only thing we replaced was the pilot bearing. And that was because I couldn't get it out of the old crank without destroying it... when I swapped everything over to the new LS6.

What can I say?

I know it sounds like an advertisement for Renegade Hybrids... But the truth of the matter is that with all the bugs I had to sort out in this conversion... none of them had anything to do with the conversion kit.

So not only do I have no complaints..... I'm totally satisfied. And I'd buy the kit all over again all day long.

(and yes I know people probably think I'm getting paid by them or compensated in some way... but I've never received anything from them for free or at any discounted rate. I'm just a very satisfied customer).

TonyG

Quick Reply: LS1 kit suppliers, list of avaibale suppliers