Old 11-28-2010, 09:26 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts
Default PRI show

The annual trip to the PRI show (Orlando Fl) is coming up fast (12/9-11) – anybody else going? I’ll be there from late Thursday to mid Saturday.
A small group of my odd friends came up with a great idea – turns out there is a ‘night DE’ at PBI on Saturday night, we are going down there for some fun under the lights!

So – if anybody wants to meet up at PRI post here or shoot me an email at chris@944enhancement.com
Old 11-28-2010, 10:37 AM
shiners780
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That nighttime DE would be pretty cool. Did I hear correctly that Brian and Rich are renting cars?
Old 11-28-2010, 12:04 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by shiners780
That nighttime DE would be pretty cool. Did I hear correctly that Brian and Rich are renting cars?
Shhhh.....we don't want the rental folks to know....!!!
Old 11-28-2010, 02:21 PM
Scott H
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Is this a trade show or is it open to the public as well? I wouldn't mind checking out the new Garrett turbos in person (and try to get them to make those wheels available on the T3/T4R >:O ).

And the night time DE sounds like fun. Is it going to be in the convention center parking lot? They've made some pretty killer AX tracks there before. If you look up the convention center parking lot on Google maps you'll be able to see the tire marks from previous course layouts.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:38 AM
disasterman
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I will be there on Friday.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:25 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by Scott H
Is this a trade show or is it open to the public as well? I wouldn't mind checking out the new Garrett turbos in person (and try to get them to make those wheels available on the T3/T4R >:O ).

And the night time DE sounds like fun. Is it going to be in the convention center parking lot? They've made some pretty killer AX tracks there before. If you look up the convention center parking lot on Google maps you'll be able to see the tire marks from previous course layouts.
It’s a trade show – no public admission. It’s a really serious race industry show, no chrome wheels or stereo vendors. All the turbo manufactures are usually there along with 1000’s of really cool vendors for engine / race parts.

The DE is down at Palm Beach International (the old Moroso track)

Last years ‘race’ the event at the PRI show was a shifter cart race in the parking lot – with F1, NASCAR and sprint car drivers! It was fun to watch the different styles – and those guys were pretty serious!
Old 11-29-2010, 09:39 AM
Own Goal
Team Owner

Received 2,323 Likes on 1,396 Posts

Is this the trade organization that also sponsors an annual TV event with a competition between chosen examples of top modifiers? Saw it last year and had a hand full of restored/updated Camaros, Corvettes, Mustangs, some ricers and an updated original Cobra. Did a time lap, auto cross, drag race and 0-60 and braking test. Cobra won easy. IF so, lobby anyone that will listen for a P car or two in this years show.......

Trending Topics

Old 11-29-2010, 09:52 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by Own Goal
Is this the trade organization that also sponsors an annual TV event with a competition between chosen examples of top modifiers? Saw it last year and had a hand full of restored/updated Camaros, Corvettes, Mustangs, some ricers and an updated original Cobra. Did a time lap, auto cross, drag race and 0-60 and braking test. Cobra won easy. IF so, lobby anyone that will listen for a P car or two in this years show.......
I don’t think so, the trade show organizers are kind of ‘low key’ since they are really a trade only outfit.

There was a turbo 968 sitting on one of the chassis dyno’s for display and occasional runs. They do set up some chassis dynos in the parking lot.
Old 11-30-2010, 06:32 PM
drift a 944
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll be there again, probably on Saturday.
Old 11-30-2010, 10:16 PM
HIGHBOOST
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I work for a motorsports company, but we just did SEMA...I wanna go though!

Quick Reply: PRI show