Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

F-in corvettes!!! now whats up with my car?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 07:28 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
Speak for yourself

Up at altitude, they aren't that scary.
ahhhh...boosted atmosheric pressure!
Old 11-23-2010, 07:31 PM
racerxrick
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ehall
Your problem isn't mechanical, it is the fact that you are as big of a retard as the guy in the vette. Glad you didn't kill anyone. Stop acting like a child.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:43 PM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It probably just took him that long to get traction.

That said, take that **** off of the public roads.
Old 11-23-2010, 08:05 PM
Darwantae951

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts

Old 11-23-2010, 08:27 PM
Acetylene
Pro

I just sold my 2003 Z06 and my 951 was a faster car, but not out of the hole, of course. A C6 Z06 is a totally different animal. Add a little work under the hood and - just nasty. I would guess that if it was a real power loss, not perceived, you experienced ignition cutout. Having said all that, WTF are you doing driving like that on a public road !! Someones wife could have been coming the opposite direction while you morons were apexing the turns Road Atlanta style! C'mon man.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:41 PM
400hp944
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ehall
Your problem isn't mechanical, it is the fact that you are as big of a retard as the guy in the vette. Glad you didn't kill anyone. Stop acting like a child.
Thanks ehall. You said it all......
Old 11-23-2010, 11:31 PM
95ONE
Race Car

Originally Posted by docwyte
You'll need more than that. A very mildly modded (like exhaust) C6 Z06 can dyno at 470+ rwhp and they weigh 3000-3100lbs.

That's way out of a 951's league.
LOL.. if you say so
Old 11-24-2010, 02:42 AM
piperporsche180944
Burning Brakes

Nice kill. Those LSX engines seem to accelerate very consistent through the gears, they are damn fast. I smoke my friends C5 Z06 and also his LS3 Corvette.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:50 AM
TheDice951
Racer

Well, I got a bit more than expected.... I'm running a Huntley stage 2 turbo and vettesse software. The vette may not have been a real z06 but the guy said it was and looked mean as he'll so I assumed.... It was a c6 and he had traction. It was power loss on my part, I let off then he passed me. The car is actually running a little funny but I'm not going to post on here about this stuff since all I get is some ****.... I posted the story so you guys knew what I was doing when the car problem started to hopefully get some info from you on what my car issue could be but all the focus Is on that a vette would eat my car and that I was stupid for running him on a public road.... The fact of the matter is, I asked you guys to help me figure out what happened, not to hound me for running a vette..... I know what I said was what happened and he agreed so you can argue all day that a vette is a totaly diff. Level or what not but all I want to know is what's up with my car.... I guess I can figure it out on my own I have plenty of experience, I just thought it would be nice to talk it out with some knowledgeable people.... Guess not
Old 11-24-2010, 02:51 AM
TheDice951
Racer

Thanks to those who tried to help!!! I'm in a bad mood today because I was rear ended at an intersection by a lady yelling at her kid in a dodge Durango.....
Old 11-24-2010, 03:06 AM
onspeed
Burning Brakes

Probably been posted on here before:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6EiNFiLhV0

I don't see 15 psi of boost out running that. or even keeping up. And z06 are pretty easy to identify. Besides the silver z06 badges on the sides, it sits lower, front bumper is different, and has a little slot in the nose. I think there might also be a small spoiler on the rear, and z06 wheels of course.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:03 AM
piperporsche180944
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TheDice951
Well, I got a bit more than expected.... I'm running a Huntley stage 2 turbo and vettesse software. The vette may not have been a real z06 but the guy said it was and looked mean as he'll so I assumed.... It was a c6 and he had traction. It was power loss on my part, I let off then he passed me. The car is actually running a little funny but I'm not going to post on here about this stuff since all I get is some ****.... I posted the story so you guys knew what I was doing when the car problem started to hopefully get some info from you on what my car issue could be but all the focus Is on that a vette would eat my car and that I was stupid for running him on a public road.... The fact of the matter is, I asked you guys to help me figure out what happened, not to hound me for running a vette..... I know what I said was what happened and he agreed so you can argue all day that a vette is a totaly diff. Level or what not but all I want to know is what's up with my car.... I guess I can figure it out on my own I have plenty of experience, I just thought it would be nice to talk it out with some knowledgeable people.... Guess not
The people that think the acts are arrogant shouldn't post on the tread. Simple enough.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:04 AM
Mark944na86
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Two more dumb punks on my ignore list. At this rate, pretty soon I'm going to need a new list...

I'm glad I read the story about the Durango, though. That gave me a chuckle.

"The Streetracer meets the Angry Mom. Angry Mom 1, Streetracer 0."
Old 11-24-2010, 09:32 AM
67King
Race Car

Originally Posted by TheDice951
Bull$#!+. That post was filled to the brim with narcissism. You came on here to brag about racing a Corvette that has over twice as much power as you did stock, and still probably has 150-200 more horsepower than you do, given your mods. That it was a Corvette is irrelevant. That you were racing is irrelevant to the onset of your problems. All you had to do was say "I was accelerating hard." Done, end of story.

I don't know what the hell you expect folks to do when you brag about street racing. Maybe you should go find some ricer forum where that crap is acceptable. I had a neighbor killed a few months ago by some punk teenager riding his bike like a maniac in our subdivision. Another neighbor (teenager in the family) lost a good friend who lost control of his hopped-up SRT-4 while doing nearly 3 times the speed limit on a busy public road. You think I'm going to actually help you get back on the road so you can act like a punk and put the lives of bystanders at risk?

I'm sorry, but that kind of crap should be neither condoned, nor even accepted around here. Not to mention the fact that our insurance rates are subject to the behavior of every person who has one of these because of profiling. I hope you can't figure out what, if anything, went wrong.

Now let's just say for a minute what you wrote actually is true, and your car is faster than a C6 Z06. So someone with your lack of maturity, who isn't even old enough to know how to capitolize the first words of sentences and proper nouns, has a car that is capable of doing 0-60 in under 4 seconds. I'm sorry, but it scares the crap out of me to know that there is someone out there like that.

If you want my advice, park the car, and when you are a little bit more mature in some number of years down the road, then come back for help. I happily help kids (like my neighbor who I practically had to chase away almost daily for a couple of years) who are into cars. I love seeing kids take an interest in them, and learn how to accomplish things on their own. But correcting their mistakes isn't just about nuts and bolts. And you need a lot more work than your car does.
Old 11-24-2010, 10:00 AM
HIGHBOOST
Pro

I had a neighbor killed a few months ago by some punk teenager riding his bike like a maniac in our subdivision. Another neighbor (teenager in the family) lost a good friend who lost control of his hopped-up SRT-4 while doing nearly 3 times the speed limit on a busy public road.

All very unfortunate events, I'm not going to say what you can and can't do, however passing judgement on everybody who drives a little spirited from time to time based on some "punk" teenagers as you put it is not fair IMHO

Quick Reply: F-in corvettes!!! now whats up with my car?