Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another one bites the dust...
Old 01-04-2011, 08:02 PM
hunterdasch
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did it sell? please say it did so I can stop looking at it.
Old 01-04-2011, 10:15 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All PM's replied to.

3 offers, but Car is still available.

Thanks for the compliments and I truly hate to see it go. I have invested a lot to get it to my tastes...but right now my son is more important.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:00 PM
Baptizo
This didn't cost
me any drachmas
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Too bad I've spent that much buying my 951 and Bronco....here's wishing the timing had been better.

glws
Old 01-05-2011, 11:50 PM
Scott H
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have saved pictures of your car, it's what I hope my Guards Red 951 can look like someday. The sad thing is I paid more than your asking price for a stock '88S with more miles and the mechanical condition was misrepresented by the seller... oh well, such is life, I'm having fun resuscitating the beasty. I hope your car sees a nice new owner soon.

Seriously people, listen to us when we say you'll spend twice as much making a car this nice, if not more. And let's not even begin to count the hours of labor...

Edit: But CPR, your son is worth more than a Ferrari F40, if that is your fancy. As hard as it is to sell a car family is really where it's at, even when the car feels like part of the family.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Very tempting at that price….but I am on a 12 step program to deal with my addiction problem!
I just bought another track car project….is it wrong for one person to own 4 widebodied 951 track cars…..?

Good luck with the sale and with your son.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Dougs951
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris White
Very tempting at that price….but I am on a 12 step program to deal with my addiction problem!
I just bought another track car project….is it wrong for one person to own 4 widebodied 951 track cars…..?

Good luck with the sale and with your son.
Do you buy cars that run?

I cant seem to buy one that drives, and I have found another I want to pick up.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:38 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Originally Posted by Dougs951
Do you buy cars that run?
Where is the challange in that?
Old 01-07-2011, 12:35 AM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Car will be going to a broker on January 17th. Pretty sure he is re-listing it for $13k or $14k....not sure if he can get it, but it will be his deal then. Car will be listed in Auto Trader and few local sites by him with way more detailed pictures if anyone is interested at that point.

I'll have to pull this thread down at that time, but will re-list the brokers information/links.

BTW...the subs and amps will be removed~returned to me and the spare tyre/jack/tools re-installed in its original location by him. I was surprised by this, but he claims it adds no value and I am not about to throw away $3k in audio equipment . All the component speaker sets, and touch screen/navi head unit will stay.

Thanks again for the compliments, and wish everyone a Happy New Year.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:51 PM
porrsha
Race Director

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

pm sent
Old 01-13-2011, 09:34 AM
slownrusty
Rennlist Member

Received 321 Likes on 151 Posts

What a fabulous car...! Wow...
Old 01-13-2011, 07:08 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Patrick – sell it to ‘porrsha’ – he lives about 5 miles from me, I will make sure he takes care of it. He also does the occasional track event – maybe you can get a ride around Watkins Glen as part of the deal.

My other reason for get ‘porrsha’ to buy it is because he used to have a GT3….I want him to really see the light!
Old 01-13-2011, 08:45 PM
CyCloNe!
Race Car

Received 121 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by CPR
BTW...the subs and amps will be removed~returned to me and the spare tyre/jack/tools re-installed in its original location by him. I was surprised by this, but he claims it adds no value and I am not about to throw away $3k in audio equipment . All the component speaker sets, and touch screen/navi head unit will stay.

Thanks again for the compliments, and wish everyone a Happy New Year.
He's right sadly mods to any car don't increase the value of the car, but there are people willing to pay extra if it's to their tastes... But as far as resale value mods usually hurt the selling of a vehicle instead of help. I've had a crappy experience with this on a car I modded to death spent 3-4k, never got close to its worth let alone close to the KBB third party value.

Us Renner's love mods though so I'm sure someone will pic it up, i personally would happily pay more than that if I had the cash. Good luck bro
Old 01-14-2011, 11:29 AM
Mike_UCR
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested but have questions. I've got a stock 88 924S. I love to drive my car. It is my 3 season DD and we do about 12 DE days at Mosport each year. If I move into something as modded as your car do I need to go out and get an engineering degree to drive it and keep it on the road? I am mechanically challenged so not much DIY. I know nothing about progamming the ECU so I would hope that there is a lot of support available.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:08 PM
CyCloNe!
Race Car

Received 121 Likes on 103 Posts

You would be fine bro. generally there's chips you can buy that will do most of the programming for you as far as timing, fuel and such... lindseyracing.com and vitesse. If they don't have the chip you need for your setup generally they can get something to work.

I'm not very mechanically inclined myself I do body work but if you can do simple things then you shouldn't have to worry to much.. there's pleanty of people on the site to help as you know and usually these things have instructions

Quick Reply: FS: 86 Turbo, Mint and Modded