Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

FS: 86 Turbo, Mint and Modded

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 03:19 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mike_UCR
I'm interested but have questions. I've got a stock 88 924S. I love to drive my car. It is my 3 season DD and we do about 12 DE days at Mosport each year. If I move into something as modded as your car do I need to go out and get an engineering degree to drive it and keep it on the road? I am mechanically challenged so not much DIY. I know nothing about progamming the ECU so I would hope that there is a lot of support available.
Having wrenched on and ridden in this particular car, I can say it has been sorted out well, and has little if anything needed... more towards the if anything.. might need a wash and wax...

CPR is one of the folks I consider a friend, and this is one of a few I consider a nice NICE car...

For the price, you cannot get a nicer, better equipped, better sorted 951 anywhere.. period! For the money, this car is a steal!
Old 01-14-2011, 03:39 PM
kenkawai993
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any update on the cars status ? Hoping this beautiful car went to a good home
Old 01-14-2011, 04:29 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
Having wrenched on and ridden in this particular car, I can say it has been sorted out well, and has little if anything needed... more towards the if anything.. might need a wash and wax...

CPR is one of the folks I consider a friend, and this is one of a few I consider a nice NICE car...

For the price, you cannot get a nicer, better equipped, better sorted 951 anywhere.. period! For the money, this car is a steal!
Completely agree. This is one of those cars that you know is well sorted and documented. It's a solid buy.
Old 01-14-2011, 10:16 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike_UCR
I'm interested but have questions. I've got a stock 88 924S. I love to drive my car. It is my 3 season DD and we do about 12 DE days at Mosport each year. If I move into something as modded as your car do I need to go out and get an engineering degree to drive it and keep it on the road? I am mechanically challenged so not much DIY. I know nothing about progamming the ECU so I would hope that there is a lot of support available.
Mike,

No engineering degree is required. The ECU is straight Vitesse managed with all the bells and whistles. Easy to use (tune to your liking), or leave as is and drive forever.

As for the other mods, everything was matched to everything else and was not 'scotched taped' together. Every/Any part that was replaced was new, brand name and correctly installed. NO parts were ever re-used in the re-assembling/replacement of anything.

Mine is not a concourse car, but I honestly feel it is a well put together example, that has been extremely well-cared for, under the premise that I would have it for a very long time. I cared not for what any particular component/part cost, only that it was the right one.

Hopefully this helps shed some light,

Patrick
Old 01-14-2011, 10:21 PM
CPR
Race Director

Originally Posted by porrsha
pm sent
Replied, and my apologies for the delay.

Originally Posted by Chris White
Patrick – sell it to ‘porrsha’ – he lives about 5 miles from me, I will make sure he takes care of it. He also does the occasional track event – maybe you can get a ride around Watkins Glen as part of the deal.

My other reason for get ‘porrsha’ to buy it is because he used to have a GT3….I want him to really see the light!
My wife is already accusing me of not actively trying to sell it....

I would like nothing else than to see another Lister get it, as much as it pains me to see it go. $26,000+++ later and I finally have it exactly as I want it.....wtf.

Also, I suspended the brokerage date to give him more time.
Old 01-19-2011, 08:31 PM
CPR
Race Director

Sold, Thanks.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:25 PM
porrsha
Race Director

Received 55 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by kenkawai993
Any update on the cars status ? Hoping this beautiful car went to a good home
It will be near Chris White's expert hands.

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood

I agree!!

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
Completely agree. This is one of those cars that you know is well sorted and documented. It's a solid buy.
Originally Posted by CPR
Sold, Thanks.
Thanks Chris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-21-2011, 06:43 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by porrsha
It will be near Chris White's expert hands.

I agree!!

Thanks Chris!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too bad its snowing and going to be below zero this weekend - you are going to have to be patient for a while!
Old 01-21-2011, 07:52 PM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Damn CPR. You must have an awesome son!
Old 01-31-2011, 02:20 AM
schelerc
5th Gear

Hi, I was wondering if your car was still for sale? I am looking at a couple of cars on rennlist and was wondering if i could get some more pictures of your car? If you could send the pictures to my email that would be great, and tell me any problems with the car.

Thanks
Joseph
joecscheler@gmail.com
Old 01-31-2011, 02:29 PM
hevquip
Racer

Originally Posted by schelerc
Hi, I was wondering if your car was still for sale? I am looking at a couple of cars on rennlist and was wondering if i could get some more pictures of your car? If you could send the pictures to my email that would be great, and tell me any problems with the car.

Thanks
Joseph
joecscheler@gmail.com
If you would actually bother to read posts, you'd see this car was sold. In fact, I think in every thread where a car has been for sale, you've come in to ask if it's still available and in every one of those threads, it has been stated that the car is already sold. If you want to ask someone about a car for sale, it's best to PM them.

Quick Reply: FS: 86 Turbo, Mint and Modded