Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Chips Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 03:33 PM
86 951 Driver
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't want this thread to be about stand alone's really because any of the standalone options are not for your newbie Turbo people.
Old 10-01-2010, 06:56 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Euro951
Changed from autothority to Vitesse on a 26/6 car with Tial 38 and B&B catback. The difference was noticable, especially in the low RPM. It feels like the Vitesse Chipset has more timing down low compared with the Autothority.
The Autothority actually has a ton of timing advance at off boost – over 40 degrees of advance. I believe they were trying to get the turbo to spool up faster with a very aggressive timing setting – in reality there are better ways to get a turbo up to speed.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 86 951 Driver
I didn't want this thread to be about stand alone's really because any of the standalone options are not for your newbie Turbo people.
I won’t high jack your thread…but I do have to say that standalones can work quite well for ‘newbies’, if they really understand what they want to do with their cars. Most newbies buy chips, then a wastegate, then a MAF then a piggyback, then some better chips, then some larger injectors…and some more chips. By the time they have exhausted the original DME options they have spent more than a good stand alone system. I can’t tell you how many times I have seen the same scenario repeated.

All that being said – the Vitesse chips and his support have worked the best in customers cars I have worked on.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:53 PM
slap929
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats what I was asking about, but as chris has said, not trying to hijack this. So..... what he said.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:09 PM
86 951 Driver
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I could see where what Rouge Ant could be beneficial from a money standpoint since you can just retune for the new mods. If there was an easy way to learn how to tune I would say to hell with all these chips and just go with the option to tune yourself. It most likely will be a better way to do it.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:51 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 86 951 Driver
I could see where what Rouge Ant could be beneficial from a money standpoint since you can just retune for the new mods. If there was an easy way to learn how to tune I would say to hell with all these chips and just go with the option to tune yourself. It most likely will be a better way to do it.
There is.....Chris White with the TEC systems, or Dave McGrath with the Link systems, or Vic Pauer with the ViPEC systems.

Old 10-02-2010, 04:24 AM
piperporsche180944
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh boy, Ill be banned if I open my mouth regarding chips.....
Old 10-03-2010, 09:40 PM
spanky
Rennlist Member

Received 725 Likes on 507 Posts

Not sure if I still am a newbie, I am still learing each day more and more as to what it takes to make these cars run. In the past I have had the Guru chips/ stage 2/ 18 psi maf with piggy back , Weltmeister chips, Stock chips, & Authorty chips, and as of last Friday I installed Russel Berry chips, Scivision maf, 3 bar F/Reg, Tial 38 WG set @ 15 PSI by Accuboost MBC, with the stock intake/ filter setup. Did 400 miles of road testing in the Santa Cruz mountains this past wkend and am very very happy, pulls hard and was easy ti install I have no idea what the HP gains were, The car behaves so smothly without any stumble what so ever. The best chip is most likely the one in your car right now up until you replace it with the next best one. At the time that I had each of the above in my car( except the stock chip) I thought they were the best. The cycle will never end. Thats what makes this so much fun. Buying new stuff and running it.
Old 10-03-2010, 10:03 PM
alxdgr8
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

I started with Authority Stage 2, switched to Guru (which was much better), but have since switched to Vitesse. Can't comment yet as the car isn't running, but I'm sure it's better. Will probably switch to standalone next year though.

Quick Reply: Chips Comparison