Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Chips Comparison

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010, 10:34 PM
C ANDERSON
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have run Autothority in the past now have Lindsey Max in 2 cars one just the instant hp set up, other is maf and 4" exhaust all the other goody's. Both run very well . Just changed a friends car from Autothority to MAX all else stock and see great improvement in upper power and smoother idle.

Clifton
Old 09-30-2010, 11:15 PM
Zeff
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Vitesse for me

I switched to a 26/8 with the vitesse afm chip and this car rocks. The shop I had work on the car had an 89 with a Lindsey Maf, I dunno if something was really wrong with that car, but the shop said my car at 13psi was faster than the 89 at 15psi.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:34 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

From experience:

If you only have limited mods (or none at all) and considering the little money that an Autothority MAF/Chipset can be had for used, that is the best option for those conditions (limited budget and mods).

If your car is in perfect mechanical and electrical condition (especially electrical) and you can afford it, the Vitesse MAF and chipboard is a good option.

Max chips are good, as Russell will burn them custom for you, to match what you have, without having to buy a ton of high dollar components so they will 'work' correctly.

But what I think may very well turn out in the long run to be the best of them all, is what Rogue_Ant is doing.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:40 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

I went from Autothority to Vitesse and the difference is huge. Power, spoolup, drivability, they are all far superior in the Vitesse chip.
I'll be going with a full Vitesse stage 2 setup soon.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:46 PM
Rogue_Ant
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Small Business Partner

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CPR
But what I think may very well turn out in the long run to be the best of them all, is what Rogue_Ant is doing.
Soon...
Old 10-01-2010, 12:29 AM
86 951 Driver
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure how much to mod my car, but I wanted this thread not to only educate me, but future members as well. I was hoping that we could maybe get some dyno graphs or just some back to back testing and real world experiences.

1. Vitesse or maybe MaxHP
2. Not sure
3. Authority/Welt chips.

Do most people have a MAF in this thread? That would make a huge difference in not just price but also how well the package goes together. I might have to start a poll about this.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:06 AM
CPR
Race Director

Originally Posted by 86 951 Driver
I'm not sure how much to mod my car, but I wanted this thread not to only educate me, but future members as well. I was hoping that we could maybe get some dyno graphs or just some back to back testing and real world experiences.

1. Vitesse or maybe MaxHP
2. Not sure
3. Authority/Welt chips.

Do most people have a MAF in this thread? That would make a huge difference in not just price but also how well the package goes together. I might have to start a poll about this.
If you do a "search" you will find where this has been addressed (including polls) at least 20 times. All the information you could possibly want is in those old threads.

Also, IMO, I wouldn't even bother to change the chip if I was doing the MAF.....some require it.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:19 AM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by CPR
If you do a "search" you will find where this has been addressed (including polls) at least 20 times. All the information you could possibly want is in those old threads.

Also, IMO, I wouldn't even bother to change the chip if I was doing the MAF.....some require it.
+100

Search is your friend.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:42 AM
minho78
Burning Brakes

I have never used Vitesse so I can't comment on John. But I'm running Russel Berry chips with my APE MAF. Car starts and Idles really good compared to the APE chips I had before. When It comes to compare HP and Dyno's there's a lot of variables(Engine to Dyno). I went with Russel because my AFR's were really off target. Russel hit it almost right on. Dyno Graph attached(Mine is the Blue). Also I can't comment on the other cars since I have no clue on their setup. I had one sent to me with my car only but I deleted by mistake.
Attached Images  
Old 10-01-2010, 01:51 AM
minho78
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
Soon...
I'm really interested in what you are coming up with.
Old 10-01-2010, 04:39 AM
Black51
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by racerxrick
newbie here too...I have a stock turbo with mods listed in sig. I have resisted a MAF because I don't think the stock turbo flows enough to warrant the upgrade??

After a previous thread i did verify my turbo is stock. The car pulls VERY hard though boost does drop at redline. Otherwise I run 17psi and it flies. It "is" possible I've seen 160mph indicated and the car was still pulling! Or..was that a dream
Nope, not a dream. I've hit 165mph on my k26/6.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:01 AM
Chris White
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Chips are for dips…..

Standalone is outstanding!

Hey, what can I say, I just couldn’t resist!
Old 10-01-2010, 07:46 AM
boston951
Addict
Rennlist Member

951Max chip in my 1988 Turbo (non "S" version) which is basically stock with low miles. I have been very happy with the improvement over the stock chip performance.
Old 10-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Euro951
Racer

Changed from autothority to Vitesse on a 26/6 car with Tial 38 and B&B catback. The difference was noticable, especially in the low RPM. It feels like the Vitesse Chipset has more timing down low compared with the Autothority.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:14 PM
slap929
Pro

So what about stand alone systems. I know they cost a lot more but in the long run, if your planning on modifying during the life of the car, it seems more cost effective. How do you tune these? How hard is it to do? Does upgrading the car(i.e. adding a tial 38mm or 3'' exhaust) does that really make a big enough of a difference to render your current chips obsolete? Can you then not run a map instead of maf? Sorry for the noob questions.

Quick Reply: Chips Comparison