you need powerthirst....not meth

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRuNxHqwazs
Old 09-10-2010, 01:23 AM
JDS968
Bannana Shine
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood
reduces boost or timing... not both excess of either will cause damage, hence the need for meth in the first place.
How far are you advancing your timing? The (main) point of water/methanol injection is to increase boost pressure beyond the point where detonation would normally occur. If you're advancing your spark timing so far that, even with no boost, you'll still be detonating...I think you're missing the point.

Unless of course you're using water/methanol injection on a naturally aspirated engine, in which case...advanced timing is probably the main point, and this will pull that timing, it seems.

Oh, so the most popular (cheapest) setup they sell, this WONT work with.
I don't even take the Stage 1 system into consideration, I wouldn't use it even if it came with the safeinjection thing built-in. If I'm going to bother with W/M, I'm going with something that injects proportionally based on the MAF signal or at least manifold pressure.

but I seriously doubt anyone here, buying a $125 meth injection system, is going to spring for the additional $150 for the safeinjection, nor any of the optional (read cost more $$) pieces, nor would they tie it back into the car to cut the DME, the timing, or any other possible cut point.
Has it been established that everybody here who might consider water/methanol injection would be selecting $125 kits?
Old 09-10-2010, 01:29 AM
JDS968
Bannana Shine
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 219 Posts

I am sure it FELT faster... it had electrolytes.... and electrolytes are what plants need...
Originally Posted by azmi951
"Water, like from the toilet????"
Originally Posted by Rogue_Ant
"Brawndo - The thirst mutilator"
"Ow, my *****!"
Old 09-10-2010, 09:49 AM
toddk911
Drive-by provocation guy
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are a fair amount of gains to be had running water/meth even if you don't jack up the boost or timing. The charge air is greatly cooled and that alone is not only going to be felt in hp and throttle response, but also added saftey margin even if only running 15-18psi especially in the summer.

No changes at all on tuning will still make the car feel like it is a 40 degree day even when it is 100 degrees out. Even on 15 psi the temp of the intake air is still very high and anything to bring that down is safer and increases performance.

So water/meth is always a win win.

Some still call it a "band aid". I call it 110 octane for 99 cents a gallon.

Quick Reply: Methanol Injection?