Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Top Turbo choices....

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 06:16 PM
TurboTim
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The billets are more ridged and wont flex at obscene rpms like the cast wheels do which is why they are more efficient.That is the whole reason billets wheels came onto market so you can run higher boost pressures then cast wheels could handle.
Old 08-19-2010, 06:18 PM
333pg333
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by 66droptop
I've been debating between the GT30R and GT35R. I had a GT2554R on a '98 900RR that spooled up instantly, and that's 919cc of displacement. Had the low end characteristics of a diesel, and it screamed up top. I think it was building boost by 5000rpm if I remember correctly, which is obscenely low rpm for a sportbike. For my 951, I've had the goal of 400 to 450whp, but haven't really obsessed over the differences in the turbo maps off the Garrett site.

Those of you with the 30 and the 35, I'm wondering:
- what whp you're running
- at what psi
- what rpm does the turbo begin to come online (transition from vacuum to boost)

P.S. I'm a new guy. Sorry if I need to make a new guy post somewhere. I haven't really strayed from the 951 stuff in the few weeks I've been reading this board & few days since I registered. But this is THE thread I've been wanting to see.
As you'll read in here in a few posts via search, the GT35 is too big for a stock 2.5L 8v 951. We don't tend to slap on big turbos and turn the boost up into the high 20's-low 30's like the DSM crowd. The headgaskets will keep 'a pop-pop-popping'. Mid range torque and handling is our cars strong suit. Braking can be too. Even top speed is excellent for a car so old.
There hasn't been a lot of experimentation on these cars either. There are not a whole lot of bolt on options, but you will find out what these are soon enough.

I run a GT3076 and it seems a great all round turbo for this car. If you go up in capacity, then the GT35s and similar sized turbos become a realistic option.

Quick Reply: Top Turbo choices....