Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Ebay Headers: I am the guinea pig

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 10:27 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So that begs the question, can we get anyone to make a two piece crossover at a similar price?
Old 08-08-2015, 10:39 PM
ehall
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BTW the race car looks cool Justin. Got any more pics? If so post them up in the pic thread.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:00 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 179 Likes on 99 Posts

I ordered a v-band 3" downpipe. After many months of waiting and back and forth over email eventually my pipe arrived.

Name:  pFl1yaah.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  90.8 KB

Name:  aSnPuQGh.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  115.9 KB
Name:  5NQvx73h.jpg
Views: 18
Size:  153.8 KB
Name:  DSe0tfgh.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  80.7 KB
Name:  IybUEfXh.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  120.4 KB
Old 06-20-2018, 07:13 PM
GPA951s
Three Wheelin'

Received 270 Likes on 209 Posts

Originally Posted by ehall
So that begs the question, can we get anyone to make a two piece crossover at a similar price?
I made my own 2 pc crossover. I just bought the Flange from Lindsey and did a mock up on a motor I had on a stand, then fully Purge-welded it and Done.. Think the Flange was like 60 bucks.. Mike said they did a bunch of testing and there is no need for a bigger x-over and that the factory one works just fine.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:55 PM
Tripl7
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JustinL
I ordered a v-band 3" downpipe. After many months of waiting and back and forth over email eventually my pipe arrived.

Are my eyes playing tricks on me or does that downpipe look a little small in diameter? The welds look like they were done blindfolded...
Old 06-21-2018, 08:55 AM
Voith
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 647 Likes on 409 Posts

Originally Posted by gruhsy

This wouldn't be Akrapovic would they?
Yep, I live 2 miles away from akrapovic hq but sadly days when he built custom stuff for peaunuts are long gone.
Old 06-21-2018, 11:56 AM
JustinL
Drifting

Originally Posted by Tripl7
Are my eyes playing tricks on me or does that downpipe look a little small in diameter? The welds look like they were done blindfolded...
Nope your eyes are not playing tricks on you. The pipe was totally wrong. I should also mention that this is a pipe that was sent to me by Speed Force Racing.
Old 06-21-2018, 02:51 PM
chrenan
Three Wheelin'

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboTim
We are fortunate to not have to rely soley on 944 parts sales these days cause if we did..........We would be out of business! But at the same time, I have a hard time justifying selling a cheap product that doesnt have the qaulity we want to push out of our shop! I mean we can change things up a bit and still have qaulity at a lower price(potentially 25-30%) but there is no way we can make a $950 header a $500 header.That is unless you want some really big piles of crap and then if that is the case....just but the Ebay ones and you have an extra $200 for an Ebay wastegate,bypass valve,chipset,turbo,intercooler,etc.......LOL! You'll be real fast for about a week til everyhting explodes,grenades,cracks or just falls apart! ha ha

And I dont think this has turned into a vendor war by any means.I think Both Lindsey and ourselves have posted with integrity and by no means trying to argue with each other.
Originally Posted by Tripl7
Originally Posted by JustinL
Nope your eyes are not playing tricks on you. The pipe was totally wrong. I should also mention that this is a pipe that was sent to me by Speed Force Racing.
I'm local to JustinL, we've tracked together for years and co-own a race car, he's an honest straight up guy. This transaction with TurboTim at Speed Force Racing was painful to watch him go through yet comical at the same time. I just couldn't believe these were parts from the mythical Speed Force Racing that should only be discussed in hushed tones. They sent the wrong product, it was very poorly made, and arrived after many months of waiting. Not as much traffic here are there used to be. There's lots of 944 traffic on Facebook though, and it's easy to post pictures there for new 944 owners that should be warned of sub-par vendors. Just saying.

Last edited by chrenan; 06-21-2018 at 03:38 PM.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:13 AM
Droops83
Three Wheelin'

Received 76 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by chrenan
I'm local to JustinL, we've tracked together for years and co-own a race car, he's an honest straight up guy. This transaction with TurboTim at Speed Force Racing was painful to watch him go through yet comical at the same time. I just couldn't believe these were parts from the mythical Speed Force Racing that should only be discussed in hushed tones. They sent the wrong product, it was very poorly made, and arrived after many months of waiting. Not as much traffic here are there used to be. There's lots of 944 traffic on Facebook though, and it's easy to post pictures there for new 944 owners that should be warned of sub-par vendors. Just saying.
Wow, that is a shame. Last year I got a SFR 3" downpipe and center exhaust section, and they were acceptable. A bit of a wrestling match to fit, but at least the ID was consistent. But, I ordered the parts through 9Products USA, so I didn't have to deal with Tim myself!
Old 06-22-2018, 08:43 AM
Tripl7
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I must have missed the pic showing the other end, then reread that it is supposed to be vband. Just when you think your buying a quality part from a quality reputable business then get this instead...that is what makes me hesitant about buying custom made parts and heading diy instead. Sorry to hear about your issues, totally uncalled for.
Old 06-22-2018, 11:43 AM
JustinL
Drifting

Originally Posted by Droops83
Wow, that is a shame. Last year I got a SFR 3" downpipe and center exhaust section, and they were acceptable. A bit of a wrestling match to fit, but at least the ID was consistent. But, I ordered the parts through 9Products USA, so I didn't have to deal with Tim myself!
Yeah, I think deep down Tim is a good guy, but I couldn't get him to send me a pipe or a refund. It was 6 months of excuses and promises from Tim over email with the hope that I was going to get the famous quality of '15 years ago SFR'. My credit card company eventually helped me get my money back, but I still lost out on Fedex brokerage charges etc. I won't order anything else from SFR ever again and would caution anyone thinking about dealing with SFR to be prepared for a long drawn out experience.

Quick Reply: Ebay Headers: I am the guinea pig