Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

August 28th - New Jersey 951s (and NY, CT, PA)

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 01:11 PM
tritone75
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

****. after initiating this thing months back i was just hit by the summer-weekend-killler. WEDDING!!!! on the 28!!!!!!!!! its starts @ 3:30 and Im too far from van's to make it. depression is setting in. ARRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

wait...Van, can they wed on the dyno?
Old 08-11-2010, 02:07 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by MM951
I have a bent rod and "motorsport" piston we can use for highest HP
Exactly the type of thing I was thinking.

Originally Posted by tritone75
****. after initiating this thing months back i was just hit by the summer-weekend-killler. WEDDING!!!! on the 28!!!!!!!!! its starts @ 3:30 and Im too far from van's to make it. depression is setting in. ARRRRGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

wait...Van, can they wed on the dyno?
Sure - there are 2 rollers... they can each stand on a roller and turn it in unison - and we'll see how "strong" their love is for each other.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:42 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who's attending and what they're brining: (to give us an idea of how many people to feed)
-Van (dyno)
-Porshhhh951+1
-MM951 (lost HP)
-Minho78 (ribs, sausage or maybe sardines)
-James Chimney + 2 friends (homemade salsa & chips)
-Reno808
Please quote this post and add your name if you are going so there can be a proper headcount. Van I'm gonna give you a call so we can talk turkey and come up with something. We are looking forward to it.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:09 PM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porshhhh951
Who's attending and what they're brining: (to give us an idea of how many people to feed)
-Van (dyno)
-Porshhhh951+1
-MM951 (lost HP)
-CRM... (??)
-Minho78 (ribs, sausage or maybe sardines)
-Theykallmekem (??)
-Oldjammer (??)
-?? RolexNJ
-?? Reno808
-?? Techno Duck
-?? Tritone75
-?? JBrown
-?? Gcb951
-?? Gstreev
-?? MK_951

Please quote this post and add your name if you are going so there can be a proper headcount. Van I'm gonna give you a call so we can talk turkey and come up with something. We are looking forward to it.
I am in for sure
Old 08-11-2010, 06:15 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by reno808
I am in for sure
Edited and added. Thankyou.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:24 PM
minho78
Burning Brakes

Van do you have a grill available? Also the ribs is it Ok to marinate them before or once I get there? One more thing I was playing with the sardines but if anyone wants I have 4 bags of imported sardines which we cook them regularly and I can get them fresh anytime? If anyone wants them then I'll take whatever bags you want. I personally like red wine so I'll take a couple of bottles.
Old 08-12-2010, 12:18 AM
Van
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by minho78
Van do you have a grill available? Also the ribs is it Ok to marinate them before or once I get there? One more thing I was playing with the sardines but if anyone wants I have 4 bags of imported sardines which we cook them regularly and I can get them fresh anytime? If anyone wants them then I'll take whatever bags you want. I personally like red wine so I'll take a couple of bottles.
I have a small grill - only 1 burner, but it works well. I'd marinate the ribs before... won't that make them taste better?

I've never had fresh sardines, but I'll try them! And I put you down for wine:

-Van (dyno)
-Porschhhh951 (and wife) (??)
-MM951 (lost HP)
-CRM... (??)
-Minho78 (ribs, sausage or maybe sardines & red wine)
-Theykallmekem (cupcakes)
-Oldjammer (??)
-Reno808
-?? RolexNJ
-?? Techno Duck
-?? Tritone75
-?? JBrown
-?? Gcb951
-?? Gstreev
-?? MK_951
Old 08-12-2010, 05:49 PM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

OK I have a proposal regarding grilling and all that...

Now, I love doing BBQ and am pretty proud of my skills on the grill.... but there is this local place ( Cue 2 Go ) that is a BBQ place run by this husband and wife team who have been catering for over 30 years together. They make the best damn BBQ I have ever experienced. Period. By a LONG shot. Literally the most amazing pulled pork, jerk smoked turkey, ribs, bbq, fresh fruit salad, mac and cheese, etc - everything for stupid cheap.

I'm thinking maybe the can grill up a big batch of BBQ for us for a reasonable price. I mean, at their BBQ "store front" (house) it is 5.50 for a sandwich with at least 1lb of grilled goodness and 8.50 buys a whole meal, it can't be much different for a group of 15-20 people. I imagine it would be reasonably priced per person?

http://www.creativecuisine.com/
Old 08-12-2010, 08:50 PM
tritone75
Instructor

take lots of video of this guys. Im bumming!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2010, 10:30 PM
Van
Rennlist Member

Now, I love doing BBQ and am pretty proud of my skills on the grill.... but there is this local place ( Cue 2 Go ) that is a BBQ place run by this husband and wife team who have been catering for over 30 years together. They make the best damn BBQ I have ever experienced. Period. By a LONG shot. Literally the most amazing pulled pork, jerk smoked turkey, ribs, bbq, fresh fruit salad, mac and cheese, etc - everything for stupid cheap.

I'm thinking maybe the can grill up a big batch of BBQ for us for a reasonable price. I mean, at their BBQ "store front" (house) it is 5.50 for a sandwich with at least 1lb of grilled goodness and 8.50 buys a whole meal, it can't be much different for a group of 15-20 people. I imagine it would be reasonably priced per person?

I'm all for it Mike - look into it and find out what the cost would be. If it's reasonable, and people approve, we'll figure out how to pay for it.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:43 PM
theykallmekem
Burning Brakes

the bbq catering idea sounds good. id be in for it if anything. i likes food

also, i would like to extend to anyone who wants a ride/car pool with me to vans place, let me know as i am driving in my moms van so i can seat 6 adults comfortably. 944 cannot make it in pieces...
Old 08-12-2010, 11:26 PM
minho78
Burning Brakes

Mike I'm in. See you guys there. Anyone going up from the City? We can go together. Reno what about you over the river you want to meet and go up? Give me a call 908-249-2850.
Old 08-13-2010, 05:32 PM
porshhhh951
Lifetime Rennlist

Gina loves to cook but, honestly we would spend several times that amount just buying the stuff we need to cook, so we are in. Whatever the cost we will do our part to pay for it. I'm sure it won't be that expensive. Mac and cheese with ribs sounds rockin!
Old 08-14-2010, 08:18 AM
reno808
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by minho78
Mike I'm in. See you guys there. Anyone going up from the City? We can go together. Reno what about you over the river you want to meet and go up? Give me a call 908-249-2850.
Yeah let's go up together. I am in nanuet. My cell number is 845-659-3629
Old 08-14-2010, 01:32 PM
Techno Duck
Nordschleife Master

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't think I will be able to make it, have a feeling I won't be getting back until the day of at the earliest.

Quick Reply: August 28th - New Jersey 951s (and NY, CT, PA)