Notices
944 Turbo and Turbo-S Forum 1982-1991
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

Fence sitting on selling 951...is there a market for an unfinished project?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2010, 02:44 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 93 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnKoaWood

To lart there is value as the parts, as they are right now, represent over 10K in potential sales... but he isn't going to touch a car for near 10K.. much less half that...
There you go, do you know that asumption is the mother of all fuc% ups.

bought this one for 10k and paid $ 1200.00 to have it ship to Ca

that was RKD in OKC's 89 turbo

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...-an-offer.html

I bought "Ieatv8's" ca for 9.9k
it had leda's 24point adj
T04e
Wideband
Mafterburner
72Lbs inj
Race fuel pump.
LR Stage II Maf
SFR stage II headers
SFR 3" down pipe and x-over pipe
SFR 3" cat back
LR hard Pipes
LR stage II IC
38MM wastegate
Weltmeister front & rear sway bars
18" CCW's
Rebuild LSD Tranny
Etc etc.

If motivated and I can make money I am willing to pay.
Attached Images      
Old 04-26-2010, 02:55 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lart951
There you go, do you know that asumption is the mother of all fuc% ups.

bought this one for 10k and paid $ 1200.00 to have it ship to Ca

that was RKD in OKC's 89 turbo

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...-an-offer.html

I bought "Ieatv8's" ca for 9.9k
it had leda's 24point adj
T04e
Wideband
Mafterburner
72Lbs inj
Race fuel pump.
LR Stage II Maf
SFR stage II headers
SFR 3" down pipe and x-over pipe
SFR 3" cat back
LR hard Pipes
LR stage II IC
38MM wastegate
Weltmeister front & rear sway bars
18" CCW's
Rebuild LSD Tranny
Etc etc.

If motivated and I can make money I am willing to pay.
So offer 10K for this one and prove me wrong once again...
Old 04-26-2010, 02:58 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

So offer 10K for this one and prove me wrong once again...
this car is not wort 10k, I need to see picts.

I'll give you 7k for yours
Old 04-26-2010, 03:01 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

btw, there were listers that witness these transactions, I am not making stuf up. So call it.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:08 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

some of the parts and another listers car cyrus951 it was a 89 951
Attached Images          
Old 04-26-2010, 03:13 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

this car is not wort 10k, I need to see picts.

I'll give you 7k for yours
hmmm ,thank you for the interesting offer, but no..

The parts included with the sale of this car are worth more than 10K, even if you factor for 50C to the $1 origionally spent (VR stII, 2400+.. engine, 2500+.. WG, 100+, etc..etc..etc..) and those would just be the starting bids on E-bay.

You would just need the patience to wait for the sales to part this car out...

I know what these part cost new, and what they SHOULD sell for in pieces...

even if the shell is wasted on this car, I could buy it, use what I needed on MY current car, sell the left overs and end up even if not ahead in the deal...

there are people on the board who DO have the resources to finish this project, and sell the end item, or use it for personal enjoyment..

YOU could buy this car, part it out (or finish it), and turn a profit, but trying to low ball an offer...come on... we both know your offer was low... and no, my origional assertion was not a major F Up.... it was a call as I see it...

I do not wish you any ill, nor do I have issue with what you do.. I actually appreciate it, because by culling the herd you make the cars I own just a little more special with each one gone... I also will not be dragged into a mud slinging contest with you...

I DO have something to gain in buying this specific car, and it associated parts, as it sits... sight unseen... though pics WOULD be nice... They are not germain to the purchase from my perspective, or desire at this point.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:47 PM
67King
Race Car

I have done that, I will top an offer from Lart, within reason...

He is sitting on over 10K worth of parts, but will not in pieces get half that unless he parts the car out HIMSELF (MAJOR PITA)... but that wasn't his question, he asked if there was a market for projects, and there is, but at significant loss.. the loss will be the same selling it to one of us to finish, or to lart to part out...
Well, we aren't in all that much disagreement, then. Keep in mind, I replied to a different poster urging him to give it to someone who would finish it. I had inferred he meant in lieu of parting it, himself. I never read anything that indicated he wouldn't do that, and a large number of parts are not even installed, reducing the work by a significant amount. Maybe I was wrong with that assumption, but overall, I just don't get the grief people have over parting cars.

I tried to sell my XR (referenced in my first reply) as a project before I ended up parting it. That's the reason I brought it all up - exact failure mode (head gasket), lots of parts, but family changes in the interim that just killed the project.

If you can pick it up, great! Same with Josh - I've gotten to know Josh a little over the past month, and think very highly of him (he's now the first guy I call when I need a part). I appreciate what Lart does, as well, though. If he gets it, it might help 10-12 cars get to a better state, rather than just one. ANyway, good luck with it. Hope for your sake it works out. I went in with two other guys on an XR that was like this car, and all of us got some great parts.

I guess my point is this - if I were advising the OP, I'd tell him to part it out himself.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:56 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 67King
Well, we aren't in all that much disagreement, then. Keep in mind, I replied to a different poster urging him to give it to someone who would finish it. I had inferred he meant in lieu of parting it, himself. I never read anything that indicated he wouldn't do that, and a large number of parts are not even installed, reducing the work by a significant amount. Maybe I was wrong with that assumption, but overall, I just don't get the grief people have over parting cars.

I tried to sell my XR (referenced in my first reply) as a project before I ended up parting it. That's the reason I brought it all up - exact failure mode (head gasket), lots of parts, but family changes in the interim that just killed the project.

If you can pick it up, great! Same with Josh - I've gotten to know Josh a little over the past month, and think very highly of him (he's now the first guy I call when I need a part). I appreciate what Lart does, as well, though. If he gets it, it might help 10-12 cars get to a better state, rather than just one. ANyway, good luck with it. Hope for your sake it works out. I went in with two other guys on an XR that was like this car, and all of us got some great parts.

I guess my point is this - if I were advising the OP, I'd tell him to part it out himself.
My advice to him is still in order:

1) finish the project (then decide if he needs to sell it, potential to get $$)
2) sell it to someone who will finish it
3) part it out himself (potentially get the most $$)

selling it to be parted will bring him the least amount of money... of which he has spent a significant ammount to get to where he is now... a half done car, and a big pile of parts...

I respect what Lart does, but I LOVE what Josh does...

I have my motivations to purchase this car, and have been clear about them. from the OP, this apears to be 90% done, just needing to be put back together... and to me, that is the easy part... but them I am someting of a masochist

If I buy this car, I will likely use the pieces I need, and sell off the rest... as it sounds like my car is in better shape...achieving the same goal as anyone else, but getting out of the deal those pieces I want... OR I would finish the project, get it as nice as it can be, and either use it as part of my own stable, or sell it as a completed car... that would depend on the interior and exterior of the shell...
Old 04-26-2010, 04:13 PM
carlege
Drifting

Im with you john. There are so many cars that are abused and have nothing left but to be Parted but there are a few cars in pieces that are great projects and have tons of potential that beg to be put back together or finished.
Old 04-26-2010, 04:16 PM
67King
Race Car

I respect what Lart does, but I LOVE what Josh does...

I have my motivations to purchase this car, and have been clear about them. from the OP, this apears to be 90% done, just needing to be put back together... and to me, that is the easy part... but them I am someting of a masochist
I've never bought a car that wasn't a project, except for daily drivers. I'm right there with you.

Speaking of Josh, help me convince him that that Silver Rose he just bought should be a TRACK car!
Old 04-26-2010, 04:23 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

I've never bought a car that wasn't a project, except for daily drivers. I'm right there with you.

Speaking of Josh, help me convince him that that Silver Rose he just bought should be a TRACK car!
Which one?
Old 04-26-2010, 04:35 PM
67King
Race Car

Which one?
The one he JUST BOUGHT. https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...her-pinky.html
Old 04-26-2010, 04:45 PM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

WOW, basket case... but well worth the price he paid for it....

I posted to his thread!
Old 04-26-2010, 05:34 PM
lart951
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

hmmm ,thank you for the interesting offer, but no..

The parts included with the sale of this car are worth more than 10K, even if you factor for 50C to the $1 origionally spent (VR stII, 2400+.. engine, 2500+.. WG, 100+, etc..etc..etc..) and those would just be the starting bids on E-bay.

You would just need the patience to wait for the sales to part this car out...

I know what these part cost new, and what they SHOULD sell for in pieces...

even if the shell is wasted on this car, I could buy it, use what I needed on MY current car, sell the left overs and end up even if not ahead in the deal...

there are people on the board who DO have the resources to finish this project, and sell the end item, or use it for personal enjoyment..

YOU could buy this car, part it out (or finish it), and turn a profit, but trying to low ball an offer...come on... we both know your offer was low... and no, my origional assertion was not a major F Up.... it was a call as I see it...

I do not wish you any ill, nor do I have issue with what you do.. I actually appreciate it, because by culling the herd you make the cars I own just a little more special with each one gone... I also will not be dragged into a mud slinging contest with you...

I DO have something to gain in buying this specific car, and it associated parts, as it sits... sight unseen... though pics WOULD be nice... They are not germain to the purchase from my perspective, or desire at this point.
Well, one thing for sure you dont know sh%t man, it was Joshuan barely who suggested the amount not me, second you are right you don't want to upset me. Business is business that's why I love capitalism and hate those demoRats scumbags. If it doesn't return me at least double the investement is not good for me.

Yours truly

Lart

Last edited by lart951; 04-26-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:22 AM
JohnKoaWood
Nordschleife Master

Well, one thing for sure you dont know sh%t man, it was Joshuan barely who suggested the amount not me, second you are right you don't want to upset me. Business is business that's why I love capitalism and hate those demoRats scumbags. If it doesn't return me at least double the investement is not good for me.

Yours truly

Lart
Your right, I don't know my a$$ from a hole in the ground, good luck to you in your ventures.

I suppose I have more money than brains too...

OP, IF you want to sell as is, PM me... else good luck.

Quick Reply: Fence sitting on selling 951...is there a market for an unfinished project?