Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Clore Automotive

What is a car like this worth?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2010, 09:27 AM
DanaT
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seems like supply and demand are playing a big role in the market right now.

There isn't a really big supply, but demand is lower than normal. I should not have invested the money I just did in mine. I should have spent that money on a newer 996TT.

What seems to be happening is cars that need work are bringing the rest down. I could probably fairly unload my 951 for $8500-9000 I this market. One with less fixes would go for $6k. That said, I wouldn't part with the car for $9k. If I asked $13k people would say I am crazy. But would I be? When you get a 951 with everything fixed, new vitesse turbo (i haven't even driven it yet..tomorrow i pick the car up).

Take for instance it has a new KEP clutch. If you buy a $6K car and have a clutch done it will cost:
KEP Disk and PP $850
Blazack Fork $125
Aluminum Flyhwheel $500
Balancing assembly $150
Misc Clutch Hardware $100

Your looking at $1700 in parts alone. Add $2k for labor (unless you want to do it your self).

But at a minimum, you buy a $6k 951 and have to put a clutch in (ok to do it right), your at nearly $8k with no labor. Add labor and you are now at $10k. So really, the good condition 951s, even if the owner wants more than what the average one is going for, really are better deals.

Total purchase plus reconditioning costs must be considered. That said, I think there are many people like me who would entertain getting rid of the 951 because the 996TT market is also so soft. So really, what i lose in a 951 I would gain in a replacement. That said, where I was stupid was investing money into the car. With the market like it is, in hindsight, I wouldnt invest in a 951. I should've takes the hit, dumped the car and bought something newer.

I am stuck with the 951 for a few years.

-Dana
Old 04-14-2010, 10:22 AM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DanaT
Seems like supply and demand are playing a big role in the market right now.

There isn't a really big supply, but demand is lower than normal. I should not have invested the money I just did in mine. I should have spent that money on a newer 996TT.

What seems to be happening is cars that need work are bringing the rest down. I could probably fairly unload my 951 for $8500-9000 I this market. One with less fixes would go for $6k. That said, I wouldn't part with the car for $9k. If I asked $13k people would say I am crazy. But would I be? When you get a 951 with everything fixed, new vitesse turbo (i haven't even driven it yet..tomorrow i pick the car up).

Take for instance it has a new KEP clutch. If you buy a $6K car and have a clutch done it will cost:
KEP Disk and PP $850
Blazack Fork $125
Aluminum Flyhwheel $500
Balancing assembly $150
Misc Clutch Hardware $100

Your looking at $1700 in parts alone. Add $2k for labor (unless you want to do it your self).

But at a minimum, you buy a $6k 951 and have to put a clutch in (ok to do it right), your at nearly $8k with no labor. Add labor and you are now at $10k. So really, the good condition 951s, even if the owner wants more than what the average one is going for, really are better deals.

Total purchase plus reconditioning costs must be considered. That said, I think there are many people like me who would entertain getting rid of the 951 because the 996TT market is also so soft. So really, what i lose in a 951 I would gain in a replacement. That said, where I was stupid was investing money into the car. With the market like it is, in hindsight, I wouldnt invest in a 951. I should've takes the hit, dumped the car and bought something newer.

I am stuck with the 951 for a few years.

-Dana
3 Words dude.

Agreed Value Policy.

Quick Reply: What is a car like this worth?